I can only concur with all the other negative reviews about this place. How it can be classified 4 star, I do not know. It is the only 4 star hotel I know that:-
1. You pay upfront. Do they not trust their clients?
2. Has "superior rooms" measuring 9 sq. m
3. "Bathroom" so small you cannot dry yourself in it.
4. Does not include breakfast in the exorbitant price.
The location may sound upmarket but across the street is a terrace of decrepit houses, some converted into hostels. The room was comfortable, modern and clean but not a place to relax in after a day out, because of it's claustrophobic nature. There are several places around where you can get a better breakfast for £5 - £9 in better so don't waste £15 here. It has a lift, I was on the 6th floor which was nice and quiet. The thing is hotels in London can charge what they like because the demand is there. They couldn't care less about reviews, customer satisfaction, service, they'll always get some other unfortunate idiot to fill the room. Like you. No disrespect, I'm one of the idiots.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Montcalm Hotel (London) Ltd & Precis Properties Ltd, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Royale London Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Royale London Hyde Park Hotel London
- Shaftesbury London Hyde Park