“Good value”

Premier Inn London Euston Hotel
Ranked #197 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Very friendly staff. Room on the small side. Bathroom nice size. But both tidy and clean. Safe was locked and when we asked for someone to open it we were told that there was problem with the people that supplied the safes and none of them were working. Not ideal as we had all our holiday money, passports etc., which we then had to carry round with us. Apart from that no problems.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie D
LondonEustonPI, Manager at Premier Inn London Euston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking your time to leave some comments from your stay with us at Premier Inn London Euston.

I am glad to read that you were able to enjoy your stay overall. I do apologise for the inconvenience at the moment with the safes in the rooms however we do have a safe in the back office that we are currently using for our guests valuables; we are available 24hrs and there is CCTV coverage so it is extra safe.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I joined TA in 2011 and have reviewed a fair bit, most of reviews are on average 7/10.
So when I review a place and score such a score as above, well then something has happened that could not be overlooked!

Before I go on I will say I have not reviewed at all this year, though have visited places, however due to a round robin email from TA I thought I would log in here and write some reviews of my visits to places, etc.

I stayed at the Premier Inn in Euston in the spring of 2012 for one of my volunteering vibes on the Greys Inn Road, so two years ago and you may think why review now", well, "well why not"?
In fact two years on I have re-told my visit to pals as it was just not cool what went on.

Okay I checked in and all seemed fine.
I go upstairs to the room I have been appointed, I know Premier Inn is budget but really?
Budget does not need to mean "broke down and worn out".
Anyhoo I had booked for only two nights so thought would grin and bare it, I will say the saving grace is the bar/restaurant attached.
There was a lovely girl who provided me with a large ice cold jug of water which was very sweet of her.

Back to hotel room.
Well basic really, so is Ibis but Ibis in my humble opinion is far superior.
I checked in at around 4pm, at 7pm a pal who was also volunteering the following day wanted to meet with me which I thought "fair enough", had had a somewhat stressful day and the company/relax would have been ideal, or so I thought.
So my pal hoped on tube and came over.
I gazed around my room and felt unhappy but tried to ignore it, it was more than just basic which I can accept and do accept it was grubby, lacklustre, just shabby really, I kicked myself for not checking into Ibis around the corner.
An hour into my pal arriving my phone in my hotel room rang, I answered, a man on reception simply stated in an accusatory manner "you have the tv on to loud" I replied "uh?
Again the man on reception said my tv was loud, I began to feel like I was on the phone with the Gestapo such was this mans abrupt manner by the way while I and my pal were speaking and the television was on it was not blaring out, however I noticed upon checking in that the hotel doors/rooms were abnormally close to each other, not sure if this makes sense, sure hotel rooms are close together, but more extreme at Premier Inn.
I ask truly confused "so my television is loud, and you heard this from reception" the guy replied "yes I heard it from reception turn it down",
Now I was irritated.
I said, "there is simply NO way you could hear any noise from two floors down, it is actually logically impossible" at which he said "okay.. the people next door have complained".
I chuckled as this was my cue to get the hell outta there;-)
I have suffered the extreme noise levels of hotel guests before and can honestly say not really my vibe, anyhoo I thanked the reception guy for finally being honest and told him to have my second night fee ready as I was checking out.
I have never heard such shocked silence before;-)

The whole vibe was just off, if something does not feel right, change it I say.

I packed up with my pal looking on with amusement stroke concern.

The room was tatty and not in keeping with my standards(I have stayed in budget plenty of times and had a grand stay;-), this was just a rough dwelling) and now "this", no thank you.

Ten minutes later I walked down the stairs and asked for my money back, ya know..I had to quote Lenny Henry's famous quote which they have since removed;-) which said "if you are not happy with anything we will give you back your money".
The front desk man did not want to give me back the fee for the second night so I had to painstakingly remind him about Mr Henry's Premier Inn quote, still he was not having it.
What is a girl to do?

I just continually repeated in a somewhat monotone tone for at least 20 minutes like I was a female Bill Murray in Groundhog day stuck on repeat", "I would like my money back please for the second night, I am not happy and your own disclaimer states I am legally able to get this back if I am not happy with any aspect of this hotel chain"
Nice enough fella, but not wanting to adhere to his own employer company polices and procedures is quite unacceptable.
During our "stand- off" a guy staggered in slurring something or another with a mini skirted lycra clad hard faced woman on each arm like the cat who got the cream, one look at them almost yelling about their soon to be consumed "party for three" which is ironic since that would most probably cause a lot of noise! I just knew I was in the wrong place, grubby and tacky springs to mind sorry but in my humble opinion a rough and raw hotel, the trio did loiter around for their own entertainment purposes I suppose, soon the guy got bored that my stand off was distracting the women from their party so scowled at me and "sweet talked" them up to his room, lovely!
Back to the reception guy, he said to me "look I can change your room, why do you want to leave", he almost sounded like he cared but it was about not giving me back my money and feeling like a customer had "won" I repeated "I am not happy would like my money back your disclaimer says I can legally get my money back if I am not happy with any aspect of your chain".
My pal was outside not wanting to get involved.
It was all very polite, there were no raised voices all very civil, clipped curt "no thank you Sir, my money back please and I shall be on my merry way".

Finally Mr reception man sighed, made a phone call, who too, maybe Mr Henry to double check on my disclaimer comments, and gave me back my money.

I said I would not stay again, doubt he cared, I left relieved to leave.
I felt bad that I wanted to leave but I was already not feeling relaxed upon check in due to state of the dwellings, and everything else just confirmed it.

True to my word I have never visited another Premier Inn, it was my first one and never again.

Mr reception man was actually a nice man, the state of the hotel is not his fault but his insistence to challenge a legally binding clause that his company had was quite farcical.
I wish TA would have more options other than 2014 and 2013 since 2012 was not that long ago so I have had to pick Spring of this year.

All in all, not good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Retro C
Reviewed 6 May 2014

As others have noted, the room was a bit too warm. Also, internet service could be improved, and no wash cloths were provided. However, the room was quiet, very clean, and in an excellent location between transportation hubs. The restaurant was also clean, had decent food at reasonable (for London) prices, and convenient. The beds were comfortable, as well. On a tour that followed, we stayed at a number of other hotels, several of which were more expensive, but none better in general than this one. I would choose it again for our purposes.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest,

It is very important for us to ensure we take all our guest feedback very seriously as it is this way we can highlight any areas to improve and to bring forward to the adequate departments. Please remember that at any Premier Inn you do stay at reception is available 24hrs to help with any issues like the room temperature. I am glad we were able to accommodate your needs overall and you had a comfortable night stay.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Couldn't fault it!!! Great value for money, lots of room, exceptionally clean, book in online, helpful and friendly staff. Late check out, great menu, couldn't hear any other guests. There was six of us and we all highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

It is great to read your review and know we were able to accommodate all your needs for your stay during your trip to London.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was a city break with our granddaughters so wanted an hotel close to euston train station which this hotel was. We have stayed in this hotel before, so knew the rooms would be comfortable and clean. Also breakfast very good and as much as you wanted.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest,

It is lovely to read that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to offer all you needed for a good night stay during your trip to London.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The rooms are quieter than you would think - the beds are comfortable and the staff extremely helpful and polite. Good location with many different tube lines within walking distance. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 May 2014

ex. relaxing weekend, staff that smile at anytime of the day or night. will use again.
parking space within sight so no problems with the car
child friendly nothing to much trouble for the staff. every pary was clean and looked well cared for

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest,

It is wonderful to know that the team made your stay special and we werea ble to accommodate all your needs during your stay with us.