Ivanhoe Suite Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in London
See available hotels
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Room Service
Claridge's(London)
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Room Tip: bring a sleeping bag or some washing equipment
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Didn't expect much other than somewhere to sleep for the price with the location in the capital - but even this was near impossible. One of the beds had springs poking through the mattress - whereas the other gave severe back pain. The general state of the room was relatively poor - it didn't look as though it was cleaned between each person's stay.
In the bathroom things were no better. Neither of us took a shower because there was a pool of what looked like stagnant urine in there. The tap in the room was almost impossible to do anything with because it was falling off, and until we'd been there - the sink was blocked.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
1  Thank deltamikealpha
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Trust me I am not that easily disgusted but this was simply the most horrible experience I have ever had!
This place was not only dirty but filthy and beyond disgusting! I had to check out the next day as I felt I put my health at risk by staying there.
The floor itself was so dirty that I had to wonder if this room had been cleaned at all inbetween guests, since there was a lot of rubbish still left behind from previous guests. The bathroom was in an overly filthy state as well, which is why I didn't even dare to take a shower. It was just a never ending story of finding hairs and stains on the sheets etc.

Because there is absolutely no reception and no answer for some time when trying to ring them it is really difficult to communicate anything with them.

Those rooms do not look like they do on all those internet booking sites! And the reviews are usually not harsh enough when it comes to this place.

And the amount of money they want is too much. For just a little bit more you can find beautiful hotel rooms in Central London(!) where you will also actually receive service.

What you get with Ivanhoe Suite "Hotel" is not a hotel. I have stayed in hostels that were much nicer than this.

My camera is not the best but I think you will get a pretty good idea of what's going on there.

Again, DO NOT GO THERE, because you might have the same problems like me trying to get some of your money back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Bettina M
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Just to give you the background, me and my mate are rugby players on a messy weekend to watch England vs New Zealand. We wanted somewhere cheap and cheerful to base ourselves while we spent the weekend getting sh**faced. It was perfect, a room 2 beds and a shower. No frills, just towels. That's what we paid for, that's we got!! Perfect!

If you're looking for a romantic weekend with the Mrs then no. If you're looking for a base, some beers, a great location and a messy weekend then it's spot on!

One thing I would note is that this place has huge potential and if you can tempt the owner to sell then buy it do it up and build yourself a goldmine!

Happy drinking!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2013

beyond horrible, the heater didnt work during November, so we had to stay with all clothes on under the dirty bed sheets. Clogged toilet, no toilet paper, no hot water, no mirror in the bathroom ... you are better off staying under the bridge that is more luxurious.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends