“great price-great location”

Caswell Hotel London Victoria
Ranked #748 of 1,068 Hotels in London

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Close to Victoria Station so, for the price, a great bed for those in transit who need early morning trains out of Victoria. We stayed for one night. We had an "ensuite family room" for 3. The room was tiny BUT there was a shower AND toilet in it and that's what we were looking for. Being on the upper floor it was really warm in the room, (hot air rises I suppose) so we slept with the window open which was a bit noisy. Staff are very helpful and the inclusive breakfast was very good though not overly generous.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ARoelink
ManagerCaswell, Manager at Caswell Hotel London Victoria, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Dear ARoelink

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Your feedback is very important to me as it highlights where we need to make changes to give everyone a great stay.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed stay with us. I have noted your comment about the breakfast being a little small. We are currently reviewing our breakfast offering. I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in London.

Email : Nimesh@hotellondon.co.uk
Hallandale Beach, Florida
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I stayed for one night. Honestly it was great it was not that clean, but I slept AND ate (breakfast include in the price) very well I absolutely love the breaskfast it was not a lot but it was great. And the receptionnist was very nice and helpful. Will come back to this hotel if I come back to London. Oh I forgot to say the hotel it's closed to public transportation (Victoria park to be exact).

Room Tip: Take a room in the ground floor because it will take you for ever just to go on the first floor beca...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank judith G
ManagerCaswell, Manager at Caswell Hotel London Victoria, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
Dear JudithG

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Your feedback is very important to me as it highlights where we need to make changes to give everyone a comfortable stay.

I am really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am grateful for your recommendation. I read some comments about cleaning. It would be very useful for me to know what was not so clean so I can get this fixed. I am look forward to welcoming you back again next time you are in London.

email: nimesh@hotellondon.co.uk
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We did book our stay through Venere.com. The hotel never received our reservation, so when we got there, the Indian staff member at the reception did their best to find us an acceptable solution.
The rooms are tiny, very basic, and there is not space to leave a suitcase. You need to unpack everything and still, there is not enough storage room for suitcases. Both the private bathrooms and shared bathrooms are tiny, but seem to be clean. The carpets, covers and chairs however do look horrible and used. The bedlinen seemed to be clean though.
The windows are NOT insulated and as we happened to be there during winter time, the rooms was very cold. One of the rooms had a heating problem and an electric heater was available. This was obviously not the best solution, as it got hot very quickly and once you turned it off, cooled down even faster.
All in all, you get what you pay for. Would I return ? Maybe.. For the great location and the calm environment mainly. You can very well hear the other guests walking around, but there was no traffic noise and the neighborhood looks safe and welcoming. It is about 20 minutes walking distance to Westminster, 10 minutes to Victoria.

Room Tip: To not choose the quadruple room with share bathroom, this should be a double room at most. A doubl...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Geneva1973
Dear Geneva1973

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is very important to me as it highlights where we need to make changes to give everyone a comfortable stay.

I am pleased that we met your expectations. I am sorry to hear that you have problem regarding heaters and window. This has been a very cold winter. We had a heater that was not working although this has been fixed now. As to your comment about double glazing we are continually looking at options to improve the hotel and this will be discussed.

I hope that we will welcome you back again next time you are in London.

email:nimesh@hotellondon.co.uk
Tampere
Reviewed 20 March 2013

A basic old English house, a basic two star English hotel. Great location next to Victoria Station, but very cold. Three night were plenty but with the rate we got I can't complain. And the staff was helpful enough.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
ManagerCaswell, Manager at Caswell Hotel London Victoria, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Dear SatuA

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We use all the feedback we get to make changes to improve the experience for future guests.

I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations in terms of cleanliness. It would assist me greatly if you could let me know what particular aspect you are referring to so we can ensure that it doesn’t happen again.

I have also noted your comment about the cold. We appreciate that London has been experiencing one of its coldest springs on record so far. We are actively working to ensure that all rooms are warm and welcoming.

I hope that we will see you when you are next in London.

email : nimesh@hotellondon.co.uk
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 4 March 2013

As a cheaper option in London, the Caswell was perfectly fine - I wasn't expecting the Ritz after all. The room was quite clean, although I wasn't crazy about the fact that we had to go outside a back door to get to it as this meant that when I woke up in the middle of the night I had to go outside to get to the bathroom since there was no bathroom in the room. One of the hotel workers also kept smoking outside the windows to our room even after I asked them not to, which was irritating. So if you don't want that sort of situation, you should specifically request that your room be in the main portion of the building.

I'll also note that if you need an elevator, there isn't one in the building, just some rather steep stairs, so look elsewhere.

The bathroom in the basement level was fairly clean, although it was quite cold in there since the window didn't shut all the way. The shower was fine - rather large, the controls were easy to use, and there was plenty of hot water to be had.

Great location - about ten minutes from Victoria Station and a little less from Pimlico Station on the Underground.

Really, my only real bone of contention with the hotel was that the times I was told were when breakfast were served weren't followed at all; some mornings breakfast started late, some mornings it ended early. I had booked here in part because there was a breakfast served, but out of four mornings I only managed to get it once.

I suppose the up-shot of it is that you get what you pay for, and as such I was pleased with the Caswell; cleanliness is probably the most important factor to me, and, as I said, the room was very clean. I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Damariscotta
Dear DamariScotta,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent experience with us on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is very important to me as it highlights where we need to make changes to give everyone a comfortable stay.

I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Some of your comments have caused me some concern. In particular the smoking. If you can let me know what time this happened so I can investigate the matter. I have also noted you comments about the breakfast times. Going forward I will be personally checking the start and finish time daily, Please accept my apologies for this.

I look forward to you response and I hope that you will choose us when you are next in London.

Manager

email : nimesh@hotellondon.co.uk
Terceira, Portugal
Reviewed 3 February 2013

This B&B is certainly not the nicest but its also not the worst. The bathrooms are shared and not very clean, the rooms are very small but have the essentials perfect for a busy traveler. This B&B is perfect for someone who will only be here to get ready and fall asleep. The breakfast is very basic, just a few croissants and cereals. The price of the hotel was very cheap and the location was close to many attractions. The service was very good and helpful as well. I would recommend this b&b for a busy traveler on a budget.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank EatDrinkTravel2009
ManagerCaswell, Manager at Caswell Hotel London Victoria, responded to this review, 9 February 2013
Dear Eatdrinktravel2009

I am grateful that you enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciate your recommendation. I have noted your comment about the shower and we are taking steps to improve the cleaning so that they are cleaned more regularly throughout the day.

I am look forward to welcoming you back again next time you are in London.

Email : manager@hotellondon.co.uk