The Queen's Gate Hotel
    • Bar/Lounge
    • Breakfast included
    • Bar/Lounge
    1,075 results
    All reviewsalbert hallhyde parkthe natural history museumgloucester roadimperial collegetriple roomnice hotelminute walkkensington gardensbooked this hotelperfect locationbeds were very comfortablesmall bathroomlondon hotelfamily roomhotel barbuffet breakfast
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed for one night for a show in the Royal Albert Hall, wouldn't go back. Rooms are ok, quite average and one smelled really damp when we walked in. Breakfast was the worst I've ever had, powered scrambled eggs, no fresh coffee, all from a machine. Considering the price we paid to stay here (£220 each), it was a complete rip off. Staff didn't seem to care when we mentioned all this at check out either!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
    1  Thank Newbie2787
    Reviewed 12 July 2014

This property is well located, close to restaurants and shopping, and to two Underground stations.

We had two rooms - one for us, one for the kids. Our room was especially small, particularly the bathroom. Our room had the equivalent of a queen sized bed which took up most of the space in the room. The bathroom was arranged in a way that made it almost impossible to use the toilet! We resorted to going to the kids' room! The shower requires a huge step up to get in - not easily accessible for some. Our kids liked to come in and hang out with us before bed each night, and it was nearly impossible to get 4 people in the room! Their room, with two twin beds, had far more room than ours. It is a strangely divided hotel - some huge rooms, some so small you can hardly move.

That said, the room was clean, had air conditioning, it was quiet, the WiFi worked great, and the front desk staff was helpful. Our air conditioner worked great but leaked water the whole time - and seems to have been doing so for some time. The floors are laminate, so the water has buckled the floor around the air conditioner.

Breakfast was pretty good - big spread. The fresh squeezed orange juice machine was a highlight! We ordered room service one night, and although it took a very long time to arrive, the food was good. We did hang out at the bar one night and the service was great.

This is a good hotel - not the best, but certainly not the worst. The whole property could use an update, but our room was clean and I wouldn't have a problem staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a large room - you'll be glad you did!
    • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
    1  Thank StChasPartyOf4
    TheQueensGateHotel, Front Office Manager at The Queen's Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear StChasPartyOf4

Thank you very much for taking your time to comment on your recent stay with us.

We could not be happier to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much, although the room you were assigned may not be entirely satisfactory to you.

We are located in an old residential Victorian building and some of the rooms may be slightly smaller than others. However, our receptionists are more that happy to allocate a different room if the one originally given does not meet our guests' expectations. We do not have any information in reception in regards to your stay and I wish we had been able to make your stay a little more comfortable.

The satisfaction of our guests is our highest priority and your feedback is most appreciated. we are very proud of the service we offer to our clients and I will certainly pass your comments to all our staff.

We would be very happy to welcome you again at the hotel. Please contact us directly for rates and availability.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 July 2014

What I needed was a hotel close enough to the V&A Museum, the tube station, Hyde Park and Harrods. Without spending a fortune, The Queen`s Gate Hotel was the perfect choice. What makes the location even better is the fact that the area is really quiet (our room window overlooked the back street behind the hotel). So why my rating is not the highest? The hotel has no proper restaurant, just a bar (which was fine, with a decent choice of drinks and snacks). A few times I had to wait quite a long time to be served. I actually had to go to the reception desk to ask if I there was anybody working at the bar or the place was self-service. In the neighbourhood there is no interesting place to have a meal. Breakfast was ok. Nothing special, just basic food. The coffee was tasty, freshly squeezed orange juice was available, a choice of fresh fruit, cold meats, eggs, cereal etc.
    The bathroom is rather small with basic amenities. No bathrobe and slippers provided. There is no alcohol in the minibar. But tea/coffee making facilities were available. We were given two complimentary bottles of water on the first day and that was it. If I stayed in the hotel in a colder season, I wouldn`t be able to hang a coat. The wardrobe is small. You can make it bigger if you take the ironing board out (+ an iron are provided). The room is big enough with a comfortable bed and extra pillows. Clean. The internet worked very well and the airconditioning was really quiet. I like the interior. Looks as shown in the pictures on the hotel`s website.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
    TheQueensGateHotel, Front Office Manager at The Queen's Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear MartiniWarsaw,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write your feedback on your recent stay at The Queen’s Gate Hotel.
    We are absolutely delighted you have had a pleasant stay and felt that we made your time with us a memorable one.
    Indeed, our location, just steps from Royal Albert Hall, Hyde Park and the museums, is one of our strongest points and we are certain that it can appeal to even the most demanding of our customers.

I am equally pleased that you found your room to be spotless clean and spacious. I regret to learn that you found the wardrobe to be smaller that expected. Our rooms have all different layouts and sizes and some of them may seem bigger than the other. Our reception staff are always happy to change the room, if an alternative is available.

Thank you once more I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 23 June 2014

No-one to greet you or help you up the the front steps with the bags even though the two reception staff had no one at the desk that they were dealing with.
    They advertise free WIFI and that's because it doesn't work!
    Some very quirky things to deal with. We were taken to a twin room when we had booked a double then when they finally agreed it was their mistake we had to change rooms with little help.There was only one towel in bathroom.When I rang reception I was asked had I looked in the cupboard which is apparently where they sometimes keep the second towel!
    We unpacked then discovered there was no WIFI As it was 1100 pm we could do little about it. Next day they offered to move us again however I had checked with other guests and been told their a WIFI was also very poor so we didn't bother.
    Obviously location of hotel is lovely and staff were friendly
    I guess you can't expect perfection!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank GailSTivano
    TheQueensGateHotel, Front Office Manager at The Queen's Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear GailSTivano,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your recent stay at The Queen's Gate Hotel.

I am pleased to read that you appreciated the friendliness of our staff and the overall quality of your stay. I do recognize however that there were some issues during your visit that need to be dealt with by us internally.

I am very disappointed to hear that you encountered so many problems with your room. Our receptionists are always happy to provide an alternative accommodation, should the room originally assigned did not meet guests' expectations. I am glad that it was so in your case, however I wish more could have been done to make the check in process smoother.

I am very sorry that the porter on site did not offer the required help with luggage. I have spoken with my colleagues present on duty that day and I can assure you that appropriate actions have been taken to avoid such issues in the future.
    We do indeed keep a spare set of towels and an extra pillow in each wardrobe, as they are not always required by the guests.

I greatly regret that your stay with us coincided with a major internet issue which took place in the hotel. The Wi Fi provider was notified as soon as the fault was reported and I trust they did their best to solve the problem as soon as it was possible. It took more than a day to repair the faults and I do apologize for any disruptions the situation may have caused you. Unfortunately, faults do happen from time to time and we feel like in the occurring circumstances we acted accordingly.

I do hope that you will reconsider and return to The Queen's Gate Hotel as I am sure that you will find the service to be much improved.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Very convenient location (ca. 7 minutes walking to tube station), quite nice interior.

The standard room is quite spacious, with good bed and quite air conditioning. The bathroom is not that spacious, some of the facitlities need cleaning/replacement (solid shower curtain, for example).
    There are EU power sockets in the room - so you do not need to use adaptors all the time.

The bar is not too big, with several choices of beers (only 1 English beer :-( ) and stronger alcohols; sometimes the staff is not there - you need to ask reception crew for support.

Breakfast is quite good - full English breakfast available, with some cold cuts, fresh fruit and orange juice squeezing machine.

Room Tip: Rooms with "starting"numbers (e.g. 301) may be located between elevators, which can be heard.
    • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Warsaw_Mario,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Queen’s Gate Hotel with other guests as well as your wonderful comments.

We could not be happier to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. The satisfaction of our guests has always been our number one priority and there is nothing more gratifying than to hear that our hard work has been noticed.

Our location is certainly a bonus and it makes everyone’s stay with us special. Even the fussiest ones will surely find a place to enjoy in The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. I am equally thrilled to know that you found the hotel to be lovely and cozy, and made you feel at home.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future. Please contact us directly for the best rates and availability.

Yours sincerely,