“Advertised as Large Room would like to see a small one”

Comfort Inn Hyde Park
Ranked #506 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Advertised as Large Room would like to see a small one”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

I have just spent 3 days in London with my daughter for our birthdays. It was for us to go to see a show, some sights and just have time together. We booked a room with a Queen bed under the illusion it was a large room. I also suffer from claustrophobia and with this in mind I paid the extra. We were so disappointed with the size of the bed and the room. If that is a large room I would love to see a small one. I always thought a Queen Bed was a bed in between a king size and a double. But it wasn't it was a double bed with a double mattress. I questioned the bad at reception and the answer I got was yes it was queen bed. His face said it all when I asked how sure he was that the bed was not bigger than a double.
Our second disappointment was the continental breakfast. The choices were ok but not brilliant. No continental meats, bread rolls or danish pastries. Croissants were either soggy or stale tasting. Be prepared for a long wait for toast only one toaster with 4 slices at a time. You have to wait and wait and waiy for it just to tinge the surface.
On the plus side the staff are very friendly and do all they can for you. The room was clean and reasonable decor. The bathroom was extremely clean something I always check on arrival. Easy access to the tube which was very important for us. If the rooms had been bigger we would use again but if this is a large room sorry but I won't pay extra for a small room.

Room Tip: If you need a large room specify that is what you want.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Elaine N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Cardiff
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I found this hotel on Expedia offering a room for £69, incl continental breakfast - very cheap! Part of the Comfort Inn chain of 3* hotels. I booked a single, but was allocated a double with standard size double bed (ie a bit smaller than most people used to for a couple). The room was small, but had aircon/heat system, decent ensuite with shower. Linen clean; bed was, for me, comfortable - reasonably firm. Free in-room WiFi, and bottled water. Breakfast was help-yourself, with cereals, fruit, juices as well as rolls etc. Safe in room, but too small for a laptop. There is a train line behind the hotel, with trains going regularly until late at night and starting early in the morning. I always take earplugs with me when staying away from home - I did need them. At this price, if I just need a bed for the night, I would return, but not if I was staying more than one night or needed to use the room by day.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

First we stayed in October 2012 for 5 nights the room was cramped and Tiny the bed had no cushion in a mattress you sit on it and it went down all the way hard as a rock the floor in the bathroom was built at an angle and its slopes when you're trying to stand up the sink you can't even brush your teeth without your head hitting the mirror it's about 6 inches deep ridiculous the phone never work the whole time we were there. Even after talking to the management everyday about the situation also the Internet is separate for each floor our floor never worked I'd have to go out in the hall to get internet service from the floor above or below us. The shower in our room that holds a shower head on the flexible one was broken so you had to hold the shower with your hand the whole entire time you were in there . Came back a couple weeks ago January 2014 with some family knowing the area now we thought we'd give it one more chance for them to correct anything that was wrong once again same story hairdryers did not work in our room or our friends all they would tell sis I'll let the owner know I'll let the owner know it was never fix the whole time we were there we had to get the maid to open up an empty room so my wife to dry her hair and her sister totally ridiculous and for the price its not a bargain will never stay there or recommend this place again also the heat and air conditioning system controls are so complicated and I'm a techy person to try to get it to work correctly and it never did .

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Scpoolman
Guiyang, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

the room condition was terrible. cold wind leaked in from the window and i had to use the pillows to block it.

also, during my 6 days stay, there were 3 days the hotel didnt have hot water supply, i asked the hotel staff god knows how many time when the water would be fixed, they always say very soon but it never did.

when we check out, the hotel manager promised to solve this problem via mail, but later on he never sends me a single mail.

i was disappointed about this hotel not becos of the room condition or what so ever, it was how the hotel staff act when emergency happened. i could say that they do not have any sense of responsibility and what they did was just to disposing their customer.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Wen F
vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

The hotel is within touristic area but in a quiet street. Smiling staff with daily complimentary bottled water added to the value. For 60 pounds a night I will not complain about the size of room due to its location is very accessible to public transportation like bus and underground train.

Room Tip: for a big guy never attempt to book small double room as it is really tiny and hard to move around
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank christianyvr
Langley City, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

We were on a two week vacation in England with our last stop in London before we boarded a Trans Atlantic cruise home.
I booked well in advance and got a large sized room (everything in England is miniature compared to North America... be prepared for that.) It also had an elevator. It was reasonably priced accommodation for London and handy to the Hop on Hop off bus tour, buses and the tube. Very friendly and helpful front desk. Hotel was very clean, nice breakfast in the morning, sure beat buying it separately. The area felt safe. We thought we'd walk through Hyde park but it was much, much bigger than we expected and relied on hop on hop off bus (two days for the price of one) We walked to Kensington Palace and toured that. LOVED the London Eye and walked the south bank of the Thames to the London Tower bridge. Awesome holiday.

Room Tip: We had an extra large with a queen sized bed. The regular rooms are really tiny. This one was smal...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nuwife
Wallasey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

Stayed in this hotel for one night in November 2013. It is a basic hotel in keeping with what you would expect for the price. I stayed in a 3 person room with one double bed and a single bed. Not huge but adequate size and certainly big enough for 3 ladies to get ready for a night out ! The beds were comfortable, there was tea and coffee facilities and the bathroom was clean and nicely decorated.

Breakfast was continental but plenty of it. Good location for visiting hyde park which is a lovely place. The winter wonderland theme was on which is lovely. I would certainly recommend this hotel but if its luxury your after then stay away !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business