“Frustrating”

Premier Inn London Tower Bridge Hotel
Ranked #145 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I was on business travel.
The computer system was down and the staff and managers could not help customers with finding rooms very efficiently.
I arrived at 10pm with a reservation and was not given a room until midnight.
Problem was that other people were being given rooms while many other customers waited.
Very unprofessional. Inexperienced young staff people were flustered and frightened.

Management finally did something nice for people that had been waiting for hours- offering a free beverage.

It makes no sense what happened and why some people were directly given rooms and others had to wait.

At one point in time- after all the other people had been given rooms- I was left standing alone in the lobby. No company staff stayed in the lobby. They all hid in the office.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Ryan S, Manager at Premier Inn London Tower Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you had an issue with registering last Thursday. I can only apologise for this ordeal. We had a very unfortunate systems failure, which affected all of the countries Premier Inn and was very frustrating for use as well.
The reason why some person had rooms faster is because some rooms were pre allocated and this is when the system went down.
There are learning’s to be had and I can assure you that, we as a company will be doing so.
Thank you once more and please do accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience cause.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn London Tower Bridge Hotel

Reviewed 2 November 2012

Never having stayed at a Premier Inn before, we were very pleased with our recent short break at Tower Bridge, London. It was very convenient for sightseeing and we really enjoyed our cruise on the river Thames. The hotel was very comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. The food in the restaurant was good for the price we paid. We will definitely choose a Premier Inn on our next city break.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for staying with us and that you were pleased with your choice of accommodations. It’s pleasant to read that our teams were very friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed your meal.
Thank you very much and hope to be welcoming you again to Premier Inn, London Tower Bridge.
Operations Manager.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

Stayed two nights with our grandchildren. Very family friendly hotel with extrabed+cot for free. Room and bathroom is clean, big enough for four and comfortable. Our only main complain is that the room was a bit too hot and it was not possible to lower the temperature. The area is very nice, a new "corner of London" to explore. Underground is 12-14 min away (on foot), with luggage taxi is recommended. Still not used with the checkin procedures at Premier inn, with machines, I still prefer been taken care of at a normal reception desk.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to comment your experience on Trip advisor following your stay with us. I am happy to read you had a good time and hope we will be welcoming you and your family back to Premier Inn.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

We had a view of the Shard from room 431. Once inside the room , you could be in any town/city in the UK. That's what we like about a PremierInn! We had booked for an evening meal, which was a good job - in one respect- as the family in front of us hadn't and were turned away. However, the food wasn't brilliant and the service was dire -very, very slow...zzzzzzzz.!
Breakfast was the usual fare and thus okay.
the hotel is situated a 15 min walk from the tube which is okay if you are aware of this.
Other than that nothing much else to say. It was a one night stop over on the way to friends and I wouldn't want to stop for longer, but I would consider going again if it fell within the right price range.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Ryan S, Manager at Premier Inn London Tower Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2012

Thank you so much to have taken time to review your stay at our hotel on Trip advisor. I am pleased to see the in general you found our hotel being OK but disappointed your review doesn’t reflect what other guests are telling us and we will use your review to help us to improve on areas mentioned.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for the previous two evenings with my wife and child after visiting London for a birthday treat.

I found on arrival the staff to be polite and friendly and informative as to what they offer. It was pointed out to me about the good night sleep guarantee. The staff in the restaurant are friendly and very helpful even though they had over 200 covers to deal with on a busy Monday evening. Maria was amazing and took everything in her step, also Lazlo was polite friendly and very helpful.

At breakfast the following morning we were greeted by a very cheerful and friendly Dawayn(Excuse the spelling) He is a smashing chap who goes out of his way to ensure you get the best possible service.

I checked out of the hotel this morning and apart from the bed being to hard the experience was a great one.

And oh yes I nearly forgot, Premier Inn do honour their Good night sleep guarantee as they agreed to refund my last nights accomodation fee due to the bed being to hard. So for an excellent London break this is fantastic hotel.

Room Tip: We had a room that could sleep 3 (Family Room)
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Ryan S, Manager at Premier Inn London Tower Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Dear Jono40,
Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you had a great time with us with your family. I am also pleased that both Maria and Dywain delivered on their service, two really good members of my team.
Thank you very much and see you soon.

Reviewed 29 October 2012

Booked 2 family rooms so we had 2 small boys with us. Booked the meal deal - excellent food and value. Hotel was clean and location was good. Only one criticism no ceiling light in bathroom and was not fixed after reporting it. TIP - don't book private cabs stick with the black ones they're cheaper. Overall had a fab stay and would recommend hotel to anyone and would stay again myself.

1  Thank macamo

Dear Macamo,
We are thankful for your kind words regarding your stay with us. We team and I are really happy to read that you had an excellent meal with us and found the surrounds clean.

I am sorry your bulb wasn’t replaced during your stay, please accepted our apology.

We look forward in welcoming your again soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2012

Stayed here 20/10/2012 for 2 nights the staff were great nothing to much trouble, had a problem with room on the first night and was sorted he next morning second room 100% better.Meals were GREAT £22 meal deal brill so much food. And i would like to thank the evening dinner staff for the great ice screem bowl for my boys 7th birthday he loved it. I would devo go back here and we are sorting to go back in march for 2 nights
ONCE AGAIN THANKYOUFOR A GREAT STAY !!!!!

Dear Jamesypower,
We are so happy you had a great time with us. I will pass on your comments to the dinner team and I am happy your son enjoyed the treat.

Thank you very much and we look forward to your return visit in March.