“Avoid at all costs”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Ivanhoe Suite Hotel
Ranked #1,037 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Denver, Coloraod
“Avoid at all costs”
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I booked this hotel through London30.com, and I also sent a follow-up email to the hotel itself to confirm my reservation (having never used London30 before), and they said everything was fine. Four months later I show up there and and the hotel door is locked and no one answers the phone. I call a number on the door and am told someone will come to let me in. An hour passes, I call again, and finally a man appears and says, Sorry, but you do not have a room here. I get angry at this point, show him all my documentation (I've very careful, plus have lived in Europe and have visited in perhaps 20 times, so am no beginner), and he says, yes, but that doesn't matter, the owner has several hotels and he'll move people around, so you have a room a 1/2 mile away. Why no call or email, I asked. This man, having gone through this with many travelers, said, "The owner does not care." So i had to move all my things, and then scramble to meet my son who was meeting me at that hotel (and his cell was not working), which caused a few more hours of hassle. When I got home to the States, I immediately contacted the London30 site and got no answer to any of my complaints. So, I'm warning all travelers to avoid that site, this hotel, and the other hotels owned by this owner who "does not care" - one of these is the hotel I was moved to, Berkeley Court Hotel on Upper Berkeley Street; 3 of 4 more are part of his chain, but I don't know which. All reputable hotel search sites should also strike these hotels off their lists, as I tried to get London30 to do. I am not a fussy traveler and have never complained about any hotel or anything before, but this was so outrageous I feel obligated to pass on my displeasure and this warning.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank travelled5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Paris, France
Reviewed 13 July 2011

As I arrived by Ivanhoe Suite Hotel, I was told that my reservation (for which I had already payed) had been cancelled, as rooms were full.
They indicated to me another (far away) hotel, to which they regularly send customers. This mechanism seems to be common, as "complice" hotel accepts to pay taxi transfer and charges same fare.
Not much choice when London is full and night is coming...

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank orsantone

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Washington DC
Reviewed 14 June 2011

It is an absolute dump. I actually came to find a place for a couple of weeks stay and stopped by to see their suites. I don't even know how to begin to describe how disgusting this place is. Never seen anything this bad and so run down. Restaurant (in no way associated with Ivanhoe except that they share the building) is amazing. To bad they are in such a dumpy building. What an eyesore for St. Christophers place!

• Stayed April 2011
7 Thank DCATA
Linkoping, Sweden
Reviewed 14 May 2011

We booked first night at Ivanhoe and we are glad we didn't book more. They never clean the place! There were dust all over the room and the fan in the ceiling has not been used for months. There was a 1cm layer of dust on it. Soaps were laying all over to hide some kind of smell. We can not recommend Ivanhoe Suite hotel because we didn't enjoy a second we stayed there. Old squeeky beds, dirty sheets, dirty bathroom.

If you only care about location and a low price, this is for you. If you will be able to get a good sleep, clean towels, and a clean room, dont even bother! It's a dump!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Mayfire
cambridgeshire
Reviewed 6 July 2010

after walkin in the hot sun we found the Ivanhoe hotel,only to be told there wasnt a room 4us and we were given the address of the Berkeley hotel a good 30mins away...it was hot n stuffy,with no facilities 4a cup of tea/coffee,not even a glass 4 sum water,there were springs sticking out of the bed..only good thing was the shower! dont go there..

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank choonz2
Paris, France
Reviewed 30 April 2010

don't look at the website, the rooms are dirty, there are holes in the sheets and even hair in the pillows, not to mention the floor covered with dust and the mould in the shower. We complained FIERCELY during MORE THAN AN HOUR when the man who was supposed to be in charge of the "hotel" finally accepted to relocate us _ after I start asking for the director phone number and talking about inspectors- in another hotel in marble arch (which was better but though not fantastic, at least the sheets were clean)

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank estherberthon
mupoto
Reviewed 8 February 2010

I stayed at the Ivanhoe suite hotel. Entrance was beside a restaurant and hard to find. Room was very basic but for the price I did not expect much. Clean sheets and towels were provided. For the location and price I would stay there again.

Stayed January 2010, travelled on business