“Disappointing room”

The Queen's Gate Hotel
Ranked #374 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel is very central and the staff on the door and reception were very polite. The only downside was that we were put in a basement Room. Was very dingy and we felt very claustrophobic and couldn't wait to get up and leave and see some natural light.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
TheQueensGateHotel, Front Office Manager at The Queen's Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Debbier R,

Thank you very much for your comments about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate your review and your honest feedback.

I am very pleased to learn that you appreciated the quality of the hotel staff. We are very proud of our staff at The Queen's Gate Hotel and it is always pleasing to receive such wonderful comments as yours. We constantly try to improve the quality of our service and it is always rewarding to hear that these efforts are noticed. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team and that their services are duly recognized.

I am very sorry that the room you were allocated did not meet your standards. The rooms on the lower ground floor are often much larger than the ones on the upper floors and they all have access to daylight. However, our reception staff are always happy to offer an alternative one should the guests decide to change the room. In future, if you decide to stay with us, please feel free to contact our reception/management at any time should you not find your room satisfactory.

All in all, we are extremely thankful for your positive comments, as well as your constructive feedback.

We would be grateful to get another chance to welcome you and your partner again to prove our high standards of hospitality.

Assistant Manager
The Queen's Gate Hotel****

Write a ReviewReviews (1,029)

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I chose this hotel because of its location- my party and I have very hectic lives and wanted a nice quiet location to relax and enjoy a good night's sleep. We were never informed that there were building works literally next door which was also directly outside our window. I complained and did get a discounted rate (quite reluctantly) but I would rather have been informed so I could pay the same amount at another hotel and not get woken up at 8am.
Our relaxing break was not so relaxing, which was a shame as the hotel is lovely.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
TheQueensGateHotel, Front Office Manager at The Queen's Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Lucy R,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your recent stay at The Queen's Gate Hotel.

While I am very pleased to read that you appreciated the hotel and your overall stay with us, I recognize that certain aspects of your visit left something to be desired. I would like to deeply apologize for the disturbing noises which made it so difficult for you to rest in the morning. I do understand how distressing it must have been and I do wish we could have done something more to prevent it from happening.

For operational reasons, we are unable to inform in advance about any works occurring in the neighbourhood, as the works take place on random days and they hardly ever cause any interruptions to functioning of the hotel. I am very sorry that your stay was affected so much by this issue and I am glad that the colleague who responded to your complaint reacted adequately and correctly in this situation.

I will certainly submit your suggestions to the hotel management for consideration and hopefully this issue will not appear again.

Please be assured that your experience is not representative of our usual standards of service here at The Queen’s Gate Hotel. I do hope that you will reconsider and return to our hotel as I am sure that you will find the service to be much improved.

Assistant Manager
The Queen's Gate Hotel****

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel. It is in a great position and within walking distance of V and A, space museum, natural history museum and kensington gardens. There are many cafés around the corner on Gloucester road. I found the staff to ce polite and professional and the standard of cleanliness is very high.

Room Tip: We stayed on 5floor so we had a lovely view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed with my two teenaged kids and the room for three was huge, clean and in a nice location. But the interior was quite cold and empty. The beds were not really comfortable and for me to soft. In the bath they were small things partly broken, like shower or water tap (maybe it is just the British way). But in all the hotel was good and we had a nice stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank meybo
TheQueensGateHotel, Front Office Manager at The Queen's Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Meybo,

Thank you for taking your time to comment on your recent stay. We are thankful for your positive comments as well as your constructive feedback.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We intend to provide our customers with the best service we can offer and I am thrilled to learn that our hard work has been noticed.

I would like to sincerely apologize for any faults that you encountered during your stay with us. We have taken your comments very seriously and I will address the issues with the relevant departments in order to implement positive changes.

We hope you had a save journey home and we would be glad to get another chance to convince you entirely of our service quality.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Great location. Very close to the tube. The service was very good and they were always willing to help. Breakfast was very good. The rooms were clean and neat. The wi-fi worked really well in the room, which is a plus.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Great location, just a few blocks from the tube. There are plenty of restaurants, cafes and a grocery store within walking distance. The rooms were clean & comfortable. We had a triple room and felt that we had plenty of space. There was also a fridge in the room so that was a bonus. The wifi was a bit spotty. The only real negative was trying to get to the train station the morning of our departure. The front desk offered a car service that was going to charge us sixty pounds to go to Kings Cross. We decided to try our luck with a taxi who charged us only 18. So I would suggest if you are going to need car transportation to one of the train stations or airports it would be best not to go with the car service. Other than that, no complaints. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 April 2014

3 adults had triple room and very spacious. great terrace and bar on first floor. Windows open so when weather permits nice for fresh air. A/C was fine and internet free for 30 minutes daily. breakfast buffet pricy but quality fine. The location is what is tremendous. Four blocks to Gloucester tube. Very small tube station but so easy to navigate - unlike Victoria for example. This neighborhood is full of restaurants within a few blocks. One block to entrance of Hyde Park and Kensington Palace. Modern furnishings. Walking distance to Sloane Square or Bond/Oxford for shopping.

Room Tip: tapas in bar area when restaurant closed
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family