“Great place to stay”

Ranked #203 of 1,063 Hotels in London
hometown, Indiana
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We were a party of 3 adults. We had the quad room (#17, I believe) and were delighted with it. Will most certainly stay at this hotel in the future. The beds were comfortable. The room was spacious (!!) and very (!!) quiet. The bathroom was clean, well supplied, and again, spacious. Appreciated having a refrigerator and a safe in the room in case we wished to use it.

The breakfasts were delightful. Very polite and efficient service staff. The room was bright and cheery. Nice selection of food. And the hot food was fresh and hot. We were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dominika G, Manager at The Darlington Hyde Park, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear l_travel_alot_115, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your positive feedback. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at The Darlington Hyde Park Hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed our service and amenities, cleanliness and complementary breakfast. We are looking forward to be welcoming you back in The Darlington Hyde Park Hotel and I hope that all of your future stays with us will be at least as good as your recent. Regards,
Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Arrived in the middel of a heat wave.
A very small room on ground floor, well equipped for my needs, a two nights visit.
The reseptionists were very helpful and friendly and security was impecable.
Very close to busses, underground and Paddington station.
Except that staying in the middle of a heat wave was hard. A fan on the table did not give enough airconditioning. Located on the ground floor, the window could only be opened a tiny bit.
I will use this hotel again, but not during a het wave though ..

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor during very hot weather
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Dear AaseRDA, Thank you for taking time to post your review on Trip Advisor following a stay with us. Your comments are important for us as it helps to maintain the hotel and improve the service and facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. My kindest regards, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I was only staying one night for business. I received a good welcome and my single room on the top floor at the back had everything that I needed, including ample deskspace and good, fast, free wi-fi (beware London hotels that charge a fortune for this 'extra'). Everything was spotlessly clean. Breakfast the following day was excellent. Buffet continental available, whilst I had the cooked-to-order, piping-hot and delicious Full English. My coffee cup was never empty before being offered a refill - a definite plus! All the staff were very courteous and helpful.

Let's be clear, this is not the best appointed, most-stylish, grandest or most spacious hotel in London, but it does everything that I was looking for very well at a reasonable price. I would certainly stay again for business, and would book for a weekend with my wife and spend the savings out and about in London!

One thing to mention - only as I know it's important to some travellers - my room did not have air conditioning. However, the quiet position of the room meant that sleeping with the window open was not a problem.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear TheBookseller, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us including quiet, comfortable room, cleanliness, free wi- fi and the breakfast which is also included in the price. I passed your kind feedback to my team here at The Darlington Hyde Park. It is always wonderful and encouraging to receive such positive feedback. Also your recommendations to others is greatly appreciated. I very much hope we will be able to welcome you back soon. My kindest regards, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager
Sydney
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Having stayed before, we made 2 more visits during our Europe trip. The first room a double was quite large, had a separate area for tea and coffee making and as usual, was clean and comfortable. Our second room was a suite, and although not luxurious, was large with a lounge room with separate tv. The bathroom was not much larger than our first room but as usual was clean and of a reasonable size and there is nothing to complain about as the rooms are very comfortable and clean. The wifi does seem to have a few problems and keeps dropping out but that is just a small problem. Breakfast is cooked freshly and the staff are very friendly and helpful. There is a laundry downstairs with washer and dryer and ironing board. Location is perfect for London, close to Paddington Station and the Heathrow Express and lots of restaurants and shops. It is an easy walk to Hyde Park and transport into the city. Overall, a really good hotel in a fantastic location, particularly if coming from Heathrow, it is not far to walk, even with heavy bags so you avoid the need for a taxi. One small note, there is no air conditioning in the rooms so it could get rather hot in some of the rooms in summer.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mumanddaughter08
Dominika G, Manager at The Darlington Hyde Park, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Mumanddaughter08, Thank you for taking time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. I am most grateful for your comments, which are very valuable source of information for the management and help us monitor and improve services we provide. Our guest experiences are very important to us and we were glad to see that you returned to The Darlington Hyde Park Hotel. Please do come again when I am sure we will meet your expectations. My renewed thanks and best regards, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager
UK
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Ideal for a short stay. A single room was very small, but quiet and had everything, including kettle and safe. With lots of luggage could be problematic (also because of the stairs despite the lift), but for me with only a small bag, it was not a problem.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear ScepticUK, Thank you for your positive feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us here in The Darlington Hyde Park Hotel. I do hope that we will have a pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Your sincerely, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager
Grosseto, Italy
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I know it's hard to find good value for money hotels in London, but this was a good surprise. Very well located, a few minutes walk away from Paddington station. Free wifi working properly. The staff is very nice, friendly and helpful. Our room was rather spacious, considering we are in London. Anyhow the major surprise was the breakfast. Good choice, eggs made by the order and once again staff nice and always with a smile in their face. Last, but not least, it was included in our rate. A real very good unexpected deal. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Ciopman, Thank you for booking with us and for leaving such a lovely review on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Darlington Hyde Park. I was really happy to read that you liked the hotel, the service and especially our included in the rate great breakfast. I shared your kind comments with the team. Please do come and stay with us again soon. Contact us directly at info@darlingtonhotel.co.uk for the availability and best rates. Warm regards, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Last minute booking - only looking for somewhere to sleep close to Paddington after late night in town. Only a Suite available but at better price than bog-standard room in mainstream hotel so very good value as breakfast included. Rooms were decent - bed comfortable though sheets a bit thin. Bathroom had good shower. Didn't have time to use 'lounge' but good size and if you were in London for a few days as a tourist or on business then it would offer a good place to rest up other than the bedroom. Staff helpful. Breakfast was only let down but for the overall price can't complain.

Room Tip: Go for a Suite.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Bath2014
Dear Bath2014, thank you for booking with us and for reviewing The Darlington Hyde Park Hotel on Trip Advisor. I was glad that you enjoyed the suite room with its comfortable bed and powerful shower. I was equally pleased that you found our staff helpful. I was concerned that you were a bit disappointed with the breakfast- if there are any issues you would like to raise to help improve our breakfast standards, please do not hesitate to contact me on dominika@darlingtonhotel.co.uk. I hope we will have a pleasure of welcoming you in The Darlington Hyde Park Hotel in the future. Kind regards, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager