“Great location BUT”

Caswell Hotel London Victoria
Ranked #740 of 1,063 Hotels in London

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Myself and a friend stayed at the Caswell Hotel on the 27th October 2012. We were seeing the amazing musical WICKED! We arrived in London earlier than check in time and were allowed to leave our luggage in the reception. We were allowed back in and out whenever we wanted and were greeted with nothing but kindness and friendlyness from the staff. The room was basic but clean but for £75 a night for the two of us we were more than happy! Breakfast was simple but enough and again served by friendly staff. The hotel is located about a 10 minute walk away from Victoria Shopping Center, Bus Station and Victoria Train Station as well as about that distance from WICKED! Which suited us perfectly so we were close to the hotel after an amazing but long night at WICKED! The 24hour reception suited us perfectly for this. We will most definitely be going back to the Caswell whenever we were in London as we loved it so much we did not want to leave! Thank you to the staff for helping to make our trip as enjoyable and easy as possiable!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Londonlover25
ManagerCaswell, Manager at Caswell Hotel London Victoria, responded to this review, 8 November 2012
Dear Londonlover25

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Your feedback is very important to me as it highlights where we need to make changes to give everyone a comfortable stay.

I am really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am grateful for your recommendation. I am look forward to welcoming you back again next time you are in London.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Great budget room for one night, found it on laterooms.co.uk. The breakfast was basic but nice. The room was really clean with tea/coffee making facilities, a hairdryer and a TV. There were also extra blankets. Close to some great restaurants (I recommend the Mekong) and Victoria Station. The decor is a bit 80's but who cares.....
The only bad thing was the shared shower. It was the size of a cupboard, so had to leave my things outside in the hall. There was a block in the shower so it filled with water very quickly. I couldn't shower for more than 1 minute so impossible to wash my hair but for 1 night, it was manageable.....

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Leannable
Dear Leannable

I am grateful that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have noted your comment on shower. I am sorry for this trouble. We have unblocked the drain now. We also have some en-suite rooms as well which is perfectly suitable for you. I am look forward to welcoming you back again next time you are in London.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I recently stayed in a single room with shared bathroom in Oct 2012. The hotel was clean and the staff for the most part were very friendly and helpful. There was construction on the Underground at a location I wanted to go to. The person at the desk was nice enough to not only look up which bus I should take, but he found out where I needed to catch it and get off. The one downside to the hotel was the breakfast. I didn't expect anything super fancy. However, all they served was tea or coffee, toast, and one type of cereal. It would have been nice if there was some meet and cheese or something else more filling. The hotel is in a great location. It is close to the Victoria Station and there are tons of restaurants around of all types of cuisine.

Room Tip: Make sure to specify if you can't or don't want to climb many stairs.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
ManagerCaswell, Manager at Caswell Hotel London Victoria, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
Dear Lensa22

I have noted your comments about breakfast. We are reviewing our breakfast standards at the moment. We want to be able to offer a good breakfast whilst offering great value so your feedback is very timely.

Reviewed 11 October 2012 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights whilst working local . Very unfriendly staff , almost rude shouting at us because we entered the breakfast room 10 mins early !!!!! Breakfast is only tea and toast and the policy seems to be make you feel unwelcome so you go and eat elsewhere . We were down to stay longer but left and booked a Travelodge
I would also add as a Fire alarm engineer this hotel has a very old fire alarm system

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank johnbulpin_swansea
Dear johnbulpin_swansea,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent experience on tripadvisor. Your feedback is very important to me as it highlights where we need to make changes to give everyone a comfortable stay.

I am sorry to learn that you are not happy with your stay. Also I would like to apologise for this incident. I have used your comment regarding going for breakfast early in our last team meeting and how we could have handled this better. I am confident that this sort of issue will not happen again.
You are very correct in that we have an old Fire Alarm. It continues to work very well. We will test it weekly ourselves on top of the routine testing by an engineer.

Once again thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. I hope that you will treat this as a once off and not what you can expect from the Caswell Hotel.

Kentisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2012

The hotel was very clean . The room was clean bedding was fresh .but the on suite was dirty and the shower curtian smelt as had not been washed for a long time. The carpet was v old did not have the breakfast as had a earlŷ start in the morning

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
ManagerCaswell, Manager at Caswell Hotel London Victoria, responded to this review, 20 October 2012
Dear Mark D

I do apologise for that en-suite room shower curtain was dirty. I have addressed this issue and we have revised our checking process to ensure that this is not missed again.

I hope that you will consider us again next time you are in London.

Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Just returned from a 3 night stay will be booking again.If you have read the negative reviews don't be put off,First of all I suppose you were looking for a budget hotel then you can't go far wrong.All the hotels in the area look the same size from the outside so I imagine all the rooms are the same size inside.The rooms are basic but clean with pure white towels in the shower (we had an ensuite room)only £85 per night.nothing negative to say really but if elegant decor is your thing book the Hilton.All in all a good place to stay with friendly helpful staff.Close to all amenities but very quiet at night due to being a one way street.

Room Tip: Go for ensuite if available small but useable shower cubicle.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
ManagerCaswell, Manager at Caswell Hotel London Victoria, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Dear Paul D,