“Excellent Location for Exploring London”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lime Tree Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Lime Tree Hotel
Ranked #6 of 573 London B&B and Inns
Tampa, Florida
“Excellent Location for Exploring London”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

This lovely B&B is perfectly located on the eastern edge of the high-end Belgravia district in central London. It is a 10 minute (2 1/2 block) walk from Victoria Station for trains and underground, and only a block away from the Victoria Coach (bus) station. There are several restaurants in the immediate vicinity, from upscale dining to pub and deli takeout. The 24 hour hotel staff are very accommodating, helping with tourist info or any other inquiries, and cheerfully assisting with luggage if you need help with it up or down the stairs - because this is a historic location, there is no elevator. On the plus side, you get free Wi-Fi and Gilbert and Soames toiletries. The rooms are all unique, so you may want to verify the specifics of the room you reserve. Some doubles have a luxurious bath, others much smaller, and at least one room is quite small by North American standards. The breakfast provided has just 2 basic options (traditional or continental) but both include orange juice, tea or coffee, toast and miniature croissants. There is a garden area out back of the hotel that many of the rooms also look out upon. I found the linens and beds to be very comfortable as well.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Debbie S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Thames Ditton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay in a beautifully decorated, very comfortable, good sized room with 2 windows overlooking Ebury Street. If you want to be in a place with a more contemorary feel but with the attention to detail and service from days of old, then this is the place!

The staff were amazingly helpful , efficient & friendly. The Hotel's owner was also helping us from the front desk which is very reassuring & speaks volumes for how the place run. We left with the feeling that for all of them, nothing was too much trouble.

Would highly recommend this great place and would love to return ourselves.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank HelenLM52
Burlington, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I usually don't take the time to write reviews but I had to make an exception in this case.
The Lime Tree was a wonderful find in a beautiful section of London, but what makes this place truely exceptional is the wonderful staff. The last night of our stay I had a filling fall out of my tooth that I recently had a root canal done on and I had to get into a dentist in the AM because we were leaving via train to the Cotswolds for a 2 week hike. The towns we were going to were very small and I knew I wouldnt be able to find a dentist once we left London. Alex called and got me into a wonderful dentist right up the street who fixed my tooth and I still had time to make my train and continue my trip.

I can't tell you how thankful I was for all the help we received from the staff while we were there, it was like staying with family. I know I will return to London at some point and I will be sure to stay at the Lime Tree.

W. Meyer
USA

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Wendy M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

My sister and I spent 6 nights at the Lime Tree Hotel in September 2013. We had a wonderful experience in the hotel, because of the gracious and helpful front desk staff-particularly Alex, the breakfast servers, who were very accommodating and efficient, and the convenient location. We were 2 blocks from the Victoria train/tube station, a 10 minute walk from Buckingham Palace, and had an excellent restaurant/bar right next door. Our room was on the first floor, and overlooked the back garden. We had twin beds, a flat screen television, and a clean bathroom with a shower. There was plenty of storage for clothes in the two cupboards. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to travellers to London.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Ljrlaw
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

Just got back from London. Loved Lime Tree Hotel. Staff went out of their way to help us pick restaurants, activities and transportation. Could not have asked for a better value, location, and atmosphere!

Room Tip: Loved our rooms on the main floor, one went right out to the garden!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 133denvertraveler
charlotte nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

My husband & I stayed here last week & it was fantastic. Yes the stairs are a killer but by the 3rd day they didn't seem so bad. We had a room on the top floor overlooking the courtyard & it was very clean. The breakfast was very good with choice of continental or traditional English breakfast. The staff is excellent, very helpful & friendly. The location is close to the tube. If we ever return to London we will gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: If stairs are a problem ask for a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tina D
Stow, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Like other reviews have said this is the perfect location a short walk from Victoria and Sloane stations. Great restaurants close by and close to Buckingham Palace and St. James Park. Our room and adjoining bath were roomy and beautifully decorated. The owners and staff were extremely friendly and helpful. They gave us great recommendations for dinner, site seeing, and suggestions for the few days we had in Paris. I can't recommend them enough and would stay there again in a heart beat!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple