“Lovely stay”

The Drayton Court Hotel
Ranked #7 of 573 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed at the Drayton Court whilst visiting our son who lives nearby. It was handy for restaurants in Ealing, and also handy for central London.

The room was beautifully decorated, if a little small - my only minor quibble would be the lack of storage for clothing: just one open hanging rail that did not have enough depth to hang dresses, and no drawers at all. We had to live out of our suitcases - however for a two night stay that wasn't a major issue. The rest of the room facilities were great. A range of teas, cafetiere and ground coffee with a flask of fresh milk, bottled water, tissues, lovely toiletries. The bathroom was also beautifully furnished/decorated.

The soundproofing was excellent. There was no traffic noise whatsoever, and there was a function on whilst we were staying but we could only vaguely hear the music, it certainly did not disturb. Despite being on the first floor and going to bed early there was no noise from the pub. The guests in the next room were extremely noisy in the corridor, but once they closed their bedroom door we could barely hear them!

Overall the service was very good, all of the staff being friendly and most of them efficient. The breakfast menu was great. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Helen M

Reviewed 11 August 2013

I recently attended a wedding at the Drayton Court Hotel and found the service very poor and attitude of serving staff extremely rude. It had the feel that it may have been their first attempt because no forethought had been made to ensure a smooth service. Self service was in operation for soup which in a tightly packed room with waiters scurrying in and out serving the alternative led to a couple of disasters. The alternative, a prawn cocktail served in a tall cocktail glass produced a few comical moments with people trying to cut food with elbows stuck up in the air without knocking over the glass. Bread was provided in a basket on each table but with no butter or side plates -very messy. Any requests had staff sighing and eye rolling as though water or a fork request was not in their job description.
To end the night we were told to leave. Apparently because their licence ends at 1 am that they must then get you off their premises, immediately. If you don't leave on first request (not that I was purposely ignoring orders but rather trying to finish a conversation with family members) then on a second warning get quite a threatening response "Are you getting out or what?". Like a bouncer of a nightclub who was recently released from prison. Needless-to-say it left those in ear shot shocked at such an attitude from staff at a wedding reception. I spoke to the manager who agreed the staff member should not have said that but really the manage just didn't seemed too bothered about it. An apology from the offending staff member would at least suggest to us, the guests, that the Hotel does not condone such attitudes. Unfortunately no such apology was given.
The food and building was lovely so I could not give a 1 circle review but I would be very disappointed to have spent a small fortune for a wedding and have your guests treated in such a way.
Well, you live and learn. I won't be booking my own wedding here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vivienne C
DraytonCourt, General Manager at The Drayton Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear Vivienne,

thank you for your review, your feedback seems to be different from what I have heard from other guests.
I am very disappointed that you did not enjoy the wedding and I can only apologise that your experience was less than perfect.
If you would like to discuss the issues with me directly, please contact me on 0208 997 1019 or email me to: draytoncourtmanager@fullers.co.uk

Kind Regards

Dave Connell

Reviewed 10 August 2013

When I noticed that the walking instructions were "walk one minute from train station" I thought it was going to be a rough night of rumbling Heathrow Connect trains blasting by at high speed. But the (literally) one-minute walk was perpendicular to the tracks (which run down in a trough below ground level there) and we heard nothing of the trains. In fact, this is the quietest hotel I can remember staying in. They really did a fine job at soundproofing; much appreciated. The place is really fresh and upscale, with excellent appointments (the sleek polished chrome shower controls were really cool to operate). The room was not large but no problem. We were extremely comfortable staying there. It's a 12 minute walk to Ealing Broadway tube station to go into central London, as an alternative to the Paddington train connection. The breakfasts were great (we had salmon with scrambled eggs both mornings) and the lady who served us in the breakfast room was funny and charming and very attentive. We would have loved to relax over breakfast but both mornings we had tight schedules. For dinners we at the associated pub, and it was ok. Pretty standard UK pub food. We will definitely try to book at Drayton Court next time we are in the London area. The trip to LHR was just 20 minutes (that one minute walk takes you to the Heathrow Connect, when then gets you to LHR after only a few stops). VERY convenient. Very nice stay. Thanks!

Room Tip: Room 22 was nicely situated, looking over the back, away from the street.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank professor-type
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Not 5 star--but 5 circles due to good price... did a LOT of research and figured this best place to commute into London as it is close enough to visit London (30 minute convenient commute) and worth the savings compared to central London hotels.

The hotel/B&B is very nice and roomy and good breakfast options too.
So--HERE OR CLOSER TO LONDON? After staying there 5 nights we felt the convenience of being nearer London would be worth a slightly less night/smaller room with same price or similar place for slightly more--but we were unable to find a place near this quality for 120L/per night (got a great deal) anywhere near London!

Room Tip: Our room was street side above kitchen area and had one noisy night from party below, otherwise grea...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bluerev1
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My friend invited me out for late lunch (3pm) 18/07/2013 and we placed our order at the bar : 2 beers:Foster ,1 meze £13.95, 1 burger £9.95 , 1 fish and chips.
Barman never asked how I d like my burger cooked and told us the food would be delivered at the table and gave us a number : 6 .
We decided to seat outside in the lovely garden but the tables were not clean so we used a wipe to clean it ourselves . Our food arrived with no cutlery I was told by the first waiter that he is not responsible for the service outside he just delivers the food (he did not seem interested by us its customers) and someone will attend us.
We had to wait 10mns with the food in front of us before someone else arrived : not impressed at all by the service.
When the burger arrived at the table it was black : burn and very solid with slice of uncooked oignon. Fries were not hand made.
The meze : so disappointed . It was not fresh : Hummus was only crushed chickpeas no Tahini no olive oil no garlic no lemon no salt and very dry it did not seem fresh and we asked the waiter to change it .He gave us with a new one but it was the same dry texture.
Tzatziki : it looked like a greenish sauce with no taste very very liquid.Olives were dry and feta cheese did not look not very fresh. Fish and Chips was good and my friend enjoyed.
The poor waiter outside was alone and running around like a headless chicken , it was clear there is a real problem of organization with the service .
We were not impressed.
Would I go back there ? yes maybe but only for drinks not to eat.
There are a lot of young people working there but there s a clear lack of attention and experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
DraytonCourt, General Manager at The Drayton Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Dear Mariomad,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very disappointed that you didn’t enjoy your visit to Drayton Court. I would love to have the opportunity to discuss this with you further. Please do not hesitate to either email me on draytoncourtmanager@fullers.co.uk or call on 02089971019.

Yours faithfully

Dave Connell

Reviewed 19 July 2013

We booked ahead and got a great deal on one of the suites. We stayed in the Lavender Hill Mob suite located on the second floor. The room was fantastic and so spacious! The bed was extremely comfortable and the shower was perfect!

Breakfast was included in our stay and we were able to order off of the menu each morning. We ate other meals in the pub located on the first floor twice. The staff in the pub was very friendly. Meals were decent, but nothing outstanding.

The train station is less than a five minute walk from the hotel and connects you to metro. This was so convenient and extremely easy to use!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SherriT65
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Lovely place to stay and remarkably quiet allowing a good night's sleep. Few small things prevented a five star rating - shower pressure low and breakfast not cooked to order - but overall a good choice if you need to stay in the area.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple