Lime Tree Hotel
US$216
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsvictoria stationebury streetsloane squareebury wine barbuckingham palacetop floorthomas cubittupscale neighborhoodlovely neighborhoodvictoria coachno elevatorbreakfast was deliciouscharming hotelsafe neighborhoodsmall hotelwithin walking distancebreakfast room
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Neighborhood is near Victoria Coach station (buses) and Victoria Station (subway and trains). Safe within walking distance of coffee shops, restaurants, transportation and shops. I stayed with my husband and 10 year old son and never once felt unsafe. Staff is super helpful and nice, and a hearty breakfast is included in your room. Room rates are reasonable (for Central London) and of a decent size (again, by American standards, the rooms and bathrooms are on the smaller side, but by European standards, they are fine. You'll be able to take all the pound notes you save and invest in your vacation). We stayed in two different rooms during our stay. I would recommend wholeheartedly and plan to return...

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank MamaK279
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Not wanting to pay the price for one of the luxury hotels, I also didn't want to stay in a generic one. The Lime Tree Hotel was the perfect fit - in beautiful Belgravia, rooms with a fireplace, 11-ft ceilings with original trim, and a big window overlooking the back garden. Their included breakfast was a great start to every day; every staff member encountered was extremely friendly and helpful. We stayed for a week - and were SO very pleased with our decision!!

Room Tip: Thankfully we had room #2, only up one flight of stairs. (no elevator)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank travelingmoose2013
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I've been traveling to London many times over the last 15 years and I've not had a finer all around customer service experience than Lime Tree Hotel. I was skeptical they could live up to the trip advisor glowing reviews but they are legit. Every staff member was friendly amd helpful. I was totaling solo so I stayed in the tiny single room but I expected that. It's decently priced for London and conveniently located by London Victoria Station. Highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Chris B
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here for our honeymoon. This was my second time staying here and my wife's first. The rooms are very clean and a decent size with smaller bathrooms (but this is to be expected anywhere in Europe). The staff is extremely friendly, and willing to help assist in any way they can. The complimentary breakfast is as good as you can get anywhere in London, and makes this hotel a great value. Situated in the heart of Belgravia, it is a short walk from Buckingham palace, as well as the Sloane Square tube, and Victoria Rail/tube stations. All of these features combine to make this hotel probably the best value in all of London. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank jdug83
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We had a very good 2 night stay here in March 2014. We chose this hotel primarily because of it's location - we were travelling to Tilbury by coach from Victoria station to join a cruise and the Lime Tree is literally just around the corner.

The welcome we received was friendly and, as we were a little early, took a recommendation for lunch locally. We were in a superior double which was comfortable if on the small side but OK for a couple of nights, as I mentioned in the title the hotel is more of a B&B - there's no bar (or even mini bar), no lifts (lots of stairs which we saw some elderly guests struggle with) and, best of all, no faceless corporate staff.

We had breakfast on both days which was nice enough and well served.

The hotel is about 5 minutes walk from Victoria Rail and Underground stations - Green Park is but a stop away on the Tube, and, being in Belgravia, is safe and quiet (for London).

We seemed to be the only British guests, everyone else being from the US or Canada and the front desk staff seemed to spend a lot of time advising them on tourist activities which was good to see.

All in all a good stay and very good value for London in general and especially compared to Mayfair hotels, where we normally stay. We may well stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple