“Great value stay for a family room in a great central location!”

Premier Inn London Tower Bridge Hotel
Ranked #152 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is the third time I have stayed in this hotel, previous visits have been just myself and my partner but this time we took the children too. The location is fantastic, just a short walk from the Tower of London, Tower Bridge and from two tube stations (Tower Hill and London Bridge). The hotel and staff are welcoming. The rooms are clean and fresh, towels and bed linen are always clean and plentiful. Breakfast is great with plenty of variety and availability, although if you want croissants you do need to be there slightly earlier!!!

One of the children suffered with a nose bleed during the night on the first night of our two night stay, unfortunately this did make quite a mess of her bed sheets. I advised reception on the way to breakfast in the morning who made arrangements for fresh sheets to be put on the bed without any problems at all. This was great as our 7 year old was a bit worried about the mess of her sheets and concerned that she might get in trouble! Not the case at all staff were understanding, discreet and very helpful!

We will certainly be back on our next trip to London!! Great value stay for a family room in a great central location!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Ryan S, Receptionist at Premier Inn London Tower Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here on Trip Advisor. I am glad to know you found the hotel is situated in the right location for your needs. We aim to do our very best to make sure guests walk away. It is great to know your thoughts about your stay and we are more than pleased we could do this for you on this occasion. I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the great variety with the breakfast.

It is wonderful to know that you will stay with us on your next trip to London. We look forward to see you again soon.

Receptionist

Write a ReviewReviews (3,221)

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Great family room set-uo. Bed very comfy. TV size very good. Room and bathroom very clean too. All you can eat breakfast fabulous choices. Staff very helpful. Only 10/15 min walk to the London Tower Bridge. Grocery store, the Co-Op only across the road.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent staff who go above and beyond! I saved up all year to bring my 3 teenagers to London as they have never been. It was my birthday present/holiday to them as they all have a birthday around now, 21/7, 29/7 and 8/8. When I made my booking I told the Premier Inn staff this. We walked into our room to find some helium birthday balloons and a birthday card addressed to the kids; on the back of the envelope stating open with a smile. Well they definitely did!!

Our room was very clean and we had a fan in our room that kept us cool. I was really surprised that we had 3 proper beds (1double, 2 singles) as in previous premier inns we've had pullouts that haven't had proper mattresses whereas these did. Ideal for teenagers!

We found it really well situated too. Right by Tower Bridge, St Katherines Dock, HMS Belfast, The Tower of London. You walk over the bridge which has lovely views and then right opposite the Tower of London is Tower Hill underground. We bought travelcards that enabled us to hop on and off tubes to see the sights. If you have a travelcard you can also use it to get money off boat rides!! There's boat rides docking at St Katherines makes a nice change to the hot tubes.

While staying here I parked my car in their secure car park and at only £15 per 24hrs thought this was a bargin!

I would very highly recommend this hotel and would most definitely stay here again! Every member of staff we came across were friendly and extremely helpful and because of this made us feel special and our experience that much better!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank wyldfyre74

We would like to thank you for your feedback here on Trip Advisor. The whole entire team would like to thank you again for the card and chocolates from you and your lovely children. To hear how happy you were with your stay made our day, as this shows we did what we could to make sure you had a great experience.

We really hope you and your children come and visit us again soon, as I know how much of a good time they had too.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We had a very pleasant stay and the location was ideal. The staff were very pleasant and helpful and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.we are a family of four with 2 kids aged 11 and 13 and my kids are hard to please.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

It is great to know that you found the location of the hotel to be in an ideal area. Thank you for your recommendation we really appreciate it. I am more than happy to know that you found the team to be pleasant and helpful towards you.

Thank you for you feedback, we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

All the staff were extremely friendly and professional, the room was clean and comfortable, the food was really good and the meal deal really good value.its about 15 minutes to the tube walking and a short ride in to the heart of central London a good choice for sight seeing and less expensive than the west end we are definetly staying here again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the team were friendly and professional towards you. Our main aim is to make sure our guests have a brilliant stay and we are happy to know that we could do that for you. The meal deal is a great value for money and I am glad to know that you thought so too.

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Just tried to book 5 rooms in this hotel with breakfast for a business trip. The total would have been £154 per room plus £9.75 for breakfast to be included so £818.75.

I call reservations and am told that in order to pay for this booking on my company card, I have to fax the hotel with a signature and card details. Since its not 1985 we do not use a fax machine so I offer to scan the exact same details with my signature and email it across. This is impossible it seems because the hotel policy is fax only. Even though it is would be the exact same copy of my signature and card. Exactly the same.

My only option now is to book online as a pre-pay booking, but in two bookings as you can't book 5 in one go. Fine. Until I see that the same rooms I was booking over the phone are now £169 each plus 9.75 for breakfast. What happened to these rooms in the 2 seconds since I put the phone down? Im going to pay extra because Premier Inn cannot accept emails instead of faxes?

No, clearly I will book elsewhere and Premier Inn have talked themselves out £818 due to outdated policies. Not impressive Premier Inn and very unhelpful.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Ryan S, Team Leader at Premier Inn London Tower Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

We would first and foremost like to apologise that we were unable to offer a more convenient solution for you; we understand your frustration but we are unfortunately bound by company policies, as are most people working in a business. Whitbread finance policy was created to not only protect our business but also protect our guests. As frustrating as these regulations may be sometimes these decisions are made above site and our staff have no choice but to follow them accordingly.

You are correct: we do not accept credit card authorisation by email or over the telephone due to these platforms being more liable to fraudulent activity than any other. We would much rather our guests be forced to send a fax than end up with their personal details getting to the wrong person.

Our rates are subject to change at any given moment as a result of changes in availability and other factors that our head office would be more capable of explaining to you. If you would like further information in regards to rates and/or group bookings you are more than welcome to contact our guest relations team. Please find their contact details below:

0333 003 0025
guest.relations@premierinn.com

It is disappointing that we did not have the opportunity to change your impression of us by offering a fantastic stay, but I hope you understand that we always aim to inconvenience our guests as little as possible and it was not our intention to cause you any.

Have a lovely evening,

Naomi

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night in Aug as were attending an event at the Tower.

The hotel was either newish or had a refurb as our room and bathroom looked brand new. Very comfy beds and the usual delicious breakfast

Staff all really helpful too

• Stayed: August 2014

It is fantastic to hear your feedback about the rooms as we have only recently been through a refurbishment and any feedback we can receive is great. I am also very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay here with us, and the team were helpful towards you.

Thank you for you feedback and we hope to see you soon.