“Good value for London”

Regency Hotel - Nottingham Place
Ranked #759 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Just a 12 minute walk away from shopping at Oxford Street and with great restaurants all around. The staff is friendly and the entire hotel is clean and newly refurbished. It is fairly rare to find quality like this in this area and I would not hesitate for a second to come back – especially given the friendly prices.

My only con would be that the room is very small, but it has all the amenities needed for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 October 2013

what can you say, back street hotel near madame tussauds, expensive, poky, full english breakfast with just boiled eggs, beans, mushrooms and tomatoes. positives, it's clean. I knew what we were getting so will be fair in the score, but wouldn't stay here again if I needed more than a bed.

Room Tip: the hotel is ion two parts, one has been refurbished. Insist on that.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peterrexwhite
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I was surprised to read what "Workingman" from Littlehampton had to say about their stay this summer. The Regency must have had a facelift of late. I stayed in a comfortable room in May 2005 on my first trip overseas. I would be happy to stay there again, except that I book my hotels based on my planned activities of a trip. I'm still planning my trip next year, so haven't decided on a hotel yet. Was glad to find the Regency on TA, since I feared it had been demolished to make room for the university now in that area.

Room Tip: As a solo traveler, I've learned to ask for a double room, ensuite, as the older B&B's a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights last week and, like our previous two visits, found The Regency to offer value for money. It is in a great location, approx 10 mins walk from Baker Street Underground station and near some good restaurants and shops. Our room was in the basement (not as bad as it sounds) overlooking a small yard area but honestly this didn`t bother us as we we spent very little time in the room and did`nt want to sit looking out of the window anyway. The bedroom and bathroom were spotlessly clean. There were basic tea and coffee making facilities in the room and the bed was very comfy. We found the breakfast to be ok, although there is no `full English`. There is orange juice, choice of cereals, scrambled or boiled eggs with tomatoes and mushrooms, toast with jams and marmalade, tea and coffee.
So if you are looking for a reasonably priced, clean, B&B in a great location to use as a base for a few days and are not that bothered about a `full English` breakfast, The Regency could be for you.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Breakfastbar
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Stayed here for one night as we were going to the queens theatre Shaftesbury ave to see les miserables. What can I say the place Is brand spanking new!!!! Our room was spotless. Bathroom.... Spotless !!!!! It still smelt new!!! Carpets new!!! Paint new!!!
Big bed!!! Nice and clean!!!
Breakfast was suppose to be full english but was boiled eggs and beans with mushrooms and toast. Not what we were expecting but good all the same!!
Would we stay there again????? Yes we would if it keeps its new feeling!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2013

My room was a bit small, but everything I needed was provided. Excellent WIFI, breakfast (even English) was included in the price and staff was most friendly. Nice location with tube around the corner and some nice bars and restaurants close by. A surprise in London where hotels are so often over priced.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Stopped here just for one night for a girlie night out! Pleased to find it was only around a 10 min walk from Marlebone station as we all had our silly shoes on!! Only a few mins walk from some really lovely bars, cafes and shops and approx 10 mins from the shoppers paradise, Oxford street! Rooms were basic, but very clean and beds were comfy! An iron, hair dryer and tea and coffee facilities also in the room. We had the family room with 2 singles and a double in.
The breakfast included was lovely although the chef forgot about mine for a whole half an hour and my friends had eaten theirs before mine came out! Good job it ended being worth the wait! Waitress was very apologetic, and she was very friendly and helpful!
All in all a great weekend!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends