Rhodes Hotel
US$215
US$188
galahotels.com
1,514 results
All reviewspaddington stationhyde parkannex buildingheathrow expresssussex gardensyogurtno liftbreakfast roomjacuzzi baththe main hotelflights of stairsenglish breakfasttop floortriple roomsmall fridgefamily roomtube lines
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband, Granddaughter (18 yrs) and I were very pleased with the room (214 )we shared. Comfortable air conditioning, TV, closet, space, modern bathroom and refrigerator all added to the hospitality we felt. Breakfast was filling and plentiful. The owners, Mr. and Mrs. Crias and entire staff were extremely accommodating and helpful. Nearby underground access and local good restaurants were an additional benefit.

Room Tip: Choose a low floor since there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 29 July 2014

It's hard to find a good hotel in London because they're either very expensive or tend to do things hotels wouldn't get away with in other cities. For example, the "free" breakfast is only partially free. You can have a few basic things for free, including what seems to be white bread shaped into a croissant, but if you want an actual breakfast you have to pay extra. I found this so ridiculous, especially considering the free food is so inadequate, that I ate elsewhere.

One up side is that the hotel is well located and you can easily walk to the Paddington or Lancaster Gate subway stations. Our room was also overall fine in terms of size (considering it is London) and cleanliness.

One down side is that the room was very noisy and it was pretty much impossible to sleep in. We were put in the basement (despite requesting otherwise, but I guess there are only so many rooms for 3 people) and there is very little noise insulation for the room. This was especially problematic during breakfast when we would hear talking and the sounds of utensils on dishes, screaming children...

Room Tip: Don't stay in the basement unless you enjoy waking up when breakfast begins.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DirkStrongguy
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This passed my expectations for GBP75 per night in summer. I stayed in the section around the corner and was happy with pretty well everything. Room was smallish (bigger than some I have stayed in around that area) but newly renovated so all good. breakfast was fine and location great for a run in Hyde PArk or access to trains. the manager on duty was also very good and helpful. Will stay again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent 2 nights at this charming hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a double room with balcony and a "jacuzzi" bathtub. The room was spotless and we got clean towels and a quick room brush-up the second day. Breakfast was plenty but the diner maybe a bit small. Bear in mind, there is no lift or disabled access to upper rooms. Overall we were very satisfied with the service we received!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights on my trip to london. The best thing about this hotel is the location: 5 minutes to lancaster gate station They gave me a room in the main building. The room was very small and old, quite noisy during the night since the window was old wooden style. The bathroom was very very tiny but new. Breakfast was included. I really don't know if I would go back to this hotel...maybe if I will not find anything else available in london

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business