“One of the nicest places I've stayed in London”

London City Suites By Montcalm
Ranked #390 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Petersfield, United Kingdom
“One of the nicest places I've stayed in London”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We have just come back from a one night stay at the London City suites. It was a fantastic experience every little detail was looked at. The staff were very friendly and kind nothing was to much trouble. The Devore of the room and hotel was really nice to. The shower is possibly one of the best showers I've had. Only two things which were a bit of shame was the breakfast is £15 each which I find far to expensive. Also, more to do with the booking company's lack of information. We were not aware there was a spa which we would have loved to have use.there was a wedding at the hotel however we heard no noise and the staff all seemed very calm and relaxed. Highly recommend staying if visiting London.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
altmon, General Manager at London City Suites By Montcalm, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your valued time to share your review following your stay with us.

Our team here consistently makes every effort to provide an excellent service to all our guests.

We have Steam rooms, Sauna and Fitness room located in the hotel for our guest use.

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back in a near future.

Montcalm Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Turkish first
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed for one night when visiting friends in London.
The location is very central and perfect for getting around the city.
We were greeted by very friendly staff and shown to our room and shown all the amenities.
The room was perfect and very clean.
Really can't fault the hotel, we'll definitely go back again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic feedback about your recent visit and we are very happy, that the Montcalm London City with its facilities and services were up to your satisfaction and that you enjoyed your stay.

Our team here at the Montcalm London City consistently makes every effort to provide an excellent service to all our guests.

I would like to thank you once again for your lovely comments about our team and property and we can't wait to welcome you back.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This place was our haven on the weekend and it was PERFECT!
We were greeted with genuine smiles and the friendliest, funniest and most attentive staff.
The room was immaculately clean, cosy and flawlessly functional.
We were very impressed with everything, but especially the people that work there :)
I can't recommend this gem of a place high enough and am definitely coming back to it again :)
Tawfik Elgazzar

• Stayed May 2014
altmon, General Manager at London City Suites By Montcalm, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Tawfik,

Thank you for raking the time to leave your comments and thoughts on this website.

I am thrilled to know that you had such a great stay.

Our team works very hard to make sure that every guest feels welcomed and valued.

We hope to have the privilege to welcome you back in a near future.

Toronto
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I usually tried to stay in serviced apartments cause I like to cook but my usual was booked. I decided to give the Montcalm a try given the good reviews and I was not disappointed.
I stayed here for 7 nights in Jan. '14

Location: Great location with less than 10 min walk to Moorgate and Barbican tube. Close to many good restaurants and 2 grocery stores (Waitrose & Tesco) just down the street.

Staff: Extremely nice and very good service.

Room: Not massive but still above average for London. Very modern, clean and stylish. It was like a W hotel with the fake hipsterism replaced with British class. Bathroom was again larger than average for a London hotel room and again was well appointed and stylish. Good selection of TV channels and the free WiFi worked well for the most part.

Restaurant: I don't often eat at hotel restaurants due to their high cost but I gave the Gastropub downstairs a try and was not disappointed. They had 3 course dinner specials that were reasonable and the food was very good.

I would definitely stay there again. In fact I just booked another week there for my next trip over.

Room Tip: My room was at the farthest end away from reception but it was quiet every night and I never heard a...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
altmon, General Manager at London City Suites By Montcalm, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your recent stay.
Since you have enjoyed our restaurant Jugged Hare, may I suggest, for a future stay, why not try our sister restaurant Chiswell Street Dinning Rooms.
I am thrilled to know that we surpassed your expectations and do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in a near future.

Sabine
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I booked this hotel for my Mum's birthday. The staff are the most friendly and helpful staff I have ever met; they went the extra mile to make the weekend more special. Not only was the hotel immaculate and in a great location, they also provided a birthday cake and birthday card for my Mum. I will 100% be going back there; it was phenomenal. Not a single negative ; pure brilliance.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
altmon, General Manager at London City Suites By Montcalm, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Laura,

Thank you for taking your valued time to share your review following your stay with us at the Montcalm London City and your recommendations.

Our team here ensures that our guests receive just the best of service, with attention to detail and that special something that defines us who we are; as we are giving our best in every way to ensure our guests are leaving with delightful memories.

We are looking forward to your return visit to pamper you ones more with great hospitality.

Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed at London City Suites for 1 night the first weekend in May and found the service to be excellent, the reception staff were very welcoming to us and made us feel very comfortable. The room was very impressive, clean, tidy and very modern. Myself and my partner found no faults in the room. There was complementary water and fruit, bath robes and slippers were also included. The stay was very pleasant. Since my stay, the hotel staff have kindly contacted me offering a complementary room upgrade along with amenities. I would strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014
altmon, General Manager at London City Suites By Montcalm, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Davis,

On behalf of entire Montcalm London City Team, I would like to thank you once again for your lovely comments about our team and property and hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I have just got back from one of the best weekends of my life proposed to my better half in London and what a hotel the staff were amazing and so helpful and go that extra mile to help you. The room was amazing so clean and all the added touchs were brilliant. The goodnight card with tommorows weather forecast and mints was just a 1 little touch that they do! Can't wait to come back next time I'm in London ! Made the weekend that extra bit special so thank you to all the staff at the hotel

Mr m Austin

Dear Mr Austin,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great comment on this forum. It was great to have you here with us.

I am proud to say that our friendly and helpful team and extra touches in the room make every guest feel special and I am thrilled that your expectations were met.