The Darlington isn't going to be featured in any hotel fashion magazines any time soon but what it does have means it is now my automatic destination when on business in London...
- Spotlessly clean
- Surprisingly quite
- Very central location
- Decent size rooms
- Superb value rates (I always ring them direct to book)
- Cheerful and helpful staff
- A good breakfast
Don't get me wrong about the style thing - this isn't a criticism... its not chabby or delapidated (I've stayed in some real dumps in London that claim to be 4*). Some hotels try and make you feel like you're in a stately home, others like your in some trendy bar, still others like your in prison. The Darlington feels like well... a hotel!
The staff who serve the breakfast as particularly cheerful and attentive and really should be commended.
If you want a good solid welcoming stay in central London at a reasonable price I think you'll struggle to find better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Darlington Hyde Park is located in the Paddington Hyde Park area of London, less than a 5-minute walk from the Heathrow Express terminal at Paddington station. This 40-bedroom former stately Victorian terraced town house conversion offers high standard accommodation with modern facilities, which ensure that the expectations of both business and leisure travellers alike are fully met. The Darlington Hyde Park prides itself on being a strictly non-smoking establishment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, HotelsClick, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Darlington Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Darlington Hyde Park Hotel London
- Darlington Hyde Park London