“Two nights stay”

Ranked #287 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Sydney, Australia
“Two nights stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

I am in my seventies travelling alone, I felt very safe, and happy to walk to the shops, cafes etc. The room, although small was adequate for one, bathroom very clean. I enjoyed my breakfast. scrambled eggs were not hot, but the staff were delightful, my expresso coffee delicious. I would not hesitate to stay with you again. Great to be able to have a shuttle bus pick-up from the door to Heathrow .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
AnkurSehgal, Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you staying with us at the Grand Royale.

We are pleased to know that your stay with us was pleasant and your feedback will be shared with the team which will help us to maintain our service level.

We hope to see you back some time in future and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Ankur Sehgal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (809)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

Where do I start?! The rooms were TINY, you literally couldn't swing a cat in it. They look completely different on the website. The breakfast was horrendous (powdered egg used for scrambled eggs!), and £24!!! The bar closed at 11:30pm?! The bathroom was so small I felt claustrophobic in there. The staff didn't have a clue what they were doing. Our friend twisted his ankle and we asked for a bag of ice and they gave us a cardboard Selfridges bag filled with ice?! We had no remote control in our room (not that it really mattered because we were so close to the tv from our bed that we could turn over the channel with our feet!). Only 1 of 2 lifts working with took FOREVER to arrive.
It's a very old hotel which is completely falling apart and which should be a little more honest about how many stars it has and about room sizes, it won't be seeing us again in this lifetime!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Rosie C
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Grand Royale London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I sincerely and profusely apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk as per your earliest convenience so we can talk discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies & we look forward to welcoming you back at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

the hotel is stunning, the staff were fantastic and really friendly and helpful. The room was just too small for 2 people. I had to climb on the bottom of the bed to get in as the dressing table was jammed against it. The bathroom was the smallest I have ever seen. There was no water provided and when asked we were charged £4.50 for a bottle. If we had been staying longer I would have been very disappointed and refused the room. Ok for a single person staying. Such a shame because the hotel is so so beautiful.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a large double.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us at Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

I am writing to you personally to thank you for your stay with us & providing us the feedback below. By telling us what you liked about your stay, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future

Being one of the heritage property, highly listed building and modern design done in our rooms, we do tend to struggle with our room size although we do have larger rooms available.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Good location (about a 10 minute walk from Paddington station, and across the road from Hyde Park) and a nice old building, which manifests itself in a nice lobby and lounge. However, as other reviewers outlined, the rooms are very small. The bedroom and bathroom were very clean -- nice shower too. I got a good price compared to some of the more dingy hotels close to the station, so cannot complain too much...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

I am writing to you personally to thank you for your stay with us. We are indeed pleased to know that your stay was satisfactory.

We will look forward to welcome you back to provide you the superior service and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Bedford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

The hotel building is very old and original. The staff are very casual and not very helpful, and they never smiled!
We were on a weekend break with family and I chose this hotel for its charm, unfortunately the staff let it down badly and I will never go back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
AnkurSehgal, Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 9 December 2013

Heraklion, Greece
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

The pictures in their website are misleading. The room is much smaller than what it seems on the pictures. I was there with my wife and she had to seat on the bed while I was getting ready and vise versa.
The bed is narrow and short and you can feel the air from the airconditioning on your face while sleeping. The room was getting cold in the early hours and the extra small duvet didn't help.
In general very bad value for money.

Positive aspects of the hotel: It was clean, Good location, very near to the tube station, Clean, Good WiFi, Good water pressure and heat in the bathroom, Big closet, Good Breakfast.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else to stay...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
AnkurSehgal, Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 8 December 2013

Norwich, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

They told me my room was 201 I unlock the door to find a narrow staircase up about ten steps to the bed. When laying in the bed I could touch both walls. The room was tiny. I had a 5 night stay and they never changed the linens on the bed or Vacuumed the floors. It was 12 pounds for breakfast each day which consisted of powdered scrambled eggs and half cooked sausages. If you only wanted a cup of coffee, you had to pay the 12 pounds. I have never stayed in such a poorly run hotel in my entire life. Never again!

Room Tip: Don't stay here! you will regret it
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business