I stayed at this hotel from 15/08/2014 for two nights and apart from getting a little lost trying to find it, I was pleasantly surprised!
If you are coming from the Barbican tube station go straight through the tunnel (Virgin Active will be across the road on the left hand side of the tunnel) and walk through until you get to the end. The pub will be on the right hand corner but stay on the same side as the pub and walk down a few meters and it will be in a small side street.
I arrived just before my 2pm but was happy when the friendly receptionist told me my room was ready.
The door man was so polite and friendly, he took my bags until Asim (one of the concierge staff) came to show me to my room which was in one of the white buildings across the road (44).
Polite, friendly and funny, he showed me to my room 606 and gave me all the information I needed.
He was adamant that if I was not happy I could change the room but it was ideal for me.
The room was quaint but big enough for me (double room) and everything was immaculately clean and new. The bed was a little high but after doing a long jump to get onto it, it was very comfortable!
Elemis toiletries decorated the bathroom and bathrobes, slippers, towels, etc were available (although a little more fabric softener would have made them a little less rough on the skin).
The 24hrs concierge service was great and everyone just seemed extremely friendly and couldn't do enough for you.
I also tried room service but felt that there could have been a little more variety on the menu but the burger was nice (quite big) but the chips were like stale sticks so would recommend going further down the road to a restaurant (DO NOT go to the ALL BAR ONE restaurant as they have had a rodent problem since May as a previous reviewer saw a mouse too and they have not closed the restaurant to solve the hygiene issue)
I would definitely recommend this hotel (and I am very picky) for anyone wanting a very good nights sleep, friendly staff and the extra luxuries.
- Nice central location
- Very friendly and helpful staff
- Nice, comfortable rooms
- Maid service was a little keen (the button in the room would not go off so the lady kept coming every 30 minutes from 8.30am as her English was not very good)
- Towels and bathrobe were a little rough
- I had to leave! lol
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Montcalm Hotel (London) Ltd & Precis Properties Ltd, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your London City Suites By Montcalm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- London City Suites By Montcalm Hotel London