“Great hotel - surly staff”

Premier Inn London Putney Bridge Hotel
Ranked #281 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
“Great hotel - surly staff”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed here in March to catch up with old friends in the area - the hotel is so close to Putney bridge station and while the hotel itself was excellent, the reception staff were friendly, I had a room on the top floor and the view was great, the room was large and extremely comfortable. This hotel unfortunately only gets 4 stars instead of 5 because the waitress in the restaurant was rude and surly, we waited for a table and were repeatedly ignored, when we did catch her eye as she walked straight past us with head down and asked for a table were got "give me a second" so we ate out instead. I returned shortly after 11pm and was refused a glass of wine to take up to my room as the barman informed me he was closed - no apology just a curt refusal. I would stay here again but would not use any of their facilities - very rude attitude.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This hotel is a great value hotel that is close to the all transport links to enable to get you around London easily and is situated in a really nice area of London. Putney has a lot to offer with a lot of restaurants and bars very close to the hotel. The room I had was spacious and well presented with everything you need for a short stay in any city. I will be booking this hotel again when I next visits London provided that the room rate remains reasonably priced.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

very good hotel for everybody .
it is a every good hotel for your budget and you can get a over expectation service and the feeling you have spent and cost.
i highly recommend this hotel to every who want to order all the other equal hotel.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Stayed here with the boys (7 and 11) for 3 nights over Easter.
Arrived early and our room wasn't ready yet but they locked our bags away and we went off for the day and didn't get back til after tea. Reception staff very friendly and helpful.
Walked into our room and immediately struck by just how big it was. Loads of space even with a double bed and two singles (a sofa bed plus a 'put up' bed).
As with others we found the room to be very hot. Found 23 about right over night - any colder and it got too cold! It's hard to get the temperature right in hotel rooms as people like different temperatures. The climate control wasn't the most efficient system but we were ok after the first night.
Our bed was hard and the first night I found it quite uncomfortable. I don't know if I was just more tired or I just got used to the bed but I slept like a log the following two nights (possibly the better temperature helped too!). The pillows were really comfortable and you could ask for additional ones (either soft or hard) if you needed to.
The breakfast was excellent - we paid £9.95 each but the boys ate free so worked out less than £5 each and it was certainly good value for money. Loads of different types of cereal (all branded) and a choice of skimmed, semi or full fat milk. Also several flavours of yoghurt plus natural, some bits like seeds and driend fruit to add it you want to, croissants, muffins etc. Then the cooked breakfast - bacon, sausages, lovely mushrooms, eggs etc. The only criticism we had was that the toast took ages to go through the little machine and you had to put it through three times to get any real colour on the bread - I'm far too impatient so just went without toast - not as if I went hungry!
Lots of different types of tea to choose from plus coffee. No hot chocolate though which was a shame.
Location-wise it's practically next to Putney Bridge underground (though not so close you can hear the trains!) with District line trains running to/from Paddington and across to Tower Hill (and beyond). There are also buses right outside but we didn't use them so I'm not sure where they go!
You can walk across the bridge to Putney where there are restaurants and a couple of supermarkets. There are also several pubs nearby - apparently the pub right next to the hotel does good food but unfortunately we didn't eat there and went somewhere which wasn't all that nice instead (I forget the name but it's the first one you come to).
There is a shopping centre at Fulham Broadway (2 underground stops away) and you can also have a look at the Chelsea football stadium. Not sure how big the shopping centre is but it seemed relatively large.
All in all we were very impressed with the hotel and would definitely stay here again. Hopefully we'd have a bit more time to explore the area as it seems really lovely.

Room Tip: We were in a family room on the second floor. It was spacious and quiet so no complaints!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Caroline D, Manager at Premier Inn London Putney Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts on Trip Advisor. I am glad to know that you found the team to be friendly and helpful as well as enjoyed the food in our restaurant. However, I am sorry to hear that you weren't completely satisfied with your experience here due to the room temperature and uncomfortable bed that was set-up in your room.

At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be aware that Premier Inn offers a good night guarantee or your money back.

I really hope this doesn't deter you from staying with us. I do hope to welcome you back here again very soon.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed at this premier inn from the 13th to the 16th and found it was quite nice. The staff were all pleasant and the hotel was very clean and tidy. Also the rooms were lovely. The cost of breakfast and parking however is ridiculous, but we just got the train and kept walking into putney village for breakfast anyway.
The location was perfect, right next to a tube station and bus stops.
Only bad thing was the air con wouldn't go up so we was quite cold of a night time, but we could live with that.
Overall it was a nice stay and if I was to go back to London I'd probably use this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014
Oulton Broad, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

let me start by saying I am a PI fan, we use them most of the time we travel so this review pains me to write. We stayed overnight this week, I have to say the mattress in our room was the most uncomfortable I have ever tried to sleep on, so hard, not like any other Inn I have stayed in. We could only turn the heat up in the room, not down, apparently this is controlled by reception and to open the window on the first floor overlooking Putney Bridge was a very noisy option! Be warned the option of a continental breakfast was to be charged at the full breakfast rate despite there being two cost options advertised, in the small print on their website entry apparently, parking is £18 per day but we did not need it using the train. The receptionist we dealt with upon check out was abrupt bordering on rude, again something I have never encountered at an Inn before, I was really quite angry so left before I said something I may regret, so unlike me. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gaoler1234
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London Putney Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is an excellent base for a London visit. Less than 5 minute walk from Putney Bridge tube station which is on the District Line so takes you straight to Westminster, Kensington for the museums etc. Much better value than a central London hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Caroline D, Manager at Premier Inn London Putney Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you very much for a wonderful feedback and we really appreciate the time you have taken to review us on Trip Advisor.

The Premier Inn London Putney Bridge has the advantage of the underground being close enough to make any journey easy as well as enjoyable and I'm glad to know that you found this to be the case.

I do hope to welcome you back here again very soon.