“Good clean room and helpful staff”

Ranked #268 of 1,068 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Good clean room and helpful staff”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Located in excellent location in Bayswater and Hyde Park is just across the road. From a location point of view a perfect place to be.

It has 2 tube stations (Queensway and Bayswater) within a minute of walk and a bus stop. This gives good connectivity and saves on travel time.

There are a variety of restaurants serving indian, chinees, italian, lebanees and many other cuisines in the next lane to the hotel and food is also quite nice.

Hotel itself is nice, clean and quite. The rooms are small but that is the case in most of London hotels of this size. For a solo traveller I was booked into a double room so for me space was not an issue for me.

The bathroom was clean and the room had nice bed to sleep. It also had internet with good speed, large LCD TV, Hair dryer and was provided with steam iron with board when I requested. The room also had a good air conditioning system which was handy as it was hot in London when I stayed there.

The staff was friendly and responded promptly to my request with a special mention to Charu for sorting out WiFi for me.

I stayed for 10 days and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: At the time of check in first see the rooms and select as some of the rooms can be quite small then...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
GouravGupta, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 30 August 2012

Thank you for staying with us at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

I am writing to you personally to thank you for your stay with us. I am delighted to know that you had an enjoyable and comfortable time during your stay with us. I will surely pass on your comments to the concerned person as well.

We will look forward to welcome you back and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (844)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Great location, helpful n professional staff, nice n clean rooms, great service. What else u can ask for!! Highly recomended and will definately come back again.. Breakfast is amazing and typicall english design makes u feel amazing.

• Stayed July 2012
GouravGupta, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 27 August 2012

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2012

This hotel is excellently located and directly opposite Hyde Park offering great walking and access to Kensington Palace (10 minutes) etc. It is close to two different tube lines (2 minutes each) giving easy access to all parts of London including the main train stations and Heathrow. Being situated just outside the Congestion Zone it also allows for easy car parking with one situated directly behind hotel. The ambience of the hotel is fantastic and retains a huge historical relevance with the lobby, lounge and dining (breakfast [on first floor]) area well above many 4* & 5* London hotels you will find and which we have stayed in. You must take photos when you visit! Breakfast first class. Staff were friendly, professional and very efficient - making check-in and check-out effortless. Room (we had a Club) was compact but not as small as some 5* in London! However, the shower itself was small and virtually impossible to manoeuvre in - would have liked a bath as my wife suffers from occasional back problems and likes a soak after a hard (and expensive) day shopping - but we shall request this the next time we stay. All in all an experience well worth trying and one I shall recommend to friends and business associates. We intend to use this hotel for a majority of our many anticipated future visits to London and similarly I shall use it for my business trips.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2012

stayed in the month of August ad was very pleased wth our stay. staff is very courtiers specially gabriel and Anca who went all the way to accommodate our needs. location is great, rooms are small though but hey you are in london so cant complaint much. rooms are nicely done and cleaned. i would surely be coming back to stay here again. i would say that job was well done.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends

Rougemont, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 August 2012 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. We shall certainly be staying here again. We're always concerned when booking hotels close to central London & have many horror stories to tell. Here's our findings on this one:

Pro's
1) Excellent location on a quiet, but very pretty side street off Bayswater Road
2) Literally a 2 minute walk from Queenway tube station (yes we timed it)
3) Beautiful lobby area, lounges, restaurant & other common areas
4) Bedroom was small but had clearly been modernized and the bathroom was also updated with a powerful shower
5) Free fruit tray, cookies & coffee making facilities in the room
6) Free & fast Wi-Fi
7) Large flat screen TV
8) Breakfast was unbelievable. Very well cooked & a great selection. The orange juice was also fresh & not reconstituted from powder
9) Everywhere was clean, especially the bedroom, bathroom & dining room
10) Staff were attentive & courteous

Con's
1) I think the rooms were a little small - but really you do adapt to this pretty quickly

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank grdarkens
GouravGupta, Front Office Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 26 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Grand Royale London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We appreciate your comments and feel very proud that the team at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park was able to meet your expectations and that you loved the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Thank you again for taking the time and we certainly appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Thank you very much.

Örebro
Reviewed 23 August 2012

This hotel has a real special athmosphere. Prince Edward built it for his mistress Lily Langtry as a love-nest. He was inspired of the design of theRitz Hotel. The lobby is so beautiful with nice and helpful staff, great breakfast in Lilys ballroom and you can take a drink in her private theatre. Small, but very comfortable rooms. Perfect location with two underground stations round the corner. Hyde Park on the other side of the street. Can´t be a better place to stay in London.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kokkaria
Dear Guest,

Thank you again for taking the time for your comments. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Thank you very much.

Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I have stayed at this Hotel for several times on business and leisure. It's very well located, 5 minutes from underground, in front of Hyde Park and closely to Queensway Street, with a lot of restaurants, a Whiteleys Shopping Centre.

The staff is friendly, especially Mr. Dhiraj. So, when I am not satisfied with I do ask for and the staff attend me very well.

The breakfast is very good and also included in the room price. You can enjoy a real English breakfast and be served by a great team.

The rooms are good but its layout can be improved in order to have a better space in.

I strong recommend it.

Room Tip: higher floors, rooms are quieter!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent booking with us here at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 020 7313 7900.