“Outstanding Location”
Review of Lime Tree Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Lime Tree Hotel
Ranked #6 of 554 London B&B and Inns
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Outstanding Location”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Lime Tree Hotel. We arrived before check in time and our room was ready so we were able to access it. The staff was welcoming and generally helpful. The location is literally around the corner from Victoria Coach station. We took the bus to and from Heathrow Airport at a cost of 12 pounds. We were also close to Victoria Tube and train station. We purchased the week pass for 30 pounds and we found it to be a great value.We always felt very safe in the area. (We often saw Bentleys and other fine cars parked in the area) Our room was #18 and it overlooked a little garden in the back of the hotel. It was very quiet. The room was very clean and very basic. The bed was comfortable. The linens were a little rough...I have to admit that I like fine bedding. The bathroom appeared to be new and it was immaculate. Our only complaint was the breakfast. We are Americans and we didn't find it appealing. There was a lovely little deli up the street, La Bottega, where we got delicious pastries and cappacino, lattes, and sandwiches. Overall, we felt this was a good value for London.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank sisi123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Finnish first
austria, vienna
Reviewed 29 March 2012

First of all...don't believe the negative reviews here. The Lime Tree Hotel really beats all other locations in this price range. Everything the announce on their website is true and you will meet the friendliest staff ever.

I went there with my sister and mum and we booked one single and one double room. Upon arrival we were very friendly welcomed and given a free upgrade to a triple and double room which made the welcome even warmer.

It is true, the stairs are quite steep but this is all written on the website and residing in such a beautifully restored house makes you forget the stairs. My mum stayed on the third floor which was really high up but she liked her room so much that she did not mind the stairs. When we left she was helped with her luggage.

My sister and me stayed in room 17, a triple room with a single and double bed. It was heaven! We had two huge windows that face the street with a small balcony and the room was super-clean. The curtains block out the light if you want to sleep longer and there was hardly any noise. The decoration is beautiful and the bathroom even had a bathtub. We slept perfectly in the cosy beds and were woke up by the delicious smell of freshly baked bread.

For the breakfast you can choose between continental and british breakfast - both is fantastic. The staff is cute and helpful, always happy and eager to help.

There are two great cafes on the corner of the hotel: TomTom Cafe with the best chicken salad and coffe and Peggy Porschen with her incredible cupcakes. The Ebury Wine Bar next doors serve delicious Dinner. The location is perfect - right in the neighbourhood of Victoria station and Kings Road is also just around the corner.

We really enjoyed staying in such a beautiful area and the hotel lived up to all our expectations. After trying lots of locations, we finally found our favorite hotel. Thank you, Lime Tree Hotel for this amazing stay!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank corrinska
Lund, Sweden
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I don't know how many times I've stayed at the Lime Tree - one thing is for sure - I'll stay there next time I go to London. Most of all I like the staff - they are always so friendly and helpful. The room are always nice and clean - and good space. The breakfast is marvellous. Ii's close to the underground and to Victoria station - it's simply the best hotel to stay at when i London.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Gerd_from_Lund
Watertown, New York
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I can't say enough good to say about this Hotel / B&B. The staff were all very friendly, the owner Matt would drop everything he was doing to help you on directions or plans for a day trip. The neighborhood was perfect and quiet with plenty of fantastic restaurants within a stone's throw. The Thomas Cubitt Public House was fantastic and we visited it several times. The queen room we had was very quiet and had a view of the back yard garden area. A great breakfast that was cooked to order

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 48812StephenG12
Sarasota, FL
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I chose this hotel for its proximity to Victoria Station and the hotel's website. The website made this hotel look really wonderful and the pricing of the rooms matched the 'look' from the website. I was on my own for two weeks in England and this hotel looked perfect, so I didn't mind spending a few extra dollars for the hotel room.

I was wrong -- the hotel is average, the rooms small (with update bathrooms, however), the cute breakfast room was nice but the food, included in the price of the room, was average at best. The lack of elevators didn't bother me when I booked my stay as I thought the stairways would be easily navigated and help would be available for large baggage if needed. The stairs are steep and narrow, with two turns on each flight. The room I was assigned was on the 3rd floor and the only assistance for baggage was a tiny young girl working the front desk and no one else. (I think she weighed the same as my baggage!) At 62 years old, hauling that suitcase up three flights of stairs while negotiating the narrow corners, was a real challenge.

I will say that the location of this hotel is great. It's within walking distance of Buckingham Palace and Victoria Station and there are plenty of restaurants and pubs nearby. But I will try to find another hotel with similar proximity to transportation on my next visit to London --those stairs almost killed me.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
10 Thank NormaRoberta
Berkshire
Reviewed 24 February 2012

This hotel feels just like staying with family. Friendly, welcoming staff. Rare in London, believe me.
My room was small but had everything that I could want. Even though it faced out to the front of the hotel it was quiet. The bed was comfortable, the pillows soft, and the curtains of such good quality that the room was lovely and dark.
Breakfast was cooked to order, and served amazingly fast. But yet perfectly cooked.
Lovely dining room. Lovely friendly staff.
Taxi ordered for me: Addison Lee, who are really professional and know what they are doing.
Thank you all. As a woman here on business, and staying alone, this hotel felt very safe.
Would I stay here again?
Without any doubt. And for the price they charge, they really beat the competition for what they offer.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
7 Thank Cat C
Devon, England
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We were a party of 4 (2 mothers and teenage daughters) and all stayed in room 13 on the first floor which was a comfortable size and a very pleasant room.
Very peaceful and a very convenient location.
Good breakfast.