Queensway Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
  • Free Internet
All reviewshyde parkyogurtshort walk from paddington stationchoice of cerealscontinental breakfasttea coffeerestaurants and pubsrooms are smallwould stay here againgood sizecouple of nightstwin roomone night stayensuite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 4 days in June. Prices were reasonable and I really just wanted a room. Very good location with Paddington and Lancaster gate tube station an easy walk. Close to Hyde Park also.
I stayed in a single room which had zero space but was clean and comfortable. The best i got out of the shower the entire time was just warm, not hot.
I went to breakfast once, the 9:15am cutoff wasnt very jet-lag-friendly. The one time i did go I felt the staff thought i was more of a nuisance than a guest. Two staff members were actually having a conversation at the food table, with one staff member actually sitting on the edge of the table with her behind. I couldn't actually get at the cereal/milk, till she finished her conversation and moved her "posterior" off of the table. Also i saw them clean the tables. They gace a quick wipe with an old cloth and then reset the table with new knives/forks/plates - not sure how clean it really was.
Do yourself a favour, give breakfast a miss and head to paddington station or area around and get something

Positives:
Clean
fairly quiet
free wifi

Negatives:
Shower heat was poor
Single room was VERY small
breakfast extremely basic - not convinced about the cleanliness
Staff not very service oriented.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Erinday
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Location of this hotel is fantastic, only 5mins walk to Paddington train and tube station. Room size was very generous but bathroom small in comparison. The rooms facing the main road can be a bit noisy during morning peak hour. There are heaps of food options near by, we didn't have breakfast but tried all the local cafes.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kookla163
Reviewed 16 May 2013

In this area of London there are more hotels than any other institution, so the competition is high.
I was travelling on business and I needed a comfortable bed, hot water, clean sheets and towels and a good nights sleep.
No complaints - I got what I asked for and the friendly staff at breakfast made the start of my next day enjoyable!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Crustybrown
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Single traveler staying 4 nights. I had reasonable expectations for hotel and they were met. I have lived in the area in years past - there are rows and rows of hotels just like this around.

Room was on 4th floor (top) and was about the size of my college dorm. But it was clean and comfortable. Breakfast options were modest, but enough to get your day started. Prices in London can be quite high, particularly for single travelers, so you sorta just have to deal with it.

The convenience of being just a few blocks from Paddington station is what sold me on this property. Fly in to Heathrow, take train straight to Paddington, drop your bags after an easy 5 minute walk to the hotel, then get to seeing the city. It gets no easier than that. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Street noise may be a problem, ask for a quieter room in the back.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Hatchetfish
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Lovely location, close to Paddington station and Hyde Park. Easy access to underground stations. We felt safe walking around in the evening. It was nice to stay and see a different part of London.
We stayed in a triple room in the basement. It was basic but very clean and furniture was modern, unlike some 3*'s I've stayed in. The breakfast was simple but more than sufficient for what we wanted. On our day of leaving, the hotel were kind enough to hold our cases until we were ready to go for the train.
My only gripe was that our room was a little too cold.
I will certainly use this hotel again next time I'm in London.

Room Tip: We were in the basement, at the front and it was fine for us.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family