“Pretty average grilled meat - am I missing something?”
Review of Lisboa Grill

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lisboa Grill
Ranked #12,778 of 22,659 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Portuguese
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty average grilled meat - am I missing something?”
Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

Thought the food was pretty average. I shared a mixed grill - chicken was quite tasty, ribs were nice enough, but some of the bits of meat were inedible (a bit of what might have been beef was like leather and I could hardly swallow it; a grilled bit of dry turkey steak was a pointless and not very tasty addition). The marinade was nothing special - tasted sort of spicy and salty but not of anything in particular. My friend's half chicken was nice enough, but again nothing special.

On the plus side, you get absolutely loads of food for your money - no risk whatsoever of leaving hungry. Service was friendly but food took a while to come (I'm not normally bothered by that, but it wasn't really worth the wait).

I had high expectations of this place due to all the positive reviews but I really didn't see what was so good about it. I've had much better grilled meat in Turkish places in Dalston and on Green Lanes, and that's where I'll stick to in future for my meat fix!

• Visited April 2013

LONDON
“consistently fab - forget nandos peri peri!! come here!”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

i have been visiting this restaurant since 1996 when i fell in love with chicken piri piri churrascarra when in lisbon, the place doesnt look much with a takeaway area at the front, but trust me once inside you will be delighted with the food.

This is chicken heaven make no mistake, and the authentic fish stews are also fab, if you want a starter you can always choose chorizo or various other portuguese dishes, but its the chicken!!!

and its also family and wallet friendly... a must visit local restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank JONMCINERN
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Taste of portugal abroad”
Reviewed 28 November 2012 via mobile

Best restaurant yet, fantastic food, great staff, hidden games room. Just perfect for night out or even parties. DNce floor also ;)

1 Thank Amaratanasov
London, United Kingdom
“Huge amounts of meat - Good for groups”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

The entrance is not very appealing, akin to a kebab shop, but through the door at the back and you are in a great room with a mezzanine level, tiled like a Portuguese taverna

Food was huge plates of mixed spicy meat. All pretty tasty, and excellent value. £90 for 6 of us, inc a bottle of wine and some beers. Hard to beat that.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank TootingMike
“Exelent!”
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Great little place. Nice food,fair pricing and amazing staff. We love this restaurant so much that we had our wedding recepcion/lunch/party there last year. Highly recomended! I am a regular there,most of the times for coffee and when we can afford we go there for lunch or dinner