The Tower(London)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$116
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$131/night.

US$272
US$211
  • Pool
US$339
US$179
  • Fitness centre
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$195
Agoda.com
US$373
US$200
Agoda.com
Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock(London)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$492
US$449
  • Pool
1,507 results
All reviewsgorengafternoon teabuckingham palacekate middletonlobster omeletteroyal weddingenglish hotelvictoria stationmoment you arrivebeautiful hotelconcierge deskbottle of champagneluxury hotelevery member of staffsmall hotelbirthday treatquiet street
Reviewed 16 September 2017

I've been lucky to stay at the Goring a few times, most recently for a couple nights in Sept. 2017.
I can't say enough about the hotel. The staff are superb, across the board. From being greeted by name upon arrival, the check-in staff, doorman, footmen, maid staff, lounge servers - just everyone was fantastic and friendly! I'm so impressed how they remember you and a bit about you.
The rooms themselves are very nice, clean, and furnished very nicely.
The wifi service is great, and I appreciate the tea/coffee kettles now available upon request!
The Goring is most definitely the best hotel in London because of the people and personalized service.
I will definitely stay again when I next visit London - if I can find a great advance purchase rate!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank goduke2016
SG_TheGoring, General Manager at The Goring, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear goduke2016,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on The Goring.

I am delighted that your return stay has been a thoroughly enjoyable experience and it gives me great pleasure to read your kind words on our attentive staff, perfect service, the attention to detail and requests, well-appointed rooms, and our central location.

It was wonderful to read your comments and rest assured that I will share your feedback with the team who take great pride in ensuring each guest has a memorable stay.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Goring very soon again.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

My mom travels to London regularly and is a frequent visitor to the Goring. When I travel by myself, I am all about the deal. After our trip to The Goring, I don't know if I can do budget in London anymore, lol! I was initially all about it just because Kate Middleton stayed there right before her wedding but everyone from the doorman to the concierge to the cleaners were so nice, I've been spoiled! The rooms were way big (especially for Europe) and the area was so cool. Lots of great restaurants nearby. If you're going to go big in London, go for The Goring!

Stayed: May 2017
3  Thank AlexHuw-Jones
SG_TheGoring, General Manager at The Goring, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Dear AlexHuw-Jones,

Thank you for sharing your review of The Goring.

I am very pleased to read that you found your recent stay thoroughly enjoyable in every aspect, and that you were spoiled! It was a pleasure to read your kind words on our attentive team, well-appointed rooms, and our central location.

I do hope to welcome you back to The Goring very soon again.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

We stayed for two nights for my daughter's wedding. We arrived at lunchtime and we were greeted in a very friendly manner, with the porter organising the cases as our room was not ready, and we joined our children for cocktails. We were told that the cases will be in the room when we return after lunch. We were back at 6pm and to our dismay the cases were not there, not ours not our children. We were told they would be with us instantly, however after further reminders they arrived. They were 20 minutes delayed. As we had a busy schedule this made us late for our supper party. I still cannot understand that between 3pm , time that the room should have been ready and our arrival at 6pm. The cases were still missing. The room itself was very nice, very nice furniture and very cosy. We were in room 70 and one of the armchairs had a massive stain, not very pleasant. Bathroom was very good , with everything that you possibly need. Very nice and fluffy bathrobes. Great shower. I asked to have a kettle in the room and I found one with tea and coffee and very nice Villeroy and Boch china. The staff is very well trained, they are helpful, friendly and very professional and not stuffy ,which is a relief. We had a light lunch before the wedding and everything was delicious. Still thinking of the lovely finger sandwiches. We had as well a bottle of champagne served by a very friendly and charming Greek lady. Breakfast is very nice. Fresh orange or grapefruit juice. Wonderful croissants. If you are a tourist the location is absolutely perfect. Buckingham Palace, Green Park and Hyde Park within a close and very pleasant walk. Would we come back? We all agreed that we had a lovely stay. Finally my congratulations to the doorman , he knew all our names.

Room Tip: A room with a garden view, although you do not experience noise here.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank anastasiaEngland
SG_TheGoring, General Manager at The Goring, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Dear anastasiaEngland,

Thank you for sharing your review of The Goring.

I am sorry to learn of your disappointment with your bags not already being in your rooms on your return to the hotel as I fully understand you had a busy schedule on this stay. We do usually bring the bags to the room as soon as our guests physically check in hence the bags arriving to you at 6pm. Nevertheless, it was a pleasure to read your kind words on our friendly and attentive team, and our central location. I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed the light lunch, our expertly prepared breakfast, and also the hospitality tray in your room.

I am very happy that you did have a lovely alround stay with us, and I do hope to welcome you back to The Goring again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

The arrival starts the process of perfection being greeted by name by the doorman with a smile and being escorted inside. We were very early so we were not able to check in, we were able to sit in the lounge order some complementary items. We then decided to roam around for a while and grab lunch, which was perfect because we were able to see the changing of the guard, a minute walk. After lunch we came back and thankfully our room was ready so we could catch a nap following the exhausting overnight trip from Dallas.
The entire staff at the hotel is well trained in the art of hospitality and flawless service. After finding our A/C in our room was not working well and they could not fix it we were moved to the 5th floor, a larger room, and given a complimentary bottle of champagne for our troubles..nice.
The night of my wife's birthday we received another great gift from the staff after having dinner at Gordon Ramsey, we came back to the room to a big bouquet of flowers and another bottle of complimentary champagne. Truly how 5 star service should be.
The hotel breakfast was very nice, everyone is pretty dressed up in the morning, fair warning.
My only complaint for the entire stay is that afternoon tea ran about 150 us dollars for a couple, which i found very steep, but it was a one time experience for us.
Great location, perfect staff, and authentically British, everything we could have asked for on my wife's annual birthday trip. Thank you The Goring

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RussU2525

Dear RussU2525,

Thank you taking the time to share such a detailed review of your recent stay which was also your wife’s annual Birthday celebartion, at The Goring.

I was delighted to read that you found the service excellent, the attention to detail, the staff attentive, and our central location.

Your feedback is highly valued as it allows us to ensure each guest experiences a memorable stay.

I do hope to welcome you back to The Goring in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I've fortunately stayed at The Goring twice within the past year. My most recent stay was for 3 nights. From the moment you book the hotel, you feel like you're coordinating with your best friend a night/few nights of perfect fun. Everyone you encounter at The Goring treats you like a near and dear friend and will go out of their way to help you, be friendly, give you a smile ... and it never feels like it's their job to do any of those things, but they genuinely want you to feel welcomed and appreciated for staying with them. It's hard to stay anywhere else in London - run, don't walk to The Goring - - you will not be disappointed.

I've stayed in the Splendid King Rooms and the Splendid Garden Room with a Balcony. Have to admit the Garden Room was my favorite - - it's very spacious and overlooking the garden is simply magnificent. But both rooms have a great bathroom layout and Asprey products.

Breakfast is excellent, with an option to eat in their lounge/sun room or in the main dining room. The dining room for dinner is one of the best meals I've had in London with exceptional service that only enhances the meal.

Location is great - easily can walk to the main tourist sights in London or hop on the tube at Victoria station (literally around the corner). The concierge will go out of their way to get you reservations or reserve cars for you - - again, not acting like it's their job, but really enjoy helping make your vacation that much simpler. On my first visit, they even arranged a car for me to get to the airport on my return flight home and I wasn't even staying with them at the time. Just exceptional service.

There is a policy of leaving your key with them when you leave the hotel for the days' activities. I find this nice as I like to have accountability - especially when I travel alone. Also the key weighs some so it's nice to not get pulled down by it :)

Stay at The Goring for 1 night or 10 nights - - you will be treated the same and will never want to leave.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank lbznyc603

Dear lbznyc603,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your return stay The Goring.

I am delighted to learn that your second visit to The Goring was a thoroughly enjoyable experience and it gives me great pleasure to read your kind words on our perfect service, attentive staff, the attention to detail, our well-appointed garden view rooms, your experience in our Michelin star restaurant, and our central location

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Goring in the very near future.