“First time Londoners”

Ranked #208 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Sydney, Australia
“First time Londoners”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Finding the Darlington was not difficult even for us first timers into London. The staff were friendly and the hot English breakfast each morning was just that, hot and delicious!! Very good all round.
While the wifi was good, there were times it was impossible to get into the system. Steps in the bathroom were difficult, there needs to be a safety rail to assist older clients.

Room Tip: If travelling in full summer you will need to ensure that Air Conn is in your room as ours did not h...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Maria B
Dominika G, Manager at The Darlington Hyde Park, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Maria B, Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read you enjoyed the location, the breakfast as well as the service provided by the team and hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again. Kind regards, Dominika Gozdzik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Champaign, IL
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed 3 nights, then an additional night after returning to London from Paris. Stayed in two different rooms, both were renovated with renovated bathrooms. Shower was snug for my husband, but this should be expected in a historic hotel. Great staff, very helpful. Very clean, comfortable, quiet. The breakfast is $10 Eur extra, we skipped it most days and grabbed a pastry out. If you are a breakfast person, it is a good choice. Easy to get to multiple Tube stops from this location and a very short walk from Paddington Station.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Lowe_Country, Thank you very much for your stay with us and for your lovely feedback on Trip Advisor. I was glad to read that you enjoyed our convenient location, helpful and friendly staff and our refurbished rooms and bathrooms. We are trying to maintain the hotel regularly to make sure that our guests feel comfortable whilst staying with us. With regards to the comment you made about the breakfast- the breakfast in the Darlington Hyde Park is included in the rate, we do not have a 'room only' option so I am really sorry for this misunderstanding. The information about included breakfast is given in the confirmation and also front desk staff say it before explaining where the breakfast room is. My team and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Darlington Hyde Park in the future. Yours sincerely, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager
Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Just stayed there for a night for a business trip. Received a nice, bright, small single room in the back of the hotel with everything I needed, very clean, free WiFi. Very quiet night with the window open. Enjoyed the breakfast the next morning, tasty cereals, good coffee.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank zein4Baer
Dear Zein4Baer, I was delighted to read your comments following your stay with us at The Darlington Hyde Park Hotel. It was very rewarding to read that you enjoyed the hotel during your business trip to London. I very much hope to be welcoming you in or hotel in near future and your stay will be at least as enjoyable as your recent. Warm regards, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

we stayed three nights in the Darlington and overall found it to be very nice. Check in was smooth, with a nice welcome from staff. We had a room on the ground floor, small but adequate. The only things we could say that we are not as happy with were the shower head that wouldn't point in the right direction, and the room was a bit stuffy and warm. However, we eventually found a portable fan which helped move the air around a bit.
The hotel was easy walking distance from Paddington tube station and plenty of pubs and restaurants also a couple of minutes walk away. We also walked easily to Hyde Park and Oxford St.
The breakfast room was lovely, friendly staff and plenty of choice for food with the option of a fully cooked hot breakfast which was great!
We had a very early check out time our last day and the staff very only too happy to provide a tray of breakfast items which were left in the room, including milk and juice in the little fridge. We also appreciated the little safe.
Overall we were pleased we chose to stay here. Thanks. I hope we can get back one day.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sarah C, Thank you for booking with us and for your review on your stay in The Darlington Hyde Park Hotel. Your feedback encourages the management and operation team to even harder work which is appreciated by our guests. Early breakfast option is very convenient for the guests who can't make it next morning as they depart very early and I am glad that you enjoyed that. I hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to The Darlington Hyde Park on your return to London. Regards, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager
hometown, Indiana
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We were a party of 3 adults. We had the quad room (#17, I believe) and were delighted with it. Will most certainly stay at this hotel in the future. The beds were comfortable. The room was spacious (!!) and very (!!) quiet. The bathroom was clean, well supplied, and again, spacious. Appreciated having a refrigerator and a safe in the room in case we wished to use it.

The breakfasts were delightful. Very polite and efficient service staff. The room was bright and cheery. Nice selection of food. And the hot food was fresh and hot. We were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear l_travel_alot_115, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your positive feedback. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at The Darlington Hyde Park Hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed our service and amenities, cleanliness and complementary breakfast. We are looking forward to be welcoming you back in The Darlington Hyde Park Hotel and I hope that all of your future stays with us will be at least as good as your recent. Regards,
Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Arrived in the middel of a heat wave.
A very small room on ground floor, well equipped for my needs, a two nights visit.
The reseptionists were very helpful and friendly and security was impecable.
Very close to busses, underground and Paddington station.
Except that staying in the middle of a heat wave was hard. A fan on the table did not give enough airconditioning. Located on the ground floor, the window could only be opened a tiny bit.
I will use this hotel again, but not during a het wave though ..

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor during very hot weather
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Dear AaseRDA, Thank you for taking time to post your review on Trip Advisor following a stay with us. Your comments are important for us as it helps to maintain the hotel and improve the service and facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. My kindest regards, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I was only staying one night for business. I received a good welcome and my single room on the top floor at the back had everything that I needed, including ample deskspace and good, fast, free wi-fi (beware London hotels that charge a fortune for this 'extra'). Everything was spotlessly clean. Breakfast the following day was excellent. Buffet continental available, whilst I had the cooked-to-order, piping-hot and delicious Full English. My coffee cup was never empty before being offered a refill - a definite plus! All the staff were very courteous and helpful.

Let's be clear, this is not the best appointed, most-stylish, grandest or most spacious hotel in London, but it does everything that I was looking for very well at a reasonable price. I would certainly stay again for business, and would book for a weekend with my wife and spend the savings out and about in London!

One thing to mention - only as I know it's important to some travellers - my room did not have air conditioning. However, the quiet position of the room meant that sleeping with the window open was not a problem.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear TheBookseller, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us including quiet, comfortable room, cleanliness, free wi- fi and the breakfast which is also included in the price. I passed your kind feedback to my team here at The Darlington Hyde Park. It is always wonderful and encouraging to receive such positive feedback. Also your recommendations to others is greatly appreciated. I very much hope we will be able to welcome you back soon. My kindest regards, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager