Looking at the Grange White Hall website it is advertised as a 4-star boutique hotel with Spacious guest rooms either Superior or Executive with Concierge services that include sightseeing requests.
First the Good:
- great location in Bloomsbury directly behind the British Museum
- good breakfast (if it is included in the room rate, otherwise it is very expensive)
- nice garden views (from some rooms)
- Superior rooms are grossly mislabeled, these are Standard rooms at best. Also, "superior" rooms are located on all levels, including the basement below grade. Requests for a Garden View room even though booked well in advance and paid for prior will not be given more than a passing glance. We only got a Garden View room after 3 attempts and finally involving the Manager.
- Executive Rooms after viewing are not much bigger than their "superior" rooms and at 30 GBP, not worth the upgrade in my opinion
- Staff are not given adequate training on handling requests for sightseeing tours. Although they have a Concierge service, not once were we transferred to speak with the Concierge when we made inquiries about a sightseeing tour. We were dismissed by the front desk staff and forced to handle matters on our own.
- were given keys to our room only to enter and find the room turned upside down, beds not made, linens and pillows thrown about. Asked to be moved to a room that was ready.
- Upon being told to return at a certain time were told to wait while room was being prepared only to find out from a returning front desk clerk that the room had been ready for some time and wondered why we had been told to wait.
- that being said this is not a 4-star quality hotel and should not be marketed as such
My recommendation if you are set on staying at this hotel, make sure you phone ahead and specifically ensure you are getting the room and services you requested prior to your arrival.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional Hotel housed within an Edwardian-style building dating from 1800. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grange White Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grange White Hall London
- Hotel Grange White Hall