“Great location and price”

Premier Inn London Putney Bridge Hotel
Ranked #274 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Caloundra, Australia
“Great location and price”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Friendly staff and spotless rooms. Terrific location - Putney Bridge tube station is only a few stops beyond Earls Court station, but buses also stop out the front. Very short walk to high street and cafes etc. We stayed over 2012/13 New Years Eve and they hadn't hiked up their prices to an obscene degree like many other places. An added bonus is that my 15 year old son is classed as a child, so the entire experience (like the full English breakfast for a small amount extra for adults) is very budget friendly. Would definitely stay again and would recommend to others.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Caroline D, Manager at Premier Inn London Putney Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Thank you very much for a wonderful feedback and we really appreciate the time you have taken to review us on Trip Advisor. Glad you had a great time at a great price.

The Premier Inn London Putney Bridge has the advantage of the underground and bus stops being close enough to make any journey easy as well as enjoyable and I'm glad to know that you found this to be the case.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Staff are warm and friendly. Rooms are comfortable and food is great. Really enjoyble experience. The staff went the extra mile to make my staff very comfortable. Very good location too. If you need more help finding transportation or where the good tourist sights are, ask the front desk. They are very helpful and can arrange taxis and tell you where you can pick the appropriate public transport. Oh and definately try their wine. They have very good selection.

Room Tip: If you're travelling alone make sure to request a floor where there are no families. With famili...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here at Premier Inn London Putney Bridge. I am delighted that the experience was a good one.

I am pleased that you found the team to be friendly and helpful, location easy to get to and enjoyed the food in our restaurant. Here at Premier Inn we pride ourselves on our excellent levels of customer service and I am glad that you found this to be the case.

wrexham
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Very inpressed with location, convienient for travel as we left the car at the hotel, not aware there was a daily charge though, still that's London for you.

everything fine accomodation wise clean and comfortable ample sized room etc;

Room Tip: It's a huge hotel, ask if you prefer ground or higher room. We should have.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. I’ am glad that you were pleased with the hotel standards and impressed with the hotel location.

The Premier Inn London Putney Bridge has the advantage of the underground, overground and bus stops being close enough to make any journey easy as well as enjoyable and I'm glad to know that you found this to be the case.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2013

No real suprises for a Premier Inn. Much like all the others.

Check-in was fast and friendly. Room was a good size, but the bathroom was tiny.

Comfortable bed, and iron and iron board available if required. Limited wifi was available.

Location is good, and easy to get to from the station, although the actual enterance to the hotel could be better signposted.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Caroline D, Manager at Premier Inn London Putney Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at Premier Inn London Putney Bridge. I am glad you found your stay to be a pleasant one.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We stayed for two nights at this hotel at the end of last year. Even though there was just the two of us, we were given a family room with a sofa, which was fine. The hotel was very clean and the staff - really welcoming.

There were issues though and I, myself, wouldn't stay there again. For starters, our room was really cold and the thermostat wouldn't go beyond 24 degrees - the room just felt cold even at the maximum setting. It was also cold walking around the corridors of the hotel. Granted it was December, however, it just felt like you were outside when walking up and down the stairs.

Another downside was that you could feel the underground shaking under rooms. It is one thing being close to the underground but this felt like small tremours every time the train passed.

Finally, on our last day, we woke up to no hot water in the shower. Not being happy with the room temperature to begin with, the last thing we needed was a tepid shower on a freezing December morning. We complained on the way out and the people at reception gave us the impression they knew what might have been the problem. I hope they have now fixed it as hot water is one of the basic things you should really expect from a hotel. The staff asked if we knew about the good sleep guarantee or something. We told them it wasn't the sleep we were dissatisfied with but the morning after experience. The staff didn't really insist on giving us any compensation - just said they'd look into this. For me, even with the comfortable and clean beds, the whole stay was marred by temperature issues. The hotel staff had a chance when we were leaving to offer something to recompense us for the shower problem but they didn't. In a nutshell, I wouldn't really recommend the hotel to a friend nor would I be staying there again but I can see how other people might have a totally different experience if they are put in a room with working heating and hot water and they don't mind the underground shaking under their room.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mishkins23
Caroline D, Manager at Premier Inn London Putney Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at Premier Inn London Putney Bridge. I am deeply disappointed to learn that you're stay was not up to our usual standard.

Noting that you stayed at the end of last year, I can confirm that we had some technical issues with our heating on certain floors. We have followed up on our guest’s feedback and this issue has now been resolved.

With regards to the lack of hot water on your last day, I can only apologise. You are completely right; hot water is an absolute basic requirement for hotel accommodation. Unfortunately from time to time, things within the hotel do go wrong and we are not able to prevent them every time. What we will always do is get the correct people out to fix the problem as soon as possible. I can assure you that this problem was fixed and hot water restored.

I am so sorry to hear that you were kept awake by a rumbling noise that you believe to be from the tube station. Whilst we are close to the tube station, the part of the district line that we are close to is actually above ground and elevated. We have not had any other issues of this nature reported to us here at the hotel so the fact that you experienced it is of concern to me. I would be very grateful if you could contact me at the hotel and let me know your room number so I can investigate this matter further to ensure it does not happen again.

Here at Premier Inn we pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service as well as the great night sleep that we guarantee all our guests. I am so sorry again, that on this occasion, you did not experience this. We offer a Goodnight Guarantee, which guarantees you a great night with us, if for any reason you do not experience this then we refund your night. Unfortunately, Trip Advisor does not let me see your name or contact details so I am unable to contact you to arrange a refund. Please do get in contact with me at the hotel on 0871 527 8674, option 3 and I will be happy to arrange this as well as discuss your complaint in detail with you, should you wish.

I do hope that this goes some way in restoring your faith in Premier Inn and I hope to welcome you back here again in the future.

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Close to Putney Bridge LUL station, views of the Thames from our room and plenty of eateries in Putney just over the bridge.
Have stayed here often with my family, as the family rooms are nice and large.

Room Tip: The meal deal is good value
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Caroline D, Manager at Premier Inn London Putney Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at Premier Inn London Putney Bridge. I am pleased that your stay was a good one.

Here at Premier Inn we pride ourselves on our excellent levels of customer service, I am delighted you enjoyed the view and the meal deal in our restaurant, our high levels of cleanliness and I am glad that you found this to be the case.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We stayed here following other recommendations on trip advisor. The hotel has been recently refurbished and the room we were allocated was a very good size. The reception staff were friendly and efficient. We had arrived slightly early but as the room was ready we were checked in immediately. The breakfast was really good with the usual premier inn selection available and a Costa coffee machine offering a full range of coffee types from latte to expresso. Super!
The tube station is only a couple of minutes away. Buses also run from outside the tube station as well as the front of the hotel.
We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay here at premier inn london putney bridge, i am delighted that your stay was a good one and you found the staff to be friendly and efficient.

I am so pleased you enjoyed the breakfast an the amount of costa coffee we had to offer! Here at Premier Inn we pride ourselves on our excellent levels of customer service and our high levels of cleanliness and I am glad that you found this to be the case.

I very much look forward to your next stay with us soon.