“Wonderful stay at the Darlington Hyde Park”

The Darlington Hyde Park
Ranked #209 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Syracuse, NY
“Wonderful stay at the Darlington Hyde Park”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I cannot say enough good things about my experience at the Darlington Hyde Park. The location is perfect, just a few short blocks from Paddington Station. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was actually larger than I expected. I was travelling with a girlfriend so we had a twin room. It was clean as a whistle and good strong shower in the morning. Breakfast was wonderful, with full English breakfast or continental available and included in the price. My only complaint was that the room was rather warm, even with the heat turned down, but we were able to open some windows and easily solve that problem.

Would definitely recommend and if I am fortunate enough to return to England would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you only need twin beds...room 10 was in a great location...no elevator needed and straight down...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jlbupstater
Dominika G, Manager at The Darlington Hyde Park, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear jlbupstater, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your kind feedback following your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you enjoyed all the aspects of your stay at The Darlington Hyde Park Hotel including the service, cleanliness and location. I was very happy to know that you enjoyed the breakfast and you found your room spacious. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for the best discount rates when traveling to London next. Kind regards, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights in January with my daughter and mother. We had room 17, the quad room on the ground floor. The room had two single beds and one double and was so spacious it easily had room for the sofa and two armchairs for relaxing in. The bathroom, which had a bath with handles and a very powerful shower, was also very spacious and had many lovely complimentary toiletries. There was a free safe to use and a mini fridge which also contained complimentary bottled water on arrival. My mother had to ask reception for an extra blanket one night which wasn't a problem, although no one else needed one. There is a lift to all floors which was very useful for us. There is a small laundry on the ground floor for guest use.
The breakfast was included in the price. There was a standard English Breakfast as well as danish's, cereals, yoghurt and fruit. We did ask for poached egg but they could not do this which was shame.
The hotel is only 5 mins walk from Paddington (or £3 in a taxi which we had to do one night for my elderly mother). We also only paid £20 for a taxi one evening from the Lyceum Theatre. We also found the bus routes near Paddington got us to the shops where we wanted to go and also on the Tour of London so very convenient.
Reception was more than happy to look after our bags for the day after check out.
All in all great value for money and great location - would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Quad room 17 very spacious and very quiet
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear jnclis, Thank you very much for your lovely review of The Darlington Hyde Park Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your family trip to London and your stay with us in one of our quadruple rooms. I was very happy to read that you found your room spacious and clean, you enjoyed our facilities, complimentary breakfast and our convenient location. I am very happy to read your recommendation and look forward to seeing you again1 Kindest regards, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager
Nakskov, Denmark
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Good location in a quiet street few minutes walk from Paddington. This description goes for a string of hotels facing Sussex Gardens or neighboring streets. But Darlington Hyde Park is way above average, even though my single room was rather small. My friends had a superb twin room on the top floor with more space.
Everything was clean and tidy, and you really felt welcome when you entered the reception. The breakfast was a mix of continental buffet and English breakfast to order - all in all a nice start of the day.
Not the cheapest hotel I have stayed at, but the first one I am sure I'd like to return to. Definitely very good value for the money.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Finn Spurre P
Dear Finn Spurre P, Thank you very much for taking time to review your recent stay in The Darlington Hyde Park Hotel. It is really appreciated. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your single room and your friends enjoyed their stay in a twin room. I was also glad to know that you found the hotel clean and tidy, the staff friendly and you enjoyed our lovely complimentary breakfast. We look forward to meeting and even exceeding your expectations further on your next stay! Thank you again! My kindest regards, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager
Leamington Spa England
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I found this to be a perfectly acceptable hotel, very handy location, comfortable room, pleasant and efficient staff and competitive rates (especially the inclusion of a very enjoyable breakfast).

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank drl80
Dominika G, Manager at The Darlington Hyde Park, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear drl80, thank you for your lovely feedback following your stay at The Darlington Hyde Park Hotel. It is really appreciated. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. It is very rewarding to hear we met your expectations and that you will definitely come back. Please contact us directly for the best rates available when planning your next trip. My kindest regards, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager
Tampere, Finland
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Great value for money, and the location near Paddington station very good for any kind of London experience. I booked single room but was upgraded to double room, which was a nice surprise. Room was spacious, television is quite small (no big deal) but everything else excellent in the room. Also, wifi worked very good.

The front desk lobby could have been more welcoming, it is quite dismal. I have been in London so many times that I walked straight to my room (on the 1st floor) by stairs and did not realize there was also elevator, hah.

I had read many reviews telling that the English breakfast is fantastic there. Well, for me it was huge disappointment. I did not eat the breakfast on the second morning at all. Do not get me wrong, this is only a matter of taste, but I really missed poached egg -option, beans and black pudding. I also think the whole breakfast was very bland, tomato tasted bad (hopefully it was only the one I had). For example, in comparison to the breakfast I ate in The Brook Green hotel I stayed May 2013... huge difference!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear T H, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and your room. Your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide. Thanks again and looking forward to welcoming you in our hotel again to make your stay even more enjoyable. Best regards, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My family stayed at the hotel for several days. The location was convenient from Heathrow, but be prepared to walk a distance to the sights. The staff was very helpful and excellent service. The breakfast was the best I have experienced in all my stays abroad. Our room was a triple and very spacious. Would stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Patricia R
Dear Patricia R, many thanks for your recent review on our hotel. We are so pleased you really enjoyed your visit, especially the breakfast, location, spacious room and our service. We do look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This is very unusual for a London hotel - it is fairly cheap AND is a nice place to stay. Usually you can't have both! My single room was pretty small, but well planned, and contained everything I needed including tea/coffee, wifi and perfectly working shower. And on a cold day it was well heated.

I was amazed at the quality of the breakfast, which was included in the room rate. A top-notch full English breakfast (cooked to order) plus buffet of cold items.

It's under five minutes walk from Paddington station, and there are shops and various cheap restaurants in London Street (just round the corner). The only slight drawback is that it's quite a distance from the West End (30mins+ walk time) - but by tube from Paddington just ten minutes.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dohfar
Dear Dohfar, I was delighted to read your excellent feedback on Trip Advisor following your stay in The Darlington Hyde Park. We all here are very happy that you had a great stay with us and you enjoyed our breakfast, our convenient location, facilities and complimentary Wi-Fi. We sincerely hope we will see you again soon.Thank you once again and best regards, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager