“Great sights, great insights !!!”
Review of Driver Guide Tours

Driver Guide Tours
Ranked #301 of 679 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Robina Brown is a Blue Badge tourist guide who provides private tours of London, the surrounding area or the whole of England, by car. Travel at your own pace and see the places that interest you. It might be Harry Potter, Winston Churchill and World War II, gardens, charming villages, scenery or historic houses - the choice is yours. Couples, families with children, wheelchair users - I would like to make your holiday in Britain special.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great sights, great insights !!!”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I wanted to combine a business trip with some touring, but the challenge was -- my business was being done well outside London, where connections to transportation were not good.

In comes Robina and Driver Guide Tours! Her flexibility enabled us to put together a schedule that worked, with her being able to get me back and forth as needed.

We had a great tour of Windsor Castle. We also saw Avebury and its inscrutable layout of huge ceremonial stones -- bigger than Stonehendge and just as amazing.

As we toured the countryside, we had some windshield time. Not only could Robina put perspective on the towns and other sights we were seeing, but she was open to all the historical questions I had always sought answers to -- regardless of what we were seeing on tour. For example, why did Edward have the title "Duke of Windsor"? The answer was not what I was expecting ! Robina's insights into British history, customs and culture were invaluable.

I recommend her highly as an energetic and fascinating tour professional.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Robert R

San Francisco
“An outstanding day visiting English gardens with Robina Brown.”
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Robina Brown took me to two famous gardens outside London - Sissinghurst and Great Dixter. It was a wonderful day and much of that was due to the excellent guiding with Robina. She knows the gardens very well and made the trip to and from additionally interesting, pointing out various points of interest. I want to emphasize that she is outstanding in her knowledge of the botanical aspects of the gardens and that made the trip especially interesting to me. We enjoyed each others company and had much to share and talk about. I would recommend Robina for any kind of trip as she is very accommodating and knows so much about the places one can visit. Again, our day at Sissinghurst and Great Dixter were very special, largely because of her excellent leadership. For anyone interested in horticulture she is a must as a guide.

Marian Brischle

Visited May 2011
Houston, Texas
“The best experience I have ever while traveling.”
Reviewed 8 July 2011

A friend suggested that I consider hiring a personal guide to show London and the surrounding sites to me and my daughters. Having lived in London some years ago, I wondered if we needed a guide.
I contacted Robina Brown of Driver Guide Tours and arranged for her to spend two and one half days showing us around London and the surrounding area. Within the first fifteen minutes of our tour, I knew that we had made a fabulous decision. Under Robina's care and guidance we saw more interesting places, learned a great deal and saved lots of time because Robina knew exactly where to go and when to be there. Driving through London is well worth the effort as we experienced parts of the city we would have travelled beneath and missed entirely. Robina is a delightful companion, she is always interesting and has a fabulous sense of humour. I thank Robina for what my daughters tell me is the "best vacation" they have ever been on and we are already planning our trip, with Robina as our guide, for next year. We consider her to be a good friend and part of our family. BHT

Visited July 2011