“Almost A Perfect Place....”

Premier Inn London Putney Bridge Hotel
Ranked #290 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 September 2008

Great value hotel.Price good especially for London.Rooms spacious.Modern.Great for an over night stay....especially if you want to be quite near to Fulhams Football Ground ( as we did ),
We got put on the sixth floor..on entering our room and looking out of the window...we got a surprise...a very pleasant one!!!
The River Thames was displayed in all its glory and a busy Putney Bridge coupled with a bright sunny day made for a picture postcard view.
One downside to the Hotel,in my opinion,is the very small size of the restaurant.We had to wait for breakfast...not too much of a worry...but when other people are then shown to a table before you it is annoying.A hand written waiting list seems the logical thing to have but alas no.
We couldn't afford to wait so left without breakfast and got our money back for it...however I wasn't impressed.
Still,I would stay there again ...and ask for a high floor facing the River and put that dining or lack of dining experience down as a "oneoff".

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank CJMak
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn London Putney Bridge Hotel

Reviewed 24 September 2008

Outstandingly friendly & efficient. One unfortunate event illustrates this: my wife was knocked over accidentally in the street as we were returning to the motel, injuring her mouth & knee, & we were impressed by their concern, quick response, well-stocked first aid box & practical help.
Excellent location, near transport links (just the right distance from the centre of London if you're driving in) & good restaurants (over the bridge). Clean rooms. Above average breakfast.
Inexpensive for London, I suppose.
Quite hideous corporate colours, but we survived walking along the purple corridors....

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Packhorse
Reviewed 19 September 2008

Nice clean hotel. Friendly service. A bit loud at pub closing time (at least in the room we stayed).

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2008

Stayed at this travel inn a couple of weeks ago and wanted to add the following observations.
The hotel is a great base for family visits to London, where your room is basically your start and finish point each day. I feel the PremierInn is great for this purpose, no frills but good clean accommodation and good food. This one is ideally located near to Putney Bridge tube station (200m) on the District line. I wasn't affected by any of the previous comments about buses, but did hear a bit of noise at closing time at an adjacent pub.
The air conditioning worked a treat although it had to be activated by the staff at the front desk, whom I may add were polite at extremely helpful at all times.
Used the small restaurant and found it be good value serving great food, even making changes to suit my daughters allergy.
I cannot fault or suggest any change and would definitely use it again.
Mick

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2008

The only reason we chose this hotel was because the location was good for visiting family.
The outside of the hotel looks awful but inside was fine - what you would expect for a budget hotel. It is a great location being just around the corner from the tube station.
We didn't eat at the hotel as we were meeting friends for dinner and out during the day - we went to the River Cafe opposite the tube stattion for breakfast which was a lot cheaper than the hotel.
Rooms are clean - we had a lovely view of the car park! Maybe next time I would ask for a higher floor but we didn't spend that much time in the room so it didn't really matter.
It does seem quite expensive for a budget hotel but that is London I guess and it was cheaper than staying nearer the city centre.
It was more than adequate for what we wanted for 2 days away - nothing flash but clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2008

This is a clean friendly hotel, the staff are great and the food was surprisingly good for a budget hotel. I read reviews on here after we booked and was a bit apprehensive but I couldn't fault this hotel or its location and our family room for 4 was comfortably spacious. We spent 5 nights here and it is an excellent base for trips into central London but much cheaper than city centre hotels. 15-20 mins on the tube has you in London and the Oyster card is a great way of getting around and saves queueing for tickets. The bus station is just across the way as already mentioned, the tube station is approx 100m away. The rail station requires a 10 min walk over the Putney Bridge and provides easy access to Windsor for Legoland and to Feltham for the Heathrow bus if you don't fancy the tube.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2008

My friend and I with my two children chose a short break in London to see the sights. We arrived before check in, but our room wasn't ready; the check in staff were more then willing to store our luggage for us. We were given luggage stubs and went on our way. When we did check in we were advised that we had a very nice room. We did, room 606 with a view of the river Thames. The air conditioning was on and was much appreciated due to the hot temperatures during our stay. I was concerned having read some reviews about the bus noise, however we experienced none (ask for 6th floor overlooking the river). The fire alarm sounded 3 times from 00:05 - 00:20hrs. Three explanations were given!!! Breakfast was served from 06:00hrs (a little early for us) to 10:00hrs. There was a full range of food and drink available (with hot plates), not as much choice as I have encountered at other premier inns, but more than enough for our group of four. Check out was easy and the offer to store our bags was there as we weren't heading home until later in the evening. All in all, great value for money with clean comfortable rooms. I will come back as the location was good (with a river facing room).

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family