“Quintessential London”
Review of The Goring

The Goring
Ranked #8 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 November 2009

This is the perfect hotel to stay at....it has all the charm that one would expect of a London hotel, and the fact that it is a 5 star property, one has all the amenities that go along with that, with none of the pretentiousness. Perfect location - around the block from Victoria Station, ten minute stroll to Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abby, Big Ben, the West End. And the restaurant is rated as one of the tops in the city...and rightfully so. To the sheep!!! (you'll have to stay here to know what I'm referring to)

Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank lindak28

Reviewed 4 November 2009

Everyone at the Goring made us feel most welcome from the moment we walked in until we left again a few days later. A happy friendly enviroment exuded throughout our stay. Food was great although, being London, was also quite expensive. We found the location ideal for daily walks around London and there are plenty of pubs, cafes & restaurants nearby allowing a change of scenery. The little garden at the rear of the hotel is a lovely oasis in which to sip an evening cocktail. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank austsmith
Reviewed 27 September 2009

We can't say enough nice things about our stay at The Goring. When we go back to London we will not consider another hotel. We could not have been treated better from the moment we arrived until the momment we left. We rate the hotel excellent in all areas-room, staff, lobby, reataurant/bar, location and service.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EJREJR
Reviewed 6 September 2009

A brief visit, but 3 days of pure luxury that did us the world of good. Really friendly staff in the restaurant and on the Front Desk. A hotel with great attention to detail. Very friendly and attentive management team too.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FrogRosbif
Reviewed 22 July 2009

This is a truly great hotel. Lovely rooms. Friendly staff. Great location. For summer travel, US class air conditioning. Stayed 7 nights and enjoyed every moment of the visit. Nice dining room.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank Tourist1957
Reviewed 13 July 2009

I took my first ever trip to London this past April. As a birthday splurge for myself - I wanted an old elegant hotel with some history. The Goring did not disappoint. In fact - my stay at the Goring was by far the most wonderful hotel experience I've ever had in my life. The hotel itself is beautiful, the beds are a dream, there are towel warmers in the bathrooms and Afternoon Tea is delicious. But the service is second to none. I've never had such service; they were always anticipating my needs before I realized them myself. I mentioned in passing to the concierge one morning that I was thinking about visiting Hampton Court. When I returned to the front desk later to get my key - they had printed out maps and visitor information for Hampton Court. Another morning - while having breakfast in their gorgeous dining room - I saw one of the wait staff approaching me from across the room, unfolding a napkin. I thought that was odd since I already had a napkin. Then I glanced down and noticed that my napkin had fallen to the floor. I hadn't even realized it. But the wait staff had noticed before I did and was bringing me another one! Seriously! Who does that? That is the kind of attention you can expect at The Goring. And the location was perfect. If one turns left out the hotel and travels about a block - you'll soon see Victoria Station. If one turns right and goes to the end of the street - you'll be walking along the walls of Buckingham Palace. It was so easy to get every where. I wish everyone could experience The Goring. I am already planning how I can return again soon.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
5  Thank MsWincham
Reviewed 21 May 2009

I went to London the first week of May on a business trip. My plane arrived from the States 1 hour earlier than my scheduled arrival and I arrived at the airport at 5:30am. I was picked up at the Heathrow Airport and arrived at the Goring at 6:45am. I was greeted warmly at the front door and to my pleasant suprise I was given a room right away and I was taking a nap by 7:15am. That set the tone that everything was to go right on this trip and that the Hotel staff did everything it possibly could for you. The room was clean and bigger than the usual London Hotel. The warm bathroom floor and warming rack for the towels was a great touch. I had book the room online directly with the hotel and I paid $250 a night which was a great bargain for the class of the Hotel. The location was great, next to Victoria train station, Buckingham Palace and many other sights and restaurants that were within walking distance. When I go back to London I will defintely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business