“Good value for area in London”
Review of Queensway Hotel

Queensway Hotel
Ranked #794 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Single traveler staying 4 nights. I had reasonable expectations for hotel and they were met. I have lived in the area in years past - there are rows and rows of hotels just like this around.

Room was on 4th floor (top) and was about the size of my college dorm. But it was clean and comfortable. Breakfast options were modest, but enough to get your day started. Prices in London can be quite high, particularly for single travelers, so you sorta just have to deal with it.

The convenience of being just a few blocks from Paddington station is what sold me on this property. Fly in to Heathrow, take train straight to Paddington, drop your bags after an easy 5 minute walk to the hotel, then get to seeing the city. It gets no easier than that. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Street noise may be a problem, ask for a quieter room in the back.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Hatchetfish

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Lovely location, close to Paddington station and Hyde Park. Easy access to underground stations. We felt safe walking around in the evening. It was nice to stay and see a different part of London.
We stayed in a triple room in the basement. It was basic but very clean and furniture was modern, unlike some 3*'s I've stayed in. The breakfast was simple but more than sufficient for what we wanted. On our day of leaving, the hotel were kind enough to hold our cases until we were ready to go for the train.
My only gripe was that our room was a little too cold.
I will certainly use this hotel again next time I'm in London.

Room Tip: We were in the basement, at the front and it was fine for us.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kate C
Reviewed 6 April 2013

It is an average hotel, all the hotels located in paddington are in the same price range but this hotel is clean which is what matters to me the most. The breakfast is useless as they only serve boiled eggs and some toast. It is very central which is amazing for tourists. It is a quiet and safe neighborhood. The staff are neutral, they are not rude but also not friendly. I would stay there again just because of location.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Checked in very early (10AM) expecting to leave my luggage for later in the day. They were willing to hold it for me and instructed me to 'put it in the office'. So I lugged my 3 bags around the reception desk to put in the office where there were two other bags already and just left them sitting there. They were not put in any kind of closet, locked or not, nor was I given a receipt for my bags. Proprietors clearly felt 'letting me leave my bags' was sufficient customer service from their perspective. Have not had this experience at other small boutique hotels in Paddington area.

When i returned at 8PM bags were still waiting for me in office for me to bring to my room. No one had brought them there for me. Now I suppose this is what you pay for when you stay in one of these small inexpensive (think I paid about 80 pounds) hotels near Paddington but they also could have taken some initiative here to ensure a more pleasant stay.

More importantly, had a room facing Sussex Gardens. Noise was terrible all night, had to leave a radio channel on the TV all night to drown out the car noise. Again, have stayed at other hotels in same location facing Sussex Gardens and did not have this noise issue.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 February 2013

It is an average, slightly run down, cheap end hotel.

Caps were missing off shower taps.

Cleanliness dropped a point because I found a contact lens case between the sheet and mattress.

Shower smelt of smoke.

Comfy bed, friendly receptionist.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Robin W
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Stayed over a for a theatre break with friends rooms small and dirty walls a coat of paint woudn't go amiss. Complained of smoky room was told someone would come up they never arrived all weekend . Reception good and they let you keep your cases there till you return for a small charge ideal if you want another few hours sightseeing. Breakfast was good and a wide selection . All in all woudn't stay again unless they'd had improvements.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends