“not worth the money.”

Comfort Inn Hyde Park
Ranked #520 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I booked a Larger Queen Room with my Choice Hotels points from November 14th-17th at the Comfort Inn Hyde Park. It stated in the reservation that this would be a larger room. I have already stayed at the hotel in the same room category in 2012. The room i was given this time was much smaller. I told the staff several times and despite the evidence in the reservation, this point was not acknowledged by your staff until the third day. Switching to another room at this point was useless.
All of the rooms on the fifth floor are smaller than the other rooms in other floors and should be offered at a lower rate. This is even stated by several persons in reviews on Trip Advisor.
The breakfast was barely adequate. When I stayed in 2012 it was much better. The only good point with this hotel is the location near Hyde park. Find an alternative if you can.

Room Tip: Do not choose rooms on the fifth floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Hyde Park

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel as it represented excellent value for money bearing in mind it coincided with the London marathon. It is our first visit at a Comfort inn as we normally stay at the Travelodge in Covent Garden which is excellent value although doesn't include breakfast. Our room was tiny as was the bed which was not suitable for 2 adults and the bed was rock hard, hence we had a very bad nights sleep. On the positive side, the location was good and the staff were excellent as was the breakfast offering. Would only stay again if we could be sure of a decent room with a comfortable bed.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My wife booked this hotel for a night for our recent visit with son for his DoE presentation. It is reasonably close to Queensway underground (out of station onto main road turn left about 5/10 minute walk). Staff were fine and our room 101 (and maybe it should be in room 101...) was right at the top of the stairs. There is a small lift up, but we just went up the quite shallow stairs. Now the room, standard set up, tea & coffee, LCD tele with limited freeview on the wall, clothe storage area between the bedroom and bathroom. Bathroom a little cramped, cannot get two people in there comfortably. Biggest gripe was that in my opinion the room was too small to squeeze two beds into the room. Don't get me wrong, room was comfortable, but not really suitable for three people. Breakfast was in the basement, very much a self serve, nothing special, hot drinks out of a machine and packaged, processed juices but OK. Cereals and toast available with some fruit.
All in all, clean, good location, but the cramped accommodation spoilt the hotel and not certain worth £130, so reduces it from a possible 4 to the above 3 score.

Room Tip: I did not hear it, but my wife was convinced she could hear the underground trains that likely do ru...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tricky273
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Thinking (mistakenly) that's my son's Duke of Edinburgh award ceremony was at Kensington Palace (actually at St James' Palace!!) I searched online for a triple room at a reasonable price. The Comfort Inn was £130 which for London was a great price.
The place is close to the tube station (more about that later) and ideally located. Staff at check in were pleasant. Our room (101) was clean with a well equipped shower room but VERY small, there was just enough room for a double and single bed. There was a flat screen TV mounted on the wall as there was nowhere to put it! and the usual tea/coffee facilities, hairdryer etc.
The beds were clean and comfortable but I could hear the trains throughout the night so sleep quality was not good. The room had no view and had some kind of film on the window so you couldn't see anything...I believe it was other walls.
Breakfast (included in the price) was continental and perfectly adequate.
We were able to leave our case until 5pm on the day of checkout.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 March 2014

myself and my husband stayed here for just one night, when we booked i was a little apprehensive as at £80 per room per night with free continental breakfast and opposite hyde park it seemed really cheap, and to good to be true!!! however on arrival we were able to check in an hour early as our room was ready, we were then shown to our double room which was perfect, spotlessly clean with a lovely shower room, towels hairdryer tv tea and coffee were were in the room,
in the morning we went for breakfast which was simple but set us up for morning until lunch, there was a selection of toast, croissants and jams/marmalade, fruit yoghurts and cheese, along with tea coffee, cappucino, latte hotchocolate, and fruit juices.
the location was fabulous literally 50 yards from queensway tube station and across the road from hyde park. after several stays in london this was the cheapest and by far the best all rounder.
and amazingly you are allowed to leave your luggage in the hotel until 5pm on your check out day, leaving you to enjoy your final day in london without dragging your luggage around with you,
have booked here for next year already,

Room Tip: we booked a 'small' double, and yes it was on the small size but it was plenty big enough fo...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank natasha g
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Let me start by saying that every member of staff that I met was incredibly friendly and helpful. That's always nice at the end of a long day of travelling.

I knew about the size of the room when I booked, and it was just me on my own staying for one night so it wasn't an issue. Those complaining about space have obviously never stayed at one of the easyjet hotels dotted around London! I actually found it to be cozy and clean with a modern looking bathroom. Small but again, fine for just me.

The location is fantastic too. Tube station very close and I felt safe walking to the hotel when I got there late at night.

I had a few problems, which were the only reasons why I didn't score the hotel higher. The bed was horrendous. Felt like I was sleeping on the floor. I've travelled a fair bit and stayed in some 'orrible places, but as I have a sore shoulder a hard, uncomfortable bed is unforgivable in my eyes. I was very disappointed with that as it was difficult to fall asleep and I woke up in the night feeling uncomfortable.

My other niggle was the air conditioning. As others have mentioned, it's quite tricky to work. I was also a bit disappointed to be told that breakfast was to be served from half 7, I had to check out by half 7 as I had an interview at the US embassy. As it turned out I didn't feel like breakfast when I woke up but when I booked I did make sure that their breakfast times fitted in with my plans...not sure if breakfast times have been changed since I made my booking or whether I was just given the wrong information.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Rhian H
Sayed E, Owner at Comfort Inn Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Rhian,

This is a courtesy note to say thank you for the feedback you have provided at the Comfort Inn Hyde Park, I apologise for the discomfort you experienced for your stay wtih regards to the beds. Having taken on this feedback I am pleased to confirm that the hotel will be embarking upon a replacement mattress, pillow and duvet programme that will be a phased process in our new Financial year,

I hope this meets with your approval and we look forward to welcoming you back and hope you would choose us again once these issues you have kindly pointed out have been remedied

Kind Regards

Sayed

Reviewed 24 February 2014

The best thing about this hotel is the location. It's just off of Hyde Park and near a tube stop. The rooms are tiny, and the breakfast is average, but for the price it's not bad. The beds leave something to be desired.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple