“Did not enjoy”

Ranked #16,611 of 22,692 Restaurants in London
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Did not enjoy”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Came here on a weekday night and it was not too busy.

We ordered some buffalo BBQ wings and it was £3.99 for 3 wings!
I had a steak and my boyfriend ordered a burger. It was not amazing, it didnt make me say wow i love this food. overpriced and overrated to say at the least.

The white chocolate kinder bueno milkshake was delicious though!

Probably won't visit again by choice.

• Visited April 2014
Tinseltown_UK, Public Relations Manager at Tinseltown Hampstead, responded to this review, 23 December 2014
Hi Lindsey,

Thanks for reviewing Tinseltown Hampstead. We're very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit with us.

If you would like to give us some more feedback on how you think we could improve, please email us on feedback@tinseltown.co.uk.

Luton, United Kingdom
“Interesting”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

After reading bad reviews I was a bit sceptical about going.
Me and my son arrived at 11.55 which was a little early.they opened on time and we were seated straight away.the staff were very attentive and quick.we both ordered an ambassador milkshake which I must say was the BEST milkshake I have ever tasted.(costs £4.95 each)
I ordered a chilli dog with chips and dip.the chilli dog was huge!it wasn't the best as there was no chilli flavour to it and was very bland.so left most(cost £6)
My son ordered the challenge burger which was 20oz of beef and cheese with chips,beans and buffalo wings(cost £12.99)
The burger was massive and he couldn't eat it all,so lost the challenge..lolz
The place filled up very quickly with customers as by the time we left nearly all the seats were full.the only real criticisms are the music tv kept cutting out so got on our nerves slightly and the toilets were in a bad way needing a lot of maintenance and heating as were unbelievably freezing.

• Visited March 2014
Hi,

Thanks for reviewing Tinseltown Hampstead.

We are glad to hear that you receive fast and attentive service from our staff. I have passed on your feedback about the Chilli Dog to the management team.

As you have noted, we have different atmospheres in our various branches and as Hampstead is our smallest branch, it can get very busy.

Tinseltown Team
“Really crowded and loud, but nice food”
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

I came here for dinner on a saturday evening with a friend. We did not book a table, so we had to wait for 20 minutes (not surprisingly). I did not mind the waiting, but there wasn't really any space for us to wait, so we had to stand by the entrance. Also, the place was really noisy, I could barely have a normal conversation with my friend, but maybe this might not be the place to go to have a nice and quiet dinner.

As soon as we got a table and ordered, the burger and milkshake were served really fast. The burger was nice, but the kinder bueno milkshake was a-ma-zing! The staff was nice and helpful as well. All in all I have to say that when you're looking for a fast bite to eat, not minding a lot of noise, this is the place to be. There are other places serving better burgers in the same price range. Next time I would just have a milkshake to go.

Hi,

Thanks for reviewing Tinseltown Hampstead. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your burger and shake. As you have noted, we have different atmospheres in our various branches and as Hampstead is our smallest branch, it can get very busy on the weekend.

We're sorry to hear that you won't be returning for our food but we are glad that you loved our Kinder Beuno Milkshake!

London, United Kingdom
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

After going to the tinsletown on bayswater, despite the food being nice, I didn't think to highly of the place. It was so cramped!
However, having just been to the restaurant in Ealing I'm not then impressed. Staff were both friendly and attentive, the food came promptly and tastes great. The milkshake was out of this world !!
The shop was clean ( which you expect from any place serving food but you'll be surprised with some places) it was spacious, tables are the perfect distance away from one another.
Tinsletown offer you the double v. They offer variety and value.

• Visited January 2014
West Byfleet, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Customer service ? None.”
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Came into London with the girls wanting to explore different restaurants. I had read on the website that it was the 'best diner in London' only to find out that their customer service was abysmal. Not only that but the food was a tremendous let down : cold, bland and unsatisfactory. We waited 25 minutes just to receive a drink order. Once receiving both food and drink after a huge amount of time we had to wait another 30 minutes for our plates to get cleared away. The servers were emotionless and made you feel uncomfortable whenever you needed to order something. Further more, the toilets were disgraceful - I wouldn't let my pet rat anywhere near them.
I am so disgusted by the service I have received here, that I decided to write this review on my phone whilst waiting for my desert. NEVER GO HERE. EVER!

1 Thank Lucindabutler1