“3rd world hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Ivanhoe Suite Hotel
Ranked #1,035 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Haverhill, United Kingdom
“3rd world hotel”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We were relocated to this hotel because they had messed up our booking and didn't have enough rooms! Therefore ended up having to share two single beds between four grown men! We had 3 rooms for our party and all were awful! Mine personally had no shower curtain no towels and the shower decided when it wanted to work and when it did the floor was soaked! No irons no hair dryers! And no staff to be seen anywhere! And filthy dirty! And £70 a room for the pleasure!!

Room Tip: Don't!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Aaron T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2012

I booked this hotel as it was very convenient to get to venue of my evening's entertainment in the next street. Arrived to find it closed up, with a phone number to ring stuck on the front door. On calling this number we were told the Ivanhoe was closed due to a 'problem' and were re-directed to a different hotel, a good 10mins walk away, which made us late for our evening out and cost us £5 taxi into the bargain. The alternbative hotel, The Berkeley in Upper Berkeley Street had clean sheets and hot water but everything else about it was horrible.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank 400sph

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Newcastle Under Lyme
Reviewed 5 November 2012

At £80 for a London city Hotel, We didn't expect much.. What we got was a bed in a sparse room with single glazing where the windows wouldn't shut properly. The noise from the street cleaners at 4am kept us awake, this was followed by deliveries to the bars and Restaurants. A nightmare if we had slept! In summary, great location, dirty, noisey and very basic.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Paul L
Capitola, California
Reviewed 18 October 2012

The Ivanhoe Suite Hotel is a budget hotel located in a charming oasis in the middle of London unfortunately it has the worst management and ineffectual staff I've ever seen in my life and I've traveled the world for a living and have stayed in every kind of hotel.
For us the problem was not the hotel property, because once we got into the room we were satisfied. The problem was it took four days to get into it and we were forced to endure time in a basement dungeon at another property owned by the same people. The staff made lots of promises and never delivered and we were never allowed to speak with the management, we had to write letters which were never answered and we never had the same desk person twice in the entire time we were there. To get in the first night we were charged for the entire stay and they refused to refund any money or offer us any discount for the difference in quality of the two hotels.
I plan on writing a review of their sister hotel, the one we were forced to stay at but that involves dirty basement rooms with rats.
We stayed in seven budget hotels on this trip, some not as nice as the Ivanhoe property, but they were all pleasant experiences and served their purpose, being located in the right area for our needs. We're easy to please when we decide to travel budget, but these people drove us over the edge.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank Vincent S
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I would like to point out that I am by no means a hard to please traveller and I had very little expectations on this hotel however I was shocked by the state of this place. For a start there is no one on site, to even enter the 'Hotel' you have to call someone's mobile.
The room was extremely dirty. Had to clean the floors first before I felt comfortable to step foot inside. There was no hot water at first and later there was no water at all. Personally the worst part was the blood stained bed sheet. I just cannot imagine how any clear could put these sheets on a bed as the blood stains were all over. Since there is no member of staff in the hotel at any time it took hours to get into another room.
Please stay away from this hotel, there are better park benches out there.

Room Tip: book a different hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank Abdul-Haseeb M
Solihull, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2012

do not book this hotel! they use their good location and cheap price to make you book this hotel and when you arrive they just tell you that the hotel is full. We booked it and when we arrived they said that there are no rooms. That guy there spoke poor english and was not at all apologetic . First he said that the hotel is full because of the olympics although we paid for the booking and the hotel seemed empty and messy, dirty sheets and broken things in the hallways. Later he started talking about some kind of water issue in the hotel. Anyway he took us into some other hotel. also run by foreigners who could hardly speaks english. It was a real dump and they had no clean rooms. We had a big argument with everyone but ended up with no room and did not get our money back for the booking. Stay away from this hotel!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
9 Thank KaisaJoe
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Unfortunately I didn't read these reviews before I booked this place, I stayed for one night because I worked late and couldn't get to another hotel. I had booked this week for 3 nights but I have absolutely no intention of returning, I consider this place to be bordering on a health risk, I am fortunate enough to have showers at my office which means that I didn't need to use the bathroom, otherwise my next visit might well have been to Hospital!!

At the moment I have no idea if I will get any refund for the 2 nights I'm not staying but frankly I'm not sure I care that much, my health and sanity are much more important.

It would be good if all websites offering hotels could provide direct links to this site so that people can be forewarned, the site I used described this place as a well presented hotel in a great location for business or pleasure.

I'd suggest that using the word Hotel and/or Suite in the same sentence as this place is probably breaking a vast number of trading standards rules.

Some issues:
1. Carpets on stairs have probably never been cleaned in the 40 years they've been down
2. No light bulbs in lamps
3. TV doesn't work at all
4. Bathroom is disgusting and probably a health hazard
5. Wooden flooring missing all over the place

the list goes on and on, I can't be bothered any more..........

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business