US$287
US$215
US$188
galahotels.com
4,441 results
All reviewshyde parktheatre barclub roomlillie langtryqueensway tube stationcentral linekensington gardensrooms are smallnotting hillbeautiful hotelsingle roomreception areaan upgradeexcellent breakfastbreakfast roomlocation is excellentfull english breakfast
Reviewed 20 August 2012

i booked here to go to the Hard Rock Calling festival in Hyde Park. location was great, 20mins walk from Marble Arch. Bayswater and Queensway tube stations were right nearby.

the hotel itself is beautifully decorated, facilites in the room were great, turndown service was a nice surprise.

breakfast was a full english and continental buffet, great food, great selection.

the shaftesbury group offer deals on their website. i got two nights for two people for £300, which for the area is a decent price.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
GouravGupta, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent booking with us here at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 020 7313 7900.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

I stayed at the hotel in August 2012. When I returned home from my stay, my credit card company contacted me regarding suspicious use in London of my credit card. I booked the hotel on the internet in advance and the payment was made upon arrival. The payment of the hotel was the only place that I used my credit card during the trip. My advice: Keep clear of the hotel and its sister hotels as I have read reviews of similar cases at the other hotels.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank No4032Hau

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Grand Royale London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I sincerely and profusely apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk as per your earliest convenience so we can talk discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies & we look forward to welcoming you back at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

I didn't have the experience of being relocated however, I did hear them doing that to others. This hotel has something very fishy going on. When I first booked the price was double. When I noticed, I canceled my reservation and rebooked at the lower rate. I am sure they would never have told me. The room is very small and you can barely get to one side of the bed. The staff polite and they have a decent breakfast. The main plus is the location to the different tube lines. I would stay at another place when I come back because they don't make you feel like they are trustworthy.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 August 2012

People must be getting bored of reading this now, but I have to have my say as I am furious and my holiday was utterly spoilt by this hotel and the Shastesbury chain- PLEASE STAY AWAY!

My boyfriend and I checked in on Thursday 9th August. The receptionist took our payment, asked for my signature and then whipped out a map. She circled where the hotel was, and then very calmly circled another hotel a few miles away and simply said- "You're here now, your new hotel is here. We have maintenance problems so have moved you to this hotel. A taxi will pick you up outside and take you there." I could not believe my ears! We'd looked and looked at every hotel in London and had chosen this one for it's decor, its history, its location- everything! And we were now being told so calmly that we weren't staying here!!! I put up a fight but they didn't even sympathise and the taxi came and took us to our new hotel.

The new hotel (Shaftesbury premier Paddington) was BY NO means the same standard. The reception was dark and dingy and the clubhouse room they'd so kindly upgraded us to had stale and mouldy croissants in the cupboard! I rang the manager straight away and demanded they find me a room at the hotel I'd booked. I'd actually looked at booking the Shaftesbury premier and it was A LOT cheaper than where we decided to stay so they were basically robbing us!

To be fair the manager was quite accomodating and he promised to have us in our origional hotel by 1pm the next day if we just stayed there one night. He also promised to give us a £30 refund after finally admitting this hotel was cheaper than the one we'd booked. With no other choice, we stayed the one night and got moved the following day. It was very stressful, we were in a place we didn't know, near none of the things we wanted to see! And our first and second day plans went out of the window as we spent it on the phone to the manager or moving from hotel to hotel. The worst part is that I went online to see if I could book a room at the Grand Royale park for while we were there and low and behold, despite the "maintenance problem effecting two floors" I could still book a three night stay in the hotel! Basically, they overbook and ship you off to sister hotels! Please be warned! They are liars!! When we did finally get to our hotel, they had apparently upgraded us- not so sure there! And they said they'd left us a free bottle of wine. Guess what? No wine anywhere! They also tried saying we'd get complimentary breakfast for our inconveneince. Guess what? We'd already paid for our breakfast! And when this was explained there was NO other compensation it was basically tough luck!

However, To be fair, apart from the TERRIBLE customer service, the rooms and the hotel were lovely and the breakfast was nice. What disgusted me most was that on our departure there was no apology or anything! They just asked us to pay the bar bill and off we went! The staff never made us feel welcome at all during our stay. Very very bad! It's such a shame because the hotel is beautiful in a wonderful location but I wouldn't trust to book here again because I doubt we'd end up staying here! Please ring and check before you leave if you have already booked! They had my mobile number so could have rang and warned me but chose to wait until I was there with nowhere else to go. Absolutely disgusting they do this to people on holiday, looking for a relaxing time! Please sort it Shaftesbury! I will tell everyone to avoid you from now and that's a shame because most of your hotels seem very nice!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sunseasandlaughs
GouravGupta, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Reviewed 17 August 2012

Stayed here for two nights (Mon/Tues) to attend the Olympics. Was very easy to get from Paddington (walkable) and to tube station (Queensway around the corner as mentioned by previous reviewers). A Hyde Park entrance is literally across the road so very easy for a stroll or to visit the Diana Memorial or Serpentine Gallery.

The room was small but well designed to get the most out of a small area - though do have to say that the bathroom was the smallest I've ever seen in a hotel - but it worked!! We had two comfortable nights sleep and there was no rush for us to check out in the morning of our departure - always a bonus!

The breakfast was tasty and plentiful - cooked buffet as well as the usual cereals, fruit, pastries etc. Apples were available from the reception desk (red and green!!) whenever you wanted them.

Overall, great hotel experience!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments and feel very proud that the team at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park was able to meet your expectations and that you loved the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back.