“Ok for One Night”

Ranked #160 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Telford, United Kingdom
“Ok for One Night”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We booked a family room at this hotel and stayed over for one night on Saturday. We were here for a shopping weekend so the location was excellent for picking up the tube and our return journey home from Euston.

The reason I put 'ok for one night' is due to the noise level we experienced during the night, there was a constant streem of police/ambulance sirens screaming past the hotel, you could say this is not the hotels fault, however I think it is a point to be made if you are looking to have a good nights sleep. We were on 4th floor and had secondary glazing but it didn't make much difference at all.

The only other critisim I have is how small the resturant is to cater for such a large hotel during breakfast time. We had to queue for breakfast, which was ok for us as we weren't in a particuar hurry but if you needed to eat and go this may have caused problems for some guests.

On the whole the hotel itself is clean and the staff are friendly and thats why I have reviewed it as very good.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
LondonEustonPI, Manager at Premier Inn London Euston Hotel, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing London Euston Premier Inn and thank you for taking your time to leave some feedback from your stay with us.

I am glad that you were able to enjoy your stay with us and that we were able to meet your accommodation needs during your trip to London. As you noticed we are in a busy part of the city and sometimes this causes inconveniences however I would advise that if you do wish to stay with us again in the future give us a call to the hotel once you make your booking and we will do our best to meet your preference in room allocation.

We take all our guests feedback seriously as it is through this that we can continue to deliver our promise and improve where needed.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (666)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

OK hotel - good location - pricing policy by the organisation needs looking into - at the moment this seems to be governed by location and time of the year - i.e London & near Christmas = overcharge the customer

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

I am glad you were able to enjoy your stay and we were able to meet your requirements for your stay.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed here Fri & Sat night. Euston to the left; St Pancras (EuroStar) to the right!

We checked in via self service machines. The reception team are on hand for traditional check-in.

Our rooms were very clean, quite large and despite fronting a major road remarkably quiet. (Room 1 & 2 were doubles and room 3 a family room.) We all commented on how comfortable the beds were.

We ate our Evening meal on Friday at the onsite restaurant 'Thyme'. The menu varied and catered for our party (fussy bloke, veggie woman, granny with dentures, temperamental teen & carnivore geezer). The food freshly prepared, served with a smile and good value £90 for 2 courses and a couple of drinks each.

On the second night there were some high spirited guests partying in their room. The hotel team dealt with this with diplomacy and efficiency.

We ate breakfast on our departure day. This was a buffet style and like dinner good quality, well cooked with attentive staff.

You can navigate the whole of London easily with access to 24 hour buses and 5 tube lines within a couple of minutes walk - Green Park, Knightsbridge, Oxford St & Camden all only minutes away.

The only thing that gets my gander is the add-on cost to access the Internet.

Overall great location, well presented venue and attentive staff made for a great couple of days away with the family. The pre-payment rooms were good value.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

It is great to read that your were able to enjoy your stay with us and that we were able to be part the good memories of your trip to London.
I will make sure that the team are passed on your wonderful comments about your experience with us and make sure that it’ll keep the team working hard to ensure all our guests feel brilliant through a great night stay.

We look forward to having you stay with us.

Sleaford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We visited here in August this year and have to say that we would never go back. The room was dingy and dark, pretty small and we had to put up with loads of noise during the night. Breakfast was OK, quite a bit of choice, but the cooked items were cold. It's in a good location, right opposite Euston station, but for the price we paid, I bet there are much nicer hotels in London. Our view is that it was overpriced and noisy and would never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Holidaysrus
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London Euston Hotel, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2013

This establishment has everything to offer and friendly service. Room & bed great, Dinner was good and reasonably priced, breakfast had everything to offer but I thought a bit pricey at £8.95. Room prices vary, I got a very cheap room off the website by paying in advance for a no change allowed deal

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

It is great to read that you had a good stay and we ticked all your boxes during your trip to London. We always encourage our guests and anyone interested to have a look on the website as all special offers are available though here and will make a difference when travelling to London.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed at the Premier Inn at Euston a few days ago. My first choice of hotel was fully booked and after a very bad experience at another Premier Inn, I was not particularly looking forward to going back. I am happy to report that they proved me wrong.

Here's what you need to know if you are thinking of staying here:-

THE CONS

1. Location-wise, this hotel is great. I was travelling in and out of Kings Cross and St Pancs and the hotel is a short walk from both. The Stand, Totenham Court Road, Covent Garden and the West End are all within walking distance. I felt safe walking around on my own and you can't get in a lift without a room key.

2. The staff. The lady that checked me in could not have been more helpful. She talked me through everything and was very proactive in sorting me out.

3. The rooms. Basic but spotlessly clean. Everything is screwed down or fixed to a wall, but I guess that's the way that the world is going. The hotel looks pretty drab from the outside but it is fresh inside. I was expecting there to be a lot of noise from the road, but I had a rear facing room and it was pretty quiet.

THE CONS

4. Cost. My room was nearly £150. My only grip with this hotel is that some things that I consider to be "basics" are charged as extras. It was £3 for 24 hours of wifi (although once I had paid for this, I found out that I could have had half an hour for free) and it was £1.50 to use the safe in the room. I was also in a family room, but there were only 2 tea bags... if I had been there with my family, that would have caused arguments!

Would I stay here again? Yes, I would. Despite the extra charges, the staff at this hotel have restored my faith in the Premier Inn brand.

Room Tip: Rear facing are quieter
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Location: Excellent
Price: Good cost benefit
Breakfast: Delicious with vegan and vegetarian friendly option
Staff: Very helpful and polite

This hotel has an amazing location, close to subway stations, attractions and great restaurants.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the street as it's very busy.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business