“Great Location small beds”
Review of Queensway Hotel

Queensway Hotel
Ranked #816 of 1,063 Hotels in London
california
“Great Location small beds”
Reviewed 20 September 2011

This location is super only 2 blocks from Paddington station and easy connect to all of London. The first night room they put me in (a 4 night stay) was the size of a postage stamp, room 307, no place for luggage unless you slept with it. I was moved to a larger room I was traveling solo. They expected you to use the same small bath towels your entire visit and I suspect that the bath was not cleaned every day. The price was very good and the location was the best. Beds not comfortable and the pillows were like sleeping on rocks. The photos make the rooms look much larger.

Room Tip: Avoid room 307 and guessing 207 also in the 149 address bldg, 147 is connected to 149.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Woodland1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I'd like to think I'm an easy-going person and traveller and can handle quirky hotels. But to get to my 4th floor room I needed to get off on the 3rd floor and bring myself and my suitcase up 2 additional staircases-one a bit steep.
The location in terms of Paddington (which is why I chose this location) was great. The staff were nice and the breakfast was ok but if you get assigned to the top floor, be prepared.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank TessM
Oslo
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I travelled with my 8-year old son to London as a part of a trip to UK to see a football match. We were looking for a reasonably priced one-night stay so that we could discover as much of the city as we could, even if we had very little time.

The hotel are just 2 blocks off the Paddington underground and train station, which is very practical. The area has its fair share of restaurants and shops. There's a bit of traffic noise, but keep your window closed and you're okay. From Sunday to Monday, we paid around €100 which I think is an ok price.

The hotel is a typical Basewater area tourist hotel, and due to its size I think it does have that "personal" feel to it. It's kind of basic. Staff was very helpful and friendly. When we left I forgot some items in our room and had to come back to get it - not a problem.

The room we had was fairly large, so if you stay in London for a few days and you do some shopping, you'll have good enough space for your new stuff. TV set was a bit old and not too many channels, no childrens tv which would have been good. I have also seen cleaner rooms, but it was very far from being filthy. I't okay but not more.

For that price it's good value for money and I'll consider staying there for our next London visit.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Dagers
Whanganui, New Zealand
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Great location - 4 minute walk to Paddington Station and shops; and a little longer walk to Hyde Park. Clean twin room with good shower in the ensuite. Free wireless internet a bonus. Breakfast staff were brilliant and happily toasted our gluten-free bread each morning. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms close to and on the same level as reception have good wireless connection
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Chicago
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Great location near Paddington station (lots of tube connections and direct train to Heathrow) and Hyde Park. Very friendly staff that let us check in early when we arrived at 8:30am. Very clean, quiet, nice breakfast included. I'd definitely recommend it!

Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Stayed here for 5 nights in september with my boyfriend. I don't know about the rest of the hotel but we stayed on the 4th floor and in our room(403) there was some kind of generator in the ceiling above the bed which started to make loud washingmashine-like noises every time someone in the other rooms turned on their water (during the night as well, yes). This was really annoying! The bathroom was really small as well. We stayed 5 nights and towels were not changed once. In addition it seems the cleaning was a bit poor (see picture attached).

The one good thing about the hotel was the location. It is located in a very nice area and only 2 minute walk to the tube station "Paddington" with some nice restaurants and pubs nearby.

I would definitive reccomend Paddington as an area to stay but not this hotel. If you absolutly want to stay there, stay away from noisy room 403!

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 4th floor, in particular room 403.
1 Thank MaLa85
Oslo
Reviewed 13 September 2011

When I rate this hotel as “excellent” I’ve taken the price and the hotel’s description into consideration. I get the feeling that many reviewers don’t take these factors into consideration when reviewing hotels. As reflected from both the price and the hotels description, it’s not a luxurious hotel, but it’s a great hotel if you’re looking for a basic room in nice and clean surroundings without paying too much

The room was quite small (but not claustrofobic), and was furnished with a big bed, a closet, coffee/tea maker, TV and a desk. The bathroom was also quite small, but very nice and clean. The cleaning was very good both at arrival and during the stay. We didn’t hear any sounds from outside or from other guests (we had a room at the back, it's probably more noise at the front).

Great location – 3-4 minutes walk to Paddington station (a good selection of restaurants, cafes, bars on the way there) and close to Hyde Park. Friendly staff.

I don’t understand why people complain about the breakfast. The hotel advertise with continental breakfast, and then you can’t expect a large buffet. You get coffee, tea, juice, yoghurt, croissant, toast and a selection of jam/marmelade, the breakfast staff are very nice and the surroundings are clean and hygenic. If you need a buffet or full english breakfast, there are many places close by the hotel which serve this

3 Thank Oslo28