“Lovely hotel in a great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rhodes Hotel

Rhodes Hotel
Ranked #300 of 1,088 Hotels in London
“Lovely hotel in a great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Rhodes Hotel made my short trip very comfy with its lovely and helpful staff, great location and clean, cosy rooms. Nothing luxurious or anything, but the rooms had everything you would need in a hotel room, plus fresh milk in the fridge=) The staff and even the owner help you with any questions you ask with a smiling face. The location was close to underground and Hyde Park and also there are several shops and restaurants in the area. It is a place I will call next time I come to London..

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank mervemah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chur, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

The Rhodes is located close to Paddington station with fast connection to Heathrow (Heathrow Express) and Downtown (tube). Our room was small but OK. Situated to the inner courtyard it was very quiet. The Breakfast-room is quite small as well and caused some waiting time. Small and simple hotel. Perfect base to discover London.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

A single room with en suite, excellent location, very clean and comfortable, and the staff are the best; professional, friendly and helpful. Over and above price was great value for money. Certainly will recommend this hotel for travelers looking for the practical deal (not luxury but has all facilities, very clean and good price)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I recently stayed at the Rhodes for the second time. As before my accommodations were clean and comfortable. I also enjoy the attention to detail, and the wonderful English breakfast.

The Rhodes has a family feel and is a family owned operation. While I enjoy the accommodations I must say that is not what sets the Rhodes apart. It is the willingness to be helpful, no matter what the request. Whether arranging transportation or accommodating special requests, the people at Rhodes always go the extra mile.

A case in point, on my last visit I purchased an antique item in Oxford to take back to the US with me. On my departure day I stopped into a convenience store and made a purchase on my way to Paddington station to catch a train to Heathrow. As the train departed I realized I had left the item, an antique shooting/sitting/walking stick at the convenience store. There were two such stores near each other and I was not sure which I had been in. I called each of the stores but was unable to speak with anyone who may have found the left behind item.

I was ready to resign myself to having lost the item. After thinking again abut the Rhodes I contacted Chris there by email and asked if someone could perhaps check with the store(s) to see if the item had been found. After two attempts Chris advised that nobody at either store said they had found it. However, the Rhodes made a third attempt and the item was found and retrieved. I offered to Chris to compensate for the time and trouble gone to and was told that covering the shipping would be more than adequate. A nice gesture for sure considering the time and trouble they had gone to to fix my forgetfullness. Then, when shipped Chris's wife had rethought the packaging and reduced the shipping cost significantly. So, now I not only have the antique item, I also have an story on how it was impossibly lost by me, and then diligently retrieved for me by the Rhodes.

Bottom line, if the Rhodes had only provided their comfortable accommodations at a reasonable price, that is more than enough for me to stay there each time I travel to London for business and recommend the same. However, it is this extra mile help, that they did not have to give, that makes this one of the most accommodating hotels I have ever stayed at.

Thank you to Chris, Ms. Chris and everyone at the Rhodes.
Randy

Room Tip: Both times at the Rhodes my room was clean and comfortable so I have no real preference on room loca...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

I booked the hotel to stay overnight for a big exam. Reached the hotel around 10 pm. And was walked around by the very friendly night manager to my room which was in another building closeby. First thoughts when he led me up 4 flights of narrrow stairs was Oh My God!!!!
He opened the door to a small room which was boiling. The bed was a double bed and there was a TV. The toilet and shower were ensuite.
I however noticed that the room and utilities were exceptionally clean and the blue LED lights in the shower (which was very powerful and refreshing) were a nice touch. The bed was very comfortable and the air conditioning soon cooled the room down and maintained a very comfortable temperature throughout the night for a very restful sleep. The tea making facilities were very good and the room had a small refrigerator as well. Also the night manager brought me an iron and an ironing board in the morning within 10 mins of asking. For the price I was paying in central London I could not ask for more as the breakfast was also included which I did not have as you can guess because of the butterflies in my stomach before a big exam.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Adam N
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

This is the 2nd time we stay at the Rhodes hotel and we enjoyed our stay very much. The hotel is situated close to the Padington station which makes it very easy to reach any place via the underground and also very convenient to get from and to Heathrew via Heathrew Express.

The rooms are not big, but are clean and comfy. Breakfast is nice and the owners (Mr. and Mrs Crias) are extremely friendly and helpful.

Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is a well-managed hotel, conveniently located near Paddington Station (five minutes' walk). The staff are helpful and friendly and the accommodations are good. The rooms are comfortable with excellent en-suite facilities. Breakfast room is a bit cramped but the staff are very cheerful and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear of the hotel are very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends