“Nice Place and Good Location”
Review of St. David's Hotels

St. David's Hotels
Ranked #657 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My wife and I stayed at St. David's because of the cost and location. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the breakfast was very good. If you expect satin sheets and room service you can spend many more Euros down the road at the high price 5 star hotel. If you want a clean place to stay with a friendly staff then this is a good value.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank OnaNickle

Reviewed 15 August 2013

stayed here for 1 night whilst visting my mum in hospital and what a let down it was, we paid £90 for a special room( apecial being it had a toilet and shower attached to room) was very dissapointing 1stly if you have any mobility issues this isnt the place for you there is no ground floor accomadation and no lift we were stuck on the 3rd floor with hardly no stair lighting room itself quite small and bathroom had a huge step up to it then a portaloo and ting shower you couldnt turn round in the shower at all no tea coffee making facilities either one of the worst hotels we have stayed in the only highligt being the breakfast was ok and the waiting staff were all very good and happy and helpful but that was the only highlight of our stay we WONT BE STAYING AGAIN NEVER

Room Tip: dont stay here pay extra and go el.sewhere
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mike b
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed at St. Davids for 10 days.

Definitely a great hotel with very friendly staff, always helpful and polite. The management always there to help us in any way, the family running the hotel are very kind and always available. Less than 1 minute to Paddington Underground station, near pubs, restaurants, 5 minute walk to Hyde Park, near to a supermarket, and all kind of small shops.

The room was very clean, very nicely decorated, spacey and had a great view to the park outside.

The breakfast served in St. Davids is simply fantastic. A wide range of choices / full English, European etc. is available, in a clean breakfast hall, served by very friendly staff.

If we ever visit London again, we will definitely stay there. We recommend this hotel, since we believe it is one of the best in London.

Panos - Eleni

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Panos E
Reviewed 2 August 2013

When we arrived we were given the option of a room on the fourth floor, no lift, or the basement... despite having made the reservation months in advance. Since I had an injured foot, we chose the basement room. It was like a dungeon! There was a window but it opened out to a grimy "courtyard" and ANYONE could have joined us. (Since London was in the midst of a heat wave, an open window was a necessity... obviously, no air-conditioning.) One look and we fled to the fourth floor room. The room was clean and we did get help lugging our bags up. With my bum foot, the fourth floor was problematical even without the bags. They said they'd try to move us to a lower floor the next day. (There was no guarantee a room would be available.) We had reserved a room for 4 nights. We decided to change hotels after one. When we said we'd be leaving, our decision was not met with enthusiasm. (We dragged our bags down 4 flights.) The hotel itself IS located conveniently to public transportation and the price is certainly reasonable. That's why we'd picked it in the first place. However, the neighborhood, which is a bit rundown, is comprised of several other "reasonably priced" hotels of similar ilk, making the people in the area seem very transient and rootless. The biggest surprise was after we left. The royal baby was born in the hospital only a block away a couple of days later!! Who would have thought.

Room Tip: Don't get stuck in the basement!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lucy N
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

My brother and I stayed at St David's for five nights and I can't recommend it enough! Less than a 30sec walk to Paddington station (both tube and overground) and bus stop to Oxford St, and 5-10mins walk to Hyde Park. The area itself is so pretty and friendly, and the street is full of a number of other hotels so there's always people coming and going so we always felt safe. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and we were even lucky enough to be able to check in four hours early which was very welcome after 27hrs flying from Australia! The rooms are basic but more than adequate - very comfy beds and pillows and very hot showers with great water pressure. Ask for a room on the first or second floor - the ground shares the floor with reception and below ground with the dining room so would be noisy. I'd also recommend requesting a room facing Norfolk Square - so pretty to wake up to in the morning! The breakfast is fantastic too - you get the choice of full English (eggs, bacon, sausage, tomato, mushrooms, toast) or continental (cereal, yoghurt, croissant) along with juice, tea and coffee. You can ask for as much or as little as you like - we overheard some other guests ordering fussily like they were at a fine dining restaurant but nothing was too much trouble for the staff. St David's felt like a home away from home and will definitely visit when next in London.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I stayed there the night before I left London Paddington. The location is perfect, only 5 minutes walk and I could easily found it. But the problem was my suitcase. When I checked in, a reception staff helped me to bring them to 4th floor, and he adivised me to call the reception before check-in to help me bring my luggage down. However, when I tried to cal the reception desk ,the phone was totally out of order. I carried them by myself.
Overall, the location is good, the price is reasonable, and I'm sure you will like their breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Hotel is strategically location just about 5 mins walk from Paddington station. Hotel staffs are friendly and breakfast are just wonderful. We had a triple room which is small (asian style) but okay for one or two night stays. Bed sheets are clean and we had a room facing the street with a garden view. Bathroom is small but we managed, Overall, is a good place to stay for a short stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family