“Felt angry and disgusted when I saw the place, considering it wasn't that cheap to book.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Kenwood House Hotel
Ranked #324 of 563 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This place looks nothing like in the pictures on its site. No towels in our room and when we requested them we still didn't receive them, we had to air dry! A gap under the door ranging from an inch to 2 inches, light coming in all around the door seal too. Booked a double room but were given a room with 2 single beds and when confronted staff they said "oh...push them together". No T.V in our room, no wardrobes etc. only a dusty cupboard under the sink. The sink would retain water long after you used it. The curtain didn't cover the window fully. Room was very cold. Floorboards are very noisy and dirty! Excessive noise coming in from the street at all times. No carpet on the upper stairs outside, only dirty old floorboards. You have to share showerooms and toilets with other residents. The shower head in one of the showers wouldn't stay up in its bracket, also the mirror was broken in this room. Another shower, the water wouldn't drain out of the tray and when you turned on the tap in the sink, water would come back up the pipe into this shower tray also, the toilet wouldn't flush unless you turn on the tap.

Room Tip: Don't stay here ever!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gerj186338
There are newer reviews for Kenwood House Hotel

Reviewed 17 January 2012

I am from Austria but I'm writing this in English because I hope that I can reach more readers with my plea.

DO NOT INTEND TO STAY IN THIS HOTEL!!!! IT'S BEEN HELL, THE LAST PLACE ON EARTH YOU WANNA SPEND YOUR HOLIDAYS!!!!

When we arrived seeing the room for the first time, we kind of knew this would end up badly. There were big wet spots on the wall and the ceiling as well as cracks everywhere in the baseboard and in the mirror. There were no lampshades, just plain bulbs and on top of the mirror the lamp was missing anyway. We were on the ground floor side to the street and we couldn't lock our windows. Also the lock on the door was quite loose. The toilet was dirty inside, dust on and in the closet and we merely had streaming hot water. We had only two pillows for three people and needed to ask several times to get one. Besides that promised room facilities listed on their website simply weren't existent. All in all a real loss of your money! But the best thing happened after two nights in this freezing room when water came down from the ceiling wetting our beds and the floor... water main break. Great! Luckily we got a new room then, which wasn't really better...

Listen to my words- please if you're thinking about visiting this "Hotel"- STOP IT and save yourself a pain! The next thing what I can tell you is, when you stay there and then being unsatisfied you can't even complain because the management is some guy from India, no one knows, no one has ever seen and the staff only has one fax number. And writing to that fax number we got told we are free to leave- without getting back our money or you simply get no answer anymore. The staff is not helpful either because they are all just staying in London for a month- just for work. They are not having a clue about anything and of course they're not asking any questions...

My advice to everyone- NEVER GO THERE! I've been on Interrail and believe me- not even there the accommodations were that horrible!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank yellow613
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Dirty,run-down,mould in the shower.Had to flush the toilet two times (yes,for pee too..),old soap bars in cabinets.had to ask for another roll of toiletpaper which they kept in a black garbage bag in the middle of the reception-room.No mirror in the bathroom,toilet-seat kept sliding under you when sitting on it.They didn't change the towels but piled them up all wet on the nigh-stand.Had to turn on the shower 15 minutes before using it to get hot water.Dirty duvets on the beds which I removed but they put them back on 3 times..Bad Feng shui in the room,double bed was next to the door.A cut off wire lay lazily under the window..No TV.Didn't feel safe so put a chair in front of the door-like that would help,but it would give me time to scream I guess:/As a bonus-a green blood-bugger on the wall next to the night-lamp..Me and my husband were in London to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary-we slept in separate beds,fully clothed (because of cold and dirt and I didn't want to sleep next to the door).All these things is signs of a hotel run bad.But if youre not picky and only need a bed and a roof over your head,it's great for your budget.You get what you pay for and we have learned our lesson.We had a GREAT time in London and the hotel didn't spoil our trip at all.I didn't really mind it all but I will give an honest review:)The location alone is fantastic and if you can't get a room anywhere else,then pick this place..

Room Tip: Not for everyone
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ailboy
Reviewed 20 August 2011

When I book the hotel and the hotel receptionist took my money and only write down "paid deposit £20, paid 100 when arrive" on my reservation form and said that is the the receipt.
I thought I had secure my room, and the truth is...when we arrive, another receptionist said that they have give away my double en-suit room to someone else, and the best thing he can do is to put me and my mom at two single room in the basement...and there are a lot of dirty bed lining and stuff in the room...it looks like a storage room...and he wann charge us for full price!!!
Moreover, they refuse they had took my deposit and ask me to pay the full price....
they said they had fire two receptionist this month and the guy there said he is also new and can't do anything...I request to talk to the manager, and he said they are not allow to contact with the manager and I can't talk to manager too...WTF??

This is the worst hotel experience EVER in my life...someone should call the police and close down this place!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank L0ndonLight
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Great area to get into the heart of london and lots of attractions nearby. Very cheap but we got what we paid for and wanted - a comfy and clean bed in a family room with an ensuite shower room. This place has enormous potential but the decor lets it down - magnolia and fake wood floors throughout! In this area and with this potential I am surprised they don't do a makeover and put in the extras to charge a lot more but then it wouldn't provide such cheap accommodation for families like us. If you just want a comfy bed at a low cost this place is for you.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank nedwinas
Reviewed 17 August 2011

If all you need is a place to sleep then this is a great location providing good value accommodation, just around the corner from Baker Street - a good local centre with restaurants, local shops and an underground
Its not the prettiest from the outside, and actually if they would just refresh the hanging baskets and clean the windows it would look fine in amidst the neighbouring mansion flats.
The rooms are basic - but the bed linen was fresh and clean and the bathrooms clean with showers. The bedrooms have wood type flooring and there aren't extras like tvs, tea and coffee making and don't offer breakfasts. Staff on reception were helpful. It suited our family holiday - three adults and four teenage children who were too busy sightseeing ! Communal areas could do with a new carpet and a few extras - but if they do that then the price would go up!

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeanette H
Reviewed 26 June 2011

This was not the best place i've ever stayed at.It uses the name ' hotel ' to describe it's self.However once i arrived i regretted booking a 2 night stay.But after saying that you pay about £60 a night for a double room,which i guess by London standards is fairly cheap !!
Our room was right at the top of the property,to carry your case on the narrow staircase in it's self was an achievement.The whole place could do with a good lick of paint and new carpets.We had a toilet and shower cubicle in our room which in fairness was clean and worked properly.The bed linen and towels were clean .Our top room was situated at the front of the property ,overlooking a bus stop.The bus service ended approximately midnight and restarted about 5-6 am-so be prepared for the noise !!!.The noise is made worse by the fact that the windows are of a poor standarrd an loose fitting.
I booked the ' Hotel' because it was cheap.....and that's exactly what i got in return.
I would probably NOT book here again all because it's fairly dirty.However it's location is good with Baker Street tube station some 5 minutes walk.
The way i eventualy looked at the situation was that i was only going to be at the location for 6-7 hours at the most per day ,so i made the best of a bad situation.
If you are looking for a nice ,clean ' Hotel ' i would say probably do not book here.But if you are on a 2 night budget London break and you dont mind ' roughing ' it for a couple on nights..then as a last resort book here.
My main gripe was the untidy look of the place and the dirty it's appearance.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple