“Mixed experience...”

Ranked #280 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Newcastle-upon-tyne
“Mixed experience...”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Have stayed at the Putney Bridge Premier Inn four or five times now - for both Wimbledon and shopping - the worst experience so far. Awful wine with meal deal and other white wines not available from menu.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank toontraveller44

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gosport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed here for one night as we were going to Wembly Stadium for the Capital Summertime ball, and this was right next to a tube station, which turned out to be closed for repair! This was a bit of a way out as it was an hour on the tube, but the hotel were friendly and we were able to check in later so we could go straight into London. Parking was £18 for 24 hours which was fine. Rooms were reasonable size, quiet, clean and comfortable and they were happy to give out more tea milk and coffee when asked.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Caroline D, Manager at Premier Inn London Putney Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Thank you very much for a wonderful feedback and we really appreciate the time you have taken to review us on Trip Advisor. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. I’ am delighted that you were pleased with the hotel standards as well as the service from Team.

At Premier Inn we strive to meet and exceed the needs of all our guests and I'm glad that we have done just that for you!

Trowbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Diverted here after original booking in Wandsworth wasn't available, no problems checking in, staff were friendly, room was large, comfortable and well cleaned. Shower and bathroom clean and working in order. Breakfast was just as expected, perfect early morning service. Exactly as expected from a premier inn, great for 1 night stays or even for a few nights if visiting London.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for a wonderful feedback and we really appreciate the time you have taken to review us on Trip Advisor. I'm delighted to read that your stay with us was a great one and that you were pleased with the hotel standards, found the team to be friendly and enjoyed the food in our restaurant.

Here at Premier Inn we pride ourselves on our excellent levels of customer service and our high levels of cleanliness and I am glad that you found this to be the case.

Faversham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I was doing a 100Km charity walk from London to Brighton over the weekend without stopping for sleep and so I needed somewhere for a good night's sleep and as close to the start line as possible for the evening before.

I'd looked at bed and breakfasts but they were too expensive and other hotels were a bit far from the start. The Premier Inn was the best fit for my needs but was a bit expensive (£86) when I first started looking.

I kept visiting the website over the course of couple of weeks hoping for a deal and one day I found the price had dropped to £59, I booked immediately. The online process was simple and quick with clear email confirmations and instructions.

When I arrived at about 21:30 I was greeted very cheerfully by the receptionist and was handed my key straight away. I was advised that the restaurant would be closing soon and that, if I needed a meal, I should order before going to my room. I opted for the Meal Deal offer of 2 courses and a drink plus an 'eat all you want' breakfast for £22.99.

After getting to my room the phone rang and I was told that my food was ready, I popped downstairs and they gave me my food on a tray ready to eat in my room - much better than sitting alone in the near empty restaurant. My 8oz Full House Burger and Bread and Butter Pudding with custard were superb and very filling! My only niggle was that I'd wanted sparkling water as a drink but had to order lemonade as 'Water is not part of the meal deal and would cost extra'. A bit daft, I thought, as water must be cheaper surely?

The room was good sized with en-suite facilities. Everything was absolutely spotless. There was a large TV on the wall, tea making facilities and a choice of pillows available. I could hardly hear any traffic noise as my room was in a designated 'quiet zone'. I wish the teenagers across the hall had been able to read the signs as they were rather noisy opening and closing doors and talking in the corridor. There's not much that be done to stop that though.

My night's sleep was very peaceful and comfortable and I felt refreshed in the morning. The shower was lovely and the temperature stayed stable all the way through.

Breakfast was very satisfying. I opted for porridge as I needed the carbs. for the walk and it was very tasty. I followed that with a fry-up and a decent cup of tea.

All-in-all an enjoyable short stay with good food, attentive staff and a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in a quiet zone as there is less traffic noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Caroline D, Manager at Premier Inn London Putney Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you had such a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed the food in our restaurant. I’ am also glad that you were pleased with the hotel standards as well as the service from Team.

Here at Premier Inn we always strive to satisfy your needs at our hotel during your stay. However, during this instance you weren't not completely satisfied with your meal deal as the drink that you prefer is not part of our deal and my sincere apologies for the dissatisfaction you had. With regards to the noise from other guests, please be informed that our reception is open for 24 hours and our staff would of been more than happy to help you with your discomfort. Next time please do not hesitate to let us know in case you experience the same issues during your stay so that we can tell the guests to minimize their noise.

Sesto San Giovanni, Lombardia, Italy
Reviewed 23 June 2014

very very good we were very good, excellent service great reception, a hotel that I would recommend for anyone who goes around with kids. close to the underground, located almost on the Thames, from my room window we could see the river, very charming

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for a wonderful feedback and we really appreciate the time you have taken to review us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you found the team service as an excellent one. I would certainly pass on your comments to our team and I am sure they will be pleased to hear it.

The Premier Inn London Putney Bridge has the advantage of the underground being close enough to make any journey easy as well as enjoyable and I'm glad to know that you found this to be the case.

Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel refused to sell a Continental breakfast and I had to pay for a full breakfast at £9.75 for a bowl of fruit and drink, I even saw that on the hotel breakfast list 42 people had paid for continental breakfast. All other Premier Inns sell Continental breakfast at £6.25
Complained to staff no joy, written to Premier Inn Complaints takes 5 working days for a response very poor customer service response time compared to other industries

Room Tip: Don't stay here, it is noisy, next to main road and near bus station the staff even known this...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London Putney Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. We are very pleased that our team at the hotel ensured that you were well looked after. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our breakfast service did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.
St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I was trying to think about a wise and pithy title for this review, but I couldn't, so, here's a very basic effort instead

Putney Premier Inn does deliver though. The rooms are exactly what you expect in a Premier Inn, with a big, comfy bed and a reasonable size of room and bathroom. Well done for actually putting power-points by the bed as well - this is quite rare behaviour is this country.

The main pulling power for us on a tourist weekends in the smoke, is the location and the price. We paid around £160 room only for two nights at the weekend in early June, which I think is pretty reasonable for London these days. The main draw is the fact that it is about 2 minutes walk from Putney Bridge Station, whose trains whizz you into the city in about 20 minutes. There's also a lovely little coffee shop (Doctor Espresso) right opposite the station entrance, which is very handy when heading out first thing (alright, it was nearer midday).

Finally, we discovered that after staying later than we should on the Friday evening in delightful Hammersmith, the late bus dropped us off right outside the hotel

It's not the prettiest building to look at from outside, but don't let that put you off. It's modern, clean, has a nice pub just behind it and the staff are very efficient and polite. Putney Premier Inn, we salute you!

Room Tip: If you care about a view, ask for a room that's not on the lower ground, which is also the quiet...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple