“unforgettable trip”

Ranked #265 of 1,068 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“unforgettable trip”
Reviewed 25 August 2012

stayed in the month of August ad was very pleased wth our stay. staff is very courtiers specially gabriel and Anca who went all the way to accommodate our needs. location is great, rooms are small though but hey you are in london so cant complaint much. rooms are nicely done and cleaned. i would surely be coming back to stay here again. i would say that job was well done.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
GouravGupta, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 30 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

I am writing to you personally to thank you for your stay with us. I am delighted to know that you had an enjoyable and comfortable time during your stay with us.

We will look forward to welcome you back and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (844)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Rougemont, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 August 2012 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. We shall certainly be staying here again. We're always concerned when booking hotels close to central London & have many horror stories to tell. Here's our findings on this one:

Pro's
1) Excellent location on a quiet, but very pretty side street off Bayswater Road
2) Literally a 2 minute walk from Queenway tube station (yes we timed it)
3) Beautiful lobby area, lounges, restaurant & other common areas
4) Bedroom was small but had clearly been modernized and the bathroom was also updated with a powerful shower
5) Free fruit tray, cookies & coffee making facilities in the room
6) Free & fast Wi-Fi
7) Large flat screen TV
8) Breakfast was unbelievable. Very well cooked & a great selection. The orange juice was also fresh & not reconstituted from powder
9) Everywhere was clean, especially the bedroom, bathroom & dining room
10) Staff were attentive & courteous

Con's
1) I think the rooms were a little small - but really you do adapt to this pretty quickly

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank grdarkens
GouravGupta, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 26 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Grand Royale London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We appreciate your comments and feel very proud that the team at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park was able to meet your expectations and that you loved the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Thank you again for taking the time and we certainly appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Örebro
Reviewed 23 August 2012

This hotel has a real special athmosphere. Prince Edward built it for his mistress Lily Langtry as a love-nest. He was inspired of the design of theRitz Hotel. The lobby is so beautiful with nice and helpful staff, great breakfast in Lilys ballroom and you can take a drink in her private theatre. Small, but very comfortable rooms. Perfect location with two underground stations round the corner. Hyde Park on the other side of the street. Can´t be a better place to stay in London.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kokkaria
Dear Guest,

Thank you again for taking the time for your comments. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I have stayed at this Hotel for several times on business and leisure. It's very well located, 5 minutes from underground, in front of Hyde Park and closely to Queensway Street, with a lot of restaurants, a Whiteleys Shopping Centre.

The staff is friendly, especially Mr. Dhiraj. So, when I am not satisfied with I do ask for and the staff attend me very well.

The breakfast is very good and also included in the room price. You can enjoy a real English breakfast and be served by a great team.

The rooms are good but its layout can be improved in order to have a better space in.

I strong recommend it.

Room Tip: higher floors, rooms are quieter!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent booking with us here at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 020 7313 7900.

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2012

i booked here to go to the Hard Rock Calling festival in Hyde Park. location was great, 20mins walk from Marble Arch. Bayswater and Queensway tube stations were right nearby.

the hotel itself is beautifully decorated, facilites in the room were great, turndown service was a nice surprise.

breakfast was a full english and continental buffet, great food, great selection.

the shaftesbury group offer deals on their website. i got two nights for two people for £300, which for the area is a decent price.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
GouravGupta, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 22 August 2012

Haugesund, Norway
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I stayed at the hotel in August 2012. When I returned home from my stay, my credit card company contacted me regarding suspicious use in London of my credit card. I booked the hotel on the internet in advance and the payment was made upon arrival. The payment of the hotel was the only place that I used my credit card during the trip. My advice: Keep clear of the hotel and its sister hotels as I have read reviews of similar cases at the other hotels.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank No4032Hau
Dear Guest,

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I sincerely and profusely apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk as per your earliest convenience so we can talk discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies & we look forward to welcoming you back at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I didn't have the experience of being relocated however, I did hear them doing that to others. This hotel has something very fishy going on. When I first booked the price was double. When I noticed, I canceled my reservation and rebooked at the lower rate. I am sure they would never have told me. The room is very small and you can barely get to one side of the bed. The staff polite and they have a decent breakfast. The main plus is the location to the different tube lines. I would stay at another place when I come back because they don't make you feel like they are trustworthy.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family