The Darlington Hyde Park wasn's as luxurious as our hotel in Paris, but we knew that. However, having a suite made it great to spread out.
There was not AC, but there were 2 tower fans in the room. It was also a safe neighborhood, and the front desk staff said that it was OK to leave our windows open at night. When we checked out, they tried to charge us for AC. Apparently they are upgrading rooms with AC in the bedrooms. However, once we said that our room didn't have AC there wasn't any issue of being charged for it.
The tub is very high. One needs to be careful getting in and out. It is also narrower than our tubs here in the states. I felt as if I was using a loofa on my body each time I used their towels. The bed was comfortable, but the linens were awful. I am a fabric snob, and the linens were too scratchy. I was so thankful that I had brought my own blanket for the plane and used it. There was no separate sheet. The only sheet covered the duvet, but it didn't bother my traveling companion. I have neck issues, and the pillow was too fluffy. Again, thankfully I had my own pillow that I had brought for the plane and used it.
Breakfast was quite yummy. I will crave their bacon and ham.
The front desk staff were helpful.
Being able to connect to the internet was spotty. I was only able to do so the first night. My traveling companion was somehow able to connect a few other times. We asked the front desk about it, and they said that it was because so many people were on the internet. This was quite aggravating to me.
The Darlington is close to Paddington Station and several restaurants .
Although it sounds like I've only complained about them, I would stay with them in the future simply because they are close to the subway, and it being in a safe quaint neighborhood.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Darlington Hyde Park is located in the Paddington Hyde Park area of London, less than a 5-minute walk from the Heathrow Express terminal at Paddington station. This 40-bedroom former stately Victorian terraced town house conversion offers high standard accommodation with modern facilities, which ensure that the expectations of both business and leisure travellers alike are fully met. The Darlington Hyde Park prides itself on being a strictly non-smoking establishment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Darlington Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Darlington Hyde Park Hotel London
- Darlington Hyde Park London