“SCAM!SCAM!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Ivanhoe Suite Hotel
Ranked #1,040 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 18 September 2012

do not book this hotel! they use their good location and cheap price to make you book this hotel and when you arrive they just tell you that the hotel is full. We booked it and when we arrived they said that there are no rooms. That guy there spoke poor english and was not at all apologetic . First he said that the hotel is full because of the olympics although we paid for the booking and the hotel seemed empty and messy, dirty sheets and broken things in the hallways. Later he started talking about some kind of water issue in the hotel. Anyway he took us into some other hotel. also run by foreigners who could hardly speaks english. It was a real dump and they had no clean rooms. We had a big argument with everyone but ended up with no room and did not get our money back for the booking. Stay away from this hotel!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank KaisaJoe
There are newer reviews for Ivanhoe Suite Hotel

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Unfortunately I didn't read these reviews before I booked this place, I stayed for one night because I worked late and couldn't get to another hotel. I had booked this week for 3 nights but I have absolutely no intention of returning, I consider this place to be bordering on a health risk, I am fortunate enough to have showers at my office which means that I didn't need to use the bathroom, otherwise my next visit might well have been to Hospital!!

At the moment I have no idea if I will get any refund for the 2 nights I'm not staying but frankly I'm not sure I care that much, my health and sanity are much more important.

It would be good if all websites offering hotels could provide direct links to this site so that people can be forewarned, the site I used described this place as a well presented hotel in a great location for business or pleasure.

I'd suggest that using the word Hotel and/or Suite in the same sentence as this place is probably breaking a vast number of trading standards rules.

Some issues:
1. Carpets on stairs have probably never been cleaned in the 40 years they've been down
2. No light bulbs in lamps
3. TV doesn't work at all
4. Bathroom is disgusting and probably a health hazard
5. Wooden flooring missing all over the place

the list goes on and on, I can't be bothered any more..........

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
12  Thank Nigel W
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We had booked well in advance and paid deposit but when we arrived there were no rooms for us. It was not possible to reach the manager and they offered to pay a taxi to another hotel with available rooms. When we got to the other hotel there were available rooms but they were filthy. As the young guy in the reception said, 'this is London's lowest'.....I think that says it all. Of course we can not get our deposit back.

Now home again I can read that others have had the same experience. Don't book at the Ivanhoe Suite Hotel!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
11  Thank Sara G
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Despite reading the bad reports on this place before we stayed, we made a big mistake!! I dont think I have stayed anywhere as bad in my whole life and I have done some amount of travelling. Where to begin?!! Firstly we couldnt check in until 3pm, so we left our bags in there and had arranged to meet a member of staff at 3pm to get checked in etc. We waited in the rain and nobody showed up until 4pm. No apology, no excuse, nothing at all. We then went into the room, it was FILTHY, the bed hadnt been cleaned in ages and there was an awful smell.. We were given the bed sheets etc and did the beds ourselves. No toliet paper, no soap, and we were only given one small handtowl between my partner and I for 4 nights stay. Discracful. There was no reception desk there so we could not get any help from them at all. The room was so dirty and was very noisy (Being literally right beside Oxford Street) The only reason we booked this accomodation was that everywhere else was booked out for new years and it was the cheapest out of them all.. I would recommend anyone ever thinking of staying in this place, not to- its awful, it really is a filthy hotel

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
14  Thank Joan M
Reviewed 10 November 2011

- Telephone number given online did not work
- Nobody available at the hotel when we arrived, despite a scruffy note on the door saying reception would be open
- Shoddy, messy, dirty front of hotel (little door)
- Rude staff over the phone once contact made, little English spoken
- Charged more than the full nights stay even though we had to find another hotel!!

We have now contacted Budget Places.com regarding a refund. Very dissapointed.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank Nichola W
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Dirty? yes! But at least, no wall-to-wall carpets and, as far as we could tell, clean sheats & no bugs. The location is great and the area safe, so we kind of took the filth with humour. Upon arrival, we had a thorough do-it-yourself cleaning session with the help of antibacterial wipes (cost us 10 minutes and two pounds for 2 packs of wipes). OK, the blackened chewing gum on the floor remained there and I therefore left my socks on most of the time. The shower curtain was indeed moldy, but the water hot. The toilet seemed ok clean, we nevertheless gave it an antibacterial swipe, too. The staff was ok & mostly friendly and since we arrived in the afternoon, we did not have any problem with the check-in.

Good and affordable breakfast is served just across the little (car-free) square and Bond street underground at two minutes walking distance. Overall: The Ivanhoe is cheap and a bit strange, but we spent the money we saved on shopping & good food in town. I hope they soon get a grip or sell the place to someone else, because you actually could turn this into a pearl. Although it turned out to be an enjoyable London weekend for us, we will certainly look for another place to sleep the next time around.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Uta H
Reviewed 20 September 2011

The only decent thing about this rat hole is that it's location is fantastic. 1 block from Oxford Street and all the shopping. Aside from that, AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS!!!!
We're pretty sure it's never been cleaned in the past 10 years. It was so bad, that when we checked in (after a fight with the 'receptionist' on the phone, because the front door was locked with a scrap piece of paper taped to it saying 'call this number', all of which was never mentioned anywhere on the booking details, and we were forced to go find a phone to use to call) there was dirty towels, full garbages and just general grime all over the room from the previous visitor. The bed had been made up, but we weren't sure if it was fresh sheets, so we didnt even get under the blankets for fear of finding filth, and ended up using towels for blankets. (in addition, we had to go ask for towels and toilet paper because there were neither when we got into the room)
The bathroom has mould everywhere and hair all over the floor and walls from previous vistors aswell.
Basically, aside from the decent price, this place is absolutely disgusting and we would HIGHLY recommend not setting foot in it.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple