“good value for money”

Comfort Inn Hyde Park
Ranked #536 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Stayed in this hotel for one night in November 2013. It is a basic hotel in keeping with what you would expect for the price. I stayed in a 3 person room with one double bed and a single bed. Not huge but adequate size and certainly big enough for 3 ladies to get ready for a night out ! The beds were comfortable, there was tea and coffee facilities and the bathroom was clean and nicely decorated.

Breakfast was continental but plenty of it. Good location for visiting hyde park which is a lovely place. The winter wonderland theme was on which is lovely. I would certainly recommend this hotel but if its luxury your after then stay away !

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Hilary M

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Just arrived back from my stay at the comfort inn Hyde park and found the hotel excellent value for money. Rooms are small but is exactly what you need for a short stay. Also was tidy, clean and modern. (Shower was powerful which was great) the staff was very helpful! The breakfast in the morning was also nice. Overall I would defiantly recommend this hotel and would return to it in the future

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank shaun s
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

I am a bit of a world traveller, so I've stayed at both superb and shady places. I decided to take my wife to see what I've seen, including a trip to London. This hotel looked good from reviews and a price perspective. It's not, don't let the fools before me convince you. In between the cramped living quarters, dirt, grime, flickering electricity, towels with lipstick on them, loud street noise, beds with hair on them, and the physical inability for someone over 6 foot to use the toilet, I can say for sure this is the worst hotel I've been at, only because it promises so much and delivers so little. To be fair, staff is friendly, but maybe if they got mean with their cleaning services I wouldn't be as disgusted as I am now.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Nathan H
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This is one of the worst hotels I ever stayed and for £90 I expect to have at least heating on a cold night. I arrived at the hotel tired and cold and as soon as I entered my room I noticed it wasn't very warm. There were no heaters or radiators just an old and damaged air conditioning unit that was blowing cold air. I left the unit working at maximum temperature for 1 hour and my room was still cold. As a last resort I had to use the bathroom towels on top of my duvet to get warn. The room was scruffy, dirty and overall in need of modernization.Service was also not up to standards. The person who took my details delayed me in reception for 30 minutes. Really? Thirty minutes to give me a key?

I can only recommend that you search for another hotel even if its more expensive than this one. They are a disgrace!

Room Tip: Try and find another place to stay.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank dimitriTr
Reviewed 1 December 2013

It's obvious that this is a budget hotel - the tiny reception, the small rooms, the serve-yourself continental breakfast - but it's perfectly OK. It's a hop, skip and a jump away from Bayswater tube station, and across the road from Hyde Park. It's clean and comfortable. And the staff are charming - welcoming, friendly and helpful. I have stayed in more lavish hotels, certainly, but they are more expensive and I had no complaints about the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jane M
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Before taking a trans atlantic cruise this past Oct. we stayed at the Comfort Inn Hyde Park in London. Even though small, it was quit comfortable and met our needs for our short stay. Staff very friendly and helpful and price was good. Would stay there again in we went back.

Room Tip: Lot of Luggage use the "lift"
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank DebK01
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The hotel location is wonderful. It's 1/2 a block from the Hop On Hop Off Bus stop and across the street from Hyde Park.The breakfast is perfectly adequate and we used the breakfast room in the evening to eat our supper which we'd purchased elsewhere. I like the ability to make tea either in our room, the lobby or the breakfast room at any time. Our room was small but certainly had all the space we needed.

Room Tip: I'm thinking that they have many different types of rooms in the hotel as ours was small but not...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple