“Great Location”

Ranked #208 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Nicholasville, Kentucky
“Great Location”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The Darlington Hyde Park wasn's as luxurious as our hotel in Paris, but we knew that. However, having a suite made it great to spread out.
There was not AC, but there were 2 tower fans in the room. It was also a safe neighborhood, and the front desk staff said that it was OK to leave our windows open at night. When we checked out, they tried to charge us for AC. Apparently they are upgrading rooms with AC in the bedrooms. However, once we said that our room didn't have AC there wasn't any issue of being charged for it.
The tub is very high. One needs to be careful getting in and out. It is also narrower than our tubs here in the states. I felt as if I was using a loofa on my body each time I used their towels. The bed was comfortable, but the linens were awful. I am a fabric snob, and the linens were too scratchy. I was so thankful that I had brought my own blanket for the plane and used it. There was no separate sheet. The only sheet covered the duvet, but it didn't bother my traveling companion. I have neck issues, and the pillow was too fluffy. Again, thankfully I had my own pillow that I had brought for the plane and used it.
Breakfast was quite yummy. I will crave their bacon and ham.
The front desk staff were helpful.
​Being able to connect to the internet was spotty. I was only able to do so the first night. My traveling companion was somehow able to connect a few other times. We asked the front desk about it, and they said that it was because so many people were on the internet. This was quite aggravating to me.
The Darlington is close to Paddington Station and several restaurants .
Although it sounds like I've only complained about them, I would stay with them in the future simply because they are close to the subway, and it being in a safe quaint neighborhood.

Room Tip: We were in room 205 which was at the end of the hallway. We never ran into other guests in our hall...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dominika G, Manager at The Darlington Hyde Park, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Connie D, Thank you very much for taking the time to review The Darlington Hyde Park on Trip Advisor. I was glad to read that you enjoyed our location, the breakfast, you found your room and bed comfortable, the front desk helpful and our free Wi- Fi convenient and easy to use. I am sorry that you found our linen scratchy and pillows too fluffy. We took your comments on board and please rest assured that we are trying to improve our linen and towels quality. The comment about air conditioning concerns me the most. Air conditioning can be booked in advance at extra cost. If there is no air conditioning booked, we do not charge the guest anything extra apart from the accommodation or some extras like telephone call or special coffees at breakfast if there are any during their stay. Accept my apologies for this misunderstanding and if you would like to discuss it further with me, please do not hesitate to contact me at dominika@darlingtonhotel.co.uk. I once again thank you for sharing your feedback following your stay with us and I hope you will consider returning to The Darlington Hyde Park in the future. Kind regards, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Located close to Paddington station and Hyde Park.
Good cafes nearby. leafy streets, pleasant surroundings. We had a suite which had a separate bedroom, big bed, very comfortable and we had an air conditioning. Good breakfast and quick and efficient check in and out.

Room Tip: Book a suite, more room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear ocee_10, Thank you for your lovely feedback following your stay at Darlington Hyde Park Hotel. It is really appreciated. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the hotel spacious and comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you again soon! Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for the best discount rates when traveling to London next. Best regards, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager
Tequesta, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Room #3 in right under lobby. Foot steps over head all night. Door to exit/entry hall and front door slam and sound like people moving furniture overhead. We upstairs to question night manager and he acted like I was crazy, tried to say our room was under room across the entry hall. If #3 is the only triple room, DON"T STAY HERE! No a/c only a fan in the room. Breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Don't stay in triple room #3.

1 Thank DiaDave
Dominika G, Manager at The Darlington Hyde Park, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear DiaDave, Thank you for taking the time to review The Darlington Hyde Park on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to note that you enjoyed the breakfast. I am sorry that you found room 3 noisy but I hope it will not deter you from coming back to The Darlington on another occasion and you will allow us to find another room to suit you when you are back. Best regards, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager
stowmarket
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Spent two nights at the Darlington hotel and was delighted with my choice. The hotel is conveniently situated near Hyde park only a couple of tube stops from central London, the hotel was spotlessly clean and the staff could not have been more helpful, the full English breakfast was also excellent. Would certainly use this hotel again.

1 Thank stephen_markell
Dear stephen_markell, Please accept a huge thank you from my team and myself for your visit in The Darlington Hyde Park and for your amazing review on Trip Advisor. I was delighted that you enjoyed our location, cleanliness, breakfast and you found the staff helpful. We look forward to be welcoming you in our hotel again soon. Contact us via e-mail or phone to get the best rates available. My kindest regards, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager
windsor, ontario
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Staff was friendly and helpful, hotel was spotlessly clean and breakfast was very nice. Our room was well equipped but with no air conditioning we had to leave the windows open and the street noise was bothersome. That was our only criticism and we would certainly stay again as the location was great and, for this very expensive city, the cost was quite reasonable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank katmar5
Dear katmar5, Thank you very much for posting your lovely feedback on Trip Advisor following your stay in The Darlington Hyde Park Hotel. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will come and stay with us in the future. My renewed thanks, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The staff are wonderful, so cheerful and helpful!!! The cleaning ladies were also very nice! Loved the breakfast and the wait staff were super attentive!!!
Alittle noisy with the windows opened for the breeze, but we slept well.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Jerold-46
Dear Jerold-46, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your kind feedback following your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay at The Darlington Hyde Park Hotel, especially the service provided by our fantastic team. I shared your kind comments with all members of the staff. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for the best discount rates when travelling to London next. Warm regards, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 26 July 2014

It is a nice and clean hotel at a convenient location. It took only a few minutes’ walk to the Paddington Station where we could take the Underground, trains and Heathrow Express to the airport conveniently. The staffs were friendly and answered enquiries patiently. Apart from no air conditioning, our double room had all the basic facilities in good conditions. The bed and the bathroom were clean and tidy. English breakfast was served in the resultant at the basement. Both the service and food quality were good. It should be a good choice for both business and leisure trips.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear KW C, I was delighted to read your review on Trip Advisor. Thank you for leaving your comments here. I am really glad that you enjoyed our convenient location, cleanliness, breakfast and service provided by our friendly and always ready to help team. Thank you for your recommendations to others, it's greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you in The Darlington Hyde Park again soon! E-mail us when you know the dates for the availability and best prices. My renewed thanks and kind regards, Dominika Gozdzik, Hotel Manager