“Staff was very nice and very profesionall..”

Grand Royale London Hyde Park
Ranked #267 of 1,069 Hotels in London
“Staff was very nice and very profesionall..”
Reviewed 24 August 2011

My brother he Booked a room for me in the month of august my stay was excellent all the staff were very helpful at reception and resutrant specially manager gagan,Dorel ,darshana,alius,gabriel thanks to them.in the site it was mentioned wifi îs free that was the best thing and surely will recommand this hotel to everyone.
We will come back again.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (844)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I stayed here after attending a concert in Hyde Park.The Hotel is in good location and it is closed to Bays water and Queen's way tube station which was very useful for me . the staff warmly welcomed us. The Rooms were clean and comfortable & WIFI was so good. The porters at Hotel were very helpful. i had good time.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Australia
Reviewed 23 August 2011

This was possibly the worst hotel stay ever.
First of all, the staff was rather cold when I checked in. Then I called reception to ask if they had a pair of slippers and the phone just rang out. When I finally spoke to someone at the reception, he promised to call back but never did.
The room was very tiny, but I had no issues with that given the price I paid. I was on the 8th (or 7th) floor and there was a tiny little window (A4 size). The noise coming from the street was unbearable and it went on till well past midnight. When I had finally managed to kind of fall asleep, the fire alarm went off. First at 1am, then 2am, then 2:30am. To my surprise, no one had bothered to call to explain why the fire alarm had went off. Each time I got out of the bed, not knowing whether the alarm was real or false.
The next morning, I asked a couple who was also staying there about the alarm, they just said it was nothing unusual, as the night before I arrived the fire alarm had gone off twice as well.
WHAT THE!!!!!!!!

If you just want good location and good size breakfast, this is the place for you. However, if you want a good rest at night, this is definitely not a place for you.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank ameitomu
Kent, Washington
Reviewed 22 August 2011

There are lot of things to say about grand royale london hyde park.First of all the hotel is located in a good area near hyde park,by the way a beautiful park you should visit it in case you decide to spend your holiday in london,the underground station is just 2 minutes away from the hotel which is very convenient for everybody and also all the amenities are near by such as restaurants, pharmacy,shopping mall.now let me tell you something more about the hotel itself.when i first arrived at the hotel i was very impressed with the classic stile, i have to admit that i love this stile and also nowadays you can hardly find such buildings especially hotels.the receptionist was very kind and despite the fact that i arrived a little bit early she managed to provide a room for me which was perfect after a long journey.the room was not that big but very cleaned and quite and the bed was very comfortable.the breakfast was good and the staff was helpful.i did really enjoyed and i would definitely come back.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
MandarDhage, Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The grand royale london hyde park for your stay.

I am very glad to hear that you had a very commfortable stay with us as you mentioned the staff was very friendly and they had arranged the room for you before the checkin time.

Once again Thank You for the positive feedback which will help us and our staff to make more guest stay enjoyable.

Perhaps, please allow us to welcome you once again to our property. We hope to see you again. If I can be of assistance in the future regarding discounted rates or upgrades. Please don’t hesitate to contact us at 02073137900.

Best Regards,
Ravi Guduru
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I stayed here with my friend as we were on trip to London. We picked a room , as we entered hotel the staff welcoming was warm.Hotel service was very good & excellent. The hotel was clean & neat, The location was beautiful. In short, Grand Royale London Hyde park is AWESOME...

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Let me start by thanking you for choosing to stay at The Grand Royale London Hyde Park. It was pleasure to have you with us.
Thank you very much for your positive feed back, i am very glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us.
Best Reagrds,
Ravi Guduru.
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I stayed in this hotel in July. Rooms are really very tiny than shown on internet as many of the customers commented on tripadvisor , but what I really liked about this hotel is overall environment. Specially the entire staff of all departments is very friendly and helpful. Upon arrival I got a very tiny room but on the next day reception staff upgraded me to a club room. Reception and concierge are very enthusiastic and attentive also the service and housekeeping staff is good.
I personally enjoyed the stay and will definitely visit again. Thank you very much Grand Royale for making my stay enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank jones1975
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I booked a room in the Grand Royale two months in advance to have a nice weekend in London with my fiancee to celebrate our engagement. Upon arrival, the staff informed us that they didn't have any rooms available and sent us to another hotel. I had to pay for the taxi fare to the other hotel, which was in a different area of London. We missed our diner appointment as a result of the transfer. The other hotel was horrible and in a terrible neighbourhood. They still made us pay the same rate as agreed for the room in the Grand Royale hotel and made us pay the whole amount for three nights up front. When I told them I didn't want to do that, they suggested I leave the hotel and look for somewhere else to stay. It was 11.30pm so that wasn't an option. We felt extorted and had a horrible stay. We will never go anywhere near this place again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple